• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Climate Change(d)?

co2-graph-083122_scaled_scrunched.jpg

Does this look like a natural variation?

Swizzle, did you see this? It has been shown to you several times. Would you care to comment on it? :unsure:

Chart, Swizzle? :unsure:

As we all know it is political propaganda that smoking cigarettes is bad for you.

There really is no link between smoking and lung cancer. I know it is true because I know people who smoke who do not have cancer.

Wrong thread?
I am sure you got the point of the analogy to your reasoning about human caused climate change as political propaganda..

Back in the day there were numerous 'scientific' studies to show there was no link between smoking and cancer, always linked to tobacco money.

Today you can find any number of claims that our rapid climate chge has nothing to do with pollution.

With online AI I am sure any idiot can create a 'scientific study'.

Why are you avoiding the question? Do you understand that even without pollution the atmosphere functions as a hothouse? There would be no biosphere without it, at least as we know it.

1. You acknowledge we are witnessing climate change.

I acknowledge that earth’s climate is always changing and has natural variations.

I reject that we are in the midst of a climate apocalypse due to human influence. The reason I reject that notion because there is no evidence that proves it. You can bang on about backyard greenhouses all you like but that is not evidence.

You and the rest of the extremists are claiming the planet is fucked and humanity is screwed based on an imperceptible increase in global average temperature. This is nonsense.

Why do you keep using the word 'apocalypse?' We probably do have a climate driven crisis in our future, but even a major crisis is not an 'apocalypse.'

The era of global warming has ended and “the era of global boiling has arrived”, the UN secretary general, António Guterres, has said after scientists confirmed July was on track to be the world’s hottest month on record. “Climate change is here. It is terrifying. And it is just the beginning,” Guterres said.

The Gruaniad

We have 12 years to limit climate change catastrophe, warns UN

Teh Gruaniad

etc.

You must know how news articles and clickbait work? Try to find an academic source that speak in terms, as you claim, of an end of the world apocalypse.

you can roll your eyes all you want but you’re the who said “[methane] doesn’t fit in with” rhe big oil narrative. Why don’t you think it fits? These are your words. If you can’t explain your positions then you’re just a naysayer for no apparent reason.
Hey, when they have an infinite supply of rolleyes emojis, Santa Monica ignoramuses don’t need to ‘splain nuthin.
Try to find an academic source that speak in terms, as you claim, of an end of the world apocalypse.

It's only an apocalypse if the Santa Monica Pier is moved to East LA. :cool:
And remember! Correlation is NOT Causation!!!!

1723682093940.png

As we all know it is political propaganda that smoking cigarettes is bad for you.

There really is no link between smoking and lung cancer. I know it is true because I know people who smoke who do not have cancer.

Wrong thread?
I am sure you got the point of the analogy to your reasoning about human caused climate change as political propaganda..

Oh, so you agree that the media is fearmongering about human caused climate change, it is propaganda.

Can you guess where all the HEAT-TRAPPING carbon dioxide that caused that sudden HUGE spike came from? Or should I say, WHO it came from? :unsure: ETA: that chart is from NASA SCIENTISTS, by the way, not Al Gore or who or whatever. But then, you’ve already seen this and you already know the source. That you won’t address these data speaks volumes.

Fizzle has a religious like faith in science whenever he is on a jet. He doesn't know why not knowing the underlying science, but he gets on a jet none the less. Implicit faith in science.

It is not fearmongering when there are serious issues.

California agriculture is being affected. Water supplies. There is a lot to be worried about if you are younger. That is if you listen to global reporting from multiple sources.

Fizzle may be afraid to answer, does he understand the atmosphere always has greenhouse gases and acts like a greenhouse regardless of human pollution? Nothing controversial or debatable about that.

The evolution of atmosphere is traceable back to the beginning. Nothing controversial or debatable about that either.

Fizzle has a religious like faith in science whenever he is on a jet. He doesn't know why not knowing the underlying science, but he gets on a jet none the less. Implicit faith in science.
What on earth are you talking about now? You are all over the place and not making any sense.

Behave yourself. Teh Gruaniad and the BBC along with many others churn out fearmongering climate catastrophe claptrap all the time.

California agriculture is being affected. Water supplies. There is a lot to be worried about if you are younger. That is if you listen to global reporting from multiple sources.

California is being affected by an incredibly incompetent government more than the climate.

It is a catastrophic 82 degrees today. Santa Monica Pier is standing majestically in the Pacific Ocean. People are fishing off the end of the pier like they don't have a care in the world.

Last edited:
California is being affected by an incredibly incompetent government more than the climate.
Santa Monica is not California, it is IN California.
It is a catastrophic 82 degrees today. Santa Monica Pier is standing majestically in the Pacific Ocean. People are fishing off the end of the pier like they don't have a care in the world.
There’s a far far away place called the Central Valley*, where climate change is already having effects that are disastrous for marginalized communities.

* also IN California

The vast majority of forest fires in California are caused by human interactions, not climate change. The most recent wildfire was caused by some dimwit setting their car on fire, not climate change.

It really is a religion for you. I think a Christian could persuade you into believing that miracles are real, the resurrection did happen and Mary was a virgin.
Once again, you're missing the mark. Yes, the fires are mostly human caused. Humans have been causing fires for a long time and if anything the rate has probably dropped as people are more careful about fire these days. What has changed is the severity of fires once they start. And the climate can have a big effect on that. As with so much, a small change in the middle produces big changes in the tails. A lot more fires get big enough to create their own fire-spreading weather.

Wrong thread?

Oh, so you agree that the media is fearmongering about human caused climate change, it is propaganda.
The popular press always gets it wrong on technical matters. It's not propaganda, it's reporters who don't understand what they're reporting on and trying to simplify it more than is possible.

On technical matters the only thing to get from the popular press is what issues warrant reading up on. The scientific press isn't fearmongering, they're just laying out how bad it can be.

Well, anthropogenic global warming IS a far more saleable product than say, “Stop The Steal”, since it is based on reality, evidence and stuff like that.
Just because of a typo you say it's not based on reality?

They're trying to rebuild the US steel industry by blocking imports! :)

What on earth are you talking about now? You are all over the place and not making any sense.

Behave yourself. Teh Gruaniad and the BBC along with many others churn out fearmongering climate catastrophe claptrap all the time.

I am talkng about your utter and compete ignorance of the topic you are posting on.

Back
Top Bottom