• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Christianity Really Sucks

God is perfectly Holy and sin is an abomination to Holiness. they cannot mix.
You sure God is okay with his creations telling him what he "can" and "cannot" do, based on what their tiny mortal brains can imagine?
i am sorry i don't what you are saying. we don't tell God what to do or can do. that is just not how it works. God is the supreme being over all, He call the shots (He is perfectly Holy, perfect in love, joy, peace, patience, goodness, favor, forgiveness, beauty, kindness, in justice....)

your view of christianity is not balanced. read below what a top historian says about the history of christianity. rememeber we are all sinnners and do bad things but the balance of the history of christianity is that best thing that happened in the society of mankind. read below

states prominent historian Dr. John D. Woodbridge. regarding how much the Christian faith has done for the world

“all have been deeply involved in helping the poor, the disadvantaged, the disenfranchised.. They’ve [Christians] been willing to work against their own personal interests to serve others.

Losing all of that –
all the missionary work,
all the hospitals,
all the homeless shelters,
all the rehabilitation programs,
all of the orphanages,
all of the relief organizations,
all the selfless feeding of the hungry and
clothing of the poor and
encouraging the sick

– would be a devastating blow to the world [if it didn’t have Christianity]

…think about all the hospitals, most started by Christian organizations.

think of all of the great educational institutions that Christians built, including Harvard, Yale, and Princeton which were originally conceived and constructed to advance the Gospel

…Christians have given their minds to God, and their literary, musical, architectural, scientific, and artistic contributions, if taken away, would render the world much more dull and shallow”
Yeah any religion is not that bad as long as it is just people with common beliefs getting together willingly to do their thing. However, the evilness of religion bursts out as soon as they have any power over others. Hold the religious and religion to the same restraints that any individual has and religion isn't that great a problem.

what you say is 100% true for islam. you cannot say that for christianity. our country is based on christian/judeo values and you would be toast living someplace without those values. you should thank God that your country is based on those values

so you did not refute anything from the Professor Woodbridge

what you say is 100% true for islam. you cannot say that for christianity. our country is based on christian/judeo values and you would be toast living someplace without those values. you should thank God that your country is based on those values

It works in the U.S. because there is a ban on mixing religion and government (even though religions keep trying to). Religion is not allowed to have coercive power over people. Where religions can exert coercive power the true evilness of religion quickly emerges.

Woodbridge can prattle all he wants it doesn't change the nature of a religion with power.

Last edited:

It works in the U.S. because there is a ban on mixing religion and government (even though religions keep trying to). Religion is not allowed to have coercive power over people. Where religions can exert coercive power the true evilness of religion quickly emerges.

Woodbridge can prattle all he wants it doesn't change the nature of a religion with power.
bottom line: you cannot refute woodbridge. 2nd. Jesus said, what belongs to Ceasar give to Ceasar. that is separation of government and religion from Jesus, this is our founding principles. no where else in the world do you have that. you are so lucky you have a christian base here

bottom line: you cannot refute woodbridge.
That makes no sense. Woodbridge (whoever the fuck he is or if he is) was not talking about a religion that has any control of the government. Religions in the U.S. keep trying their damnedest to gain political power. If they do then you can expect something like a return to the inquisition like religion did when they had political power.

" 2nd. Jesus said, what belongs to Ceasar give to Ceasar. that is separation of government and religion from Jesus, this is our founding principles. no where else in the world do you have that. you are so lucky you have a christian base here"

I have no idea what you expect me to get out of this. The fact is that religions have attempted to and continue to attempt to gain control of governmental power. I would expect that even you wish that you could have the power to make the laws in the U.S. so you could shape it to your idea of some ideal Christian society.

bottom line: you cannot refute woodbridge.
That makes no sense. Woodbridge (whoever the fuck he is or if he is) was not talking about a religion that has any control of the government. Religions in the U.S. keep trying they damnedest to gain political power. If they do then you can expect something like a return to the inquisition like religion did when they had political power.

" 2nd. Jesus said, what belongs to Ceasar give to Ceasar. that is separation of government and religion from Jesus, this is our founding principles. no where else in the world do you have that. you are so lucky you have a christian base here"

I have no idea what you expect me to get out of this. The fact is that religions have attempted to and continue to attempt to gain control of governmental power. I would expect that even you wish that you could have the power to make the laws in the U.S.
woodbridge of course was not talking about a religion in control of the gvt. he was talking about christianity. can you REFUTE anything the EXPERT historian said, or do you think you are smarter than him and can refute him?

if you had asked me how many people were killed in the Inquisition, I would’ve said hundreds of thousands, maybe millions; horrible blot on christianity. TRUTH of it is, these things are carefully studied. Henry Kamen has a multi-volume study of the Inquisition. The Spanish Inquisition was the worst and over 350 years the number of people killed in the Inquisition was fewer than 2,000. Now, 2,000 people, 350 years, it works out to about five guys a year, not normally considered a world historical crime

Jesus said religion is separate from the government. i thought his saying was crystal clear on that.

the U.S., canada, have been around for centuries, can you tell me when EVER the religious people tried to literally take over the gvt. and make it a theocracy. again, you are saying assertions that are completely without proof. you need to really think about that

So the conclusion is God hate the act of sin, and does not hate the person.
That's some idiotic apologetics. I suppose Wilhelm Keitel must be bathing in your gods presence because after he exterminated millions and caused the death of tens of million more he asked to receive communion and praised Jesus Christ once he realized he was going to hang for his crimes. So all those good catholic and lutheran christian Nazis that murdered so many people are dearly loved by your asinine woo beast. Such a crock of shit.

But it makes apologetic sense (Did I say that?) because your murderous woo beast knew they'd murder all those people. So sure, he loves them because they're just like him in the woo beast tales of christianity.

why are you basing the christian religion on some nobody. the christian religion is God, Jesus Christ. can you find a problem in Him instead of wildly going off on some dude that has nothing to do with the essence of christianity. do not look at the people. look at who/what/ christianity is: Jesus Christ. all humans are sinful and have problems. is doesn't make sense to focus on them when analyzing a religion. islam is violent and decadent because muhammad was a violent pedophile. that is who you look at. Jesus was sinless

God allows you to turn away from sin and seek Him and accept Him as long as you are alive. if the keitel was just trying to scam God, that obviously will not work

hitler was NOT a christian. i KNOW the nazi's were going AGAINST what Jesus said. what Jesus said is the ONLY thing that counts. either you obey Him or you refuse Him and purposefully go against Him (then you are not a christian)

muhammad said to kill all the ones that do not believe in allah. jesus said to love your neighbor AND ENEMIES - ZERO EXCEPTIONS

since you HATE christianity so much - love your neighbor AND ENEMIES - ZERO EXCEPTIONS - you sound exactly like the evil satanic muhammad

You sure God is okay with his creations telling him what he "can" and "cannot" do, based on what their tiny mortal brains can imagine?
i am sorry i don't what you are saying. we don't tell God what to do or can do. that is just not how it works. God is the supreme being over all, He call the shots (He is perfectly Holy, perfect in love, joy, peace, patience, goodness, favor, forgiveness, beauty, kindness, in justice....)
But he "cannot" do things you disapprove of? He made all these things, made them all intentionally, but he "cannot" mix with the parts you find icky? Who's to tell him not to? Is this the ants on the sidewalk, telling the kid with magnifying glass which ones to fry?

But he "cannot" do things you disapprove of? He made all these things, but he "cannot" mix with the parts you find icky? Who's to tell him not to? The ants on the sidewalk, telling the kid with magnifying glass which ones to fry?
. what are you talking about, you are not making sense. a perfectly HOLY person cannot mix have sin/evil. this is basic logic. no one is telling God to do anything. what are you talking about?

But he "cannot" do things you disapprove of? He made all these things, but he "cannot" mix with the parts you find icky? Who's to tell him not to? The ants on the sidewalk, telling the kid with magnifying glass which ones to fry?
. what are you talking about, you are not making sense. a perfectly HOLY person cannot mix have sin/evil. this is basic logic. no one is telling God to do anything. what are you talking about?
If God hates all the same things you do, why did he make them? And why would he care about you telling him he cannot mix with his own creations if he feels like it? You supposedly believe he made you, not the other way around, right? He's the artist, not the paint- seems to me he can do whatever he likes with the colors.

If God hates all the same things you do, why did he make them? And why would he care about you telling him he cannot mix with his own creations if he feels like it? You supposedly believe he made you, not the other way around, right? He's the artist, not the paint- seems to me he can do whatever he likes with the colors.
It appears that your comment about God's creations telling God what he can do and not do went right over JC's head

Banned? But JC's education was just beginning!
I kinda agree.
Irritating as JC was, I didn't find him all that different from some of the wokesters around here.
Tom
The shame is that he refused to argue for or even say what his beliefs were. I tried a few time to get him to tell us what he was trying to convert us to but he never would.

I kinda agree.
Irritating as JC was, I didn't find him all that different from some of the wokesters around here.
Tom
The shame is that he refused to argue for or even say what his beliefs were. I tried a few time to get him to tell us what he was trying to convert us to but he never would.
Did you really have a question about what he trying to do? I certainly didn't.

He did say, more than once. Usually in a fit of pique, not very clearly, but he did.

As many posters pointed out, though, he seemed to think his opinions were news. As if we, in general, hadn't heard them before ad nauseam. I used to post on seriously Christian internet forums, like Erwin's CF, and In All Things Love. JC's configuration of the same old stuff wasn't even particularly original.

I'd have preferred that the locals hadn't kept baiting him. IIDB does have an <ignore> function.
Tom

I kinda agree.
Tom
Did you really have a question about what he trying to do? I certainly didn't.

He did say, more than once. Usually in a fit of pique, not very clearly, but he did.

As many posters pointed out, though, he seemed to think his opinions were news. As if we, in general, hadn't heard them before ad nauseam. I used to post on seriously Christian internet forums, like Erwin's CF, and In All Things Love. JC's configuration of the same old stuff wasn't even particularly original.

I'd have preferred that the locals hadn't kept baiting him. IIDB does have an <ignore> function.
Tom
It was obvious that his trying to prove evolution to be false was driven by his Christian belief but there are a hell of a lot of different Christian beliefs. I strongly suspect he was a "Young Earth Creationist" (YEC) which is a very small, select, and extremist outlier group of Christians with many beliefs at odds with most Christians. If he believed in an 8,000 year old Earth then obviously evolution wouldn't have had time to generate the great diversity of species we see, even though he accepted what he called 'microevolution'. The YECs originally rejected evolution entirely but after being shown laboratory examples of the evolution of bacteria, etc. they were pretty much forced to concede but moved to claiming that evolution could not create new species.

And then there are the evangelical Christians that have pretty much conceded that evolution can create new species but only within their "kind" (whatever the hell that is). Then official Catholic doctrine has pretty much conceded that evolution is true because that is how god decided to set up nature.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom