• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Climate Change(d)?

None of this has anything to do with religion, or tolerating or not tolerating dissent, or any of these side issues, these silly distractions. It has to do with cold, hard data, and SCIENCE. The science and the cold, hard data show that the world is rapidly warming and it is because of humans. That’s it. If you want to dispute the facts, then you are a member of a Rapture-like cult.

So far in all your posts you have not responded to any of the science we post

Not true. I ridiculed a "science" article that was posted just the other day.

The coming climate apocalypse narrative is fearmongering bullshit and very much a religious cult and also very political.
Posting an article that you interpret as a refutation of climate change is not responding to posts.

Jeezus, I am not refuting "climate change" I am refuting propaganda.

I don't think any o us here are science experts, but we know enough to be able to filter through information and form our own conclusions.

And yet you are so certain you will not tolerate dissent. That is religion.
You are not refuting climate change, does that mean you acknowledge global warming is due to human pollution? Yes or no please.

Propaganda? You seem to mean the fringe activists who get carried away with themselves. They are the flip side of the climate change deniers who want to do nothing. Trump who wants to increase use of coal.

The coming climate apocalypse narrative is fearmongering bullshit and very much a religious cult and also very political.
Posting an article that you interpret as a refutation of climate change is not responding to posts.

I don't think any o us here are science experts, but we know enough to be able to filter through information and form our own conclusions.

You are not refuting climate change, does that mean you acknowledge global warming is due to human pollution? Yes or no please.

Human pollution? Erm, no.

Propaganda? You seem to mean the fringe activists who get carried away with themselves.

Oh behave. If they were fringe we would not be wasting trillions of dollars on a green new deal trying to get to net zero etc.

They are the flip side of the climate change deniers who want to do nothing. Trump who wants to increase use of coal.

For fucks sake I cannot be bothered with this "climate change deniers" bullshit.

Y

For fucks sake I cannot be bothered with this "climate change deniers" bullshit.
You are a Rapture-like cult denier of human-induced climate change, when in fact human-induced climate change is true. And it’s far more serious than past climate changes, because it is happening rapidly.

Human pollution? Erm, no.

Propaganda? You seem to mean the fringe activists who get carried away with themselves.

Oh behave. If they were fringe we would not be wasting trillions of dollars on a green new deal trying to get to net zero etc.

They are the flip side of the climate change deniers who want to do nothing. Trump who wants to increase use of coal.

Shorthand for 'Anthropogenic Climate Change Denier.'

Ok TSwizzle, maybe we are making progress.

1. You acknowledge we are witnessing climate change.
2. You reject human pollution.

Next question in two parts.

A. Do you know what a backyard greenhouse is and how it works?
B. Do you understand the Earth's atmosphere acts like a greenhouse even without pollution?

Again yes no questions.

I acknowledge that earth’s climate is always changing and has natural variations.

I reject that we are in the midst of a climate apocalypse due to human influence. The reason I reject that notion because there is no evidence that proves it. You can bang on about backyard greenhouses all you like but that is not evidence.

You and the rest of the extremists are claiming the planet is fucked and humanity is screwed based on an imperceptible increase in global average temperature. This is nonsense.

co2-graph-083122_scaled_scrunched.jpg

Does this look like a natural variation?

I acknowledge that earth’s climate is always changing and has natural variations.

I reject that we are in the midst of a climate apocalypse due to human influence. The reason I reject that notion because there is no evidence that proves it. You can bang on about backyard greenhouses all you like but that is not evidence.

You and the rest of the extremists are claiming the planet is fucked and humanity is screwed based on an imperceptible increase in global average temperature. This is nonsense.
Answer the question, do you understand how a greenhouse works and that the atmosphere acts like a greenhouse?

What are you afraid of?

So, what natural cycle are we in that is increasing global temperature?

So, what natural cycle are we in that is increasing global temperature?
A galactic earth cycle.
Every 225-245 million years there a hiccup where temperatures suddenly shoot up briefly in a geologic blink of an eye, like a century or two. But don’t worry - it’ll go away in a few million years. It’s perfectly natural! And it always be 78° in Santa Monica. Even when it’s 500 feet underwater.
🫣

Why do you keep using the word 'apocalypse?' We probably do have a climate driven crisis in our future, but even a major crisis is not an 'apocalypse.'

"Dissent"? This word is used for scientists who post argumentation contrary to another's scientific viewpoint.
It's rather vainglorious to apply this word to whimpering memes one is repeating from some stupid corner of Facebook.

... an imperceptible increase in global average temperature. This is nonsense.

"Imperceptible"? Did you ever make that field trip to Edwards Air Force Base?
Do you still need a GoFundMe to get a tankful of gasoline for the trip?

Why not try out another ignorant meme? "At 430 ppm, CO2 is just a trace chemical in the atmosphere."
While you're at it, inform the medical community that 3 ppm of lead in blood is too tiny to worry about.

Ohio is definitely getting more humid. And this was observed back in 2007. And that was back when it wasn't as humid (but more humid than in the past).

Right now, while the arctic is in a heat wave, we enjoyed some old school summer weather. We had a massive rain event in area, which caused a great deal of flooding. Such as every creek was flooding. This came about from one of those massively humid days with the gulf moisture waiting to break somewhere. And this last time, it did where I live. Around a 100 year event. These sorts of storms are more common with all of this gulf moisture.

This obsession with CO2 needs to stop.
I can not tell if you are really this ignorant or you are just stirring up trouble.

Again, do you understand that the atmosphere acts like a greenhouse regardless of human pollution?

Where @TSwizzle loses the plot is with APERIODIC changes. We've posted graphs for him over and over but to no avail. So I'll just throw out a meme word: Hockeystick! Where do you stand on the Hockeystick, Mr. Swiz? Corrupt climatologists scrounging for dimes? Feminist hussies trying to get elected to public office? Gates and Soros looking for more excuses to test their nanobots? Or is your grasp of the math term "periodic" so weak you consider the Hockeystick to be part of a "period"?

This is a sincere question. You brag about your superior knowledge but don't link to the peer-reviewed journals where you get your information.
My standard comparison:

Your swimming pool filter pump (aka, natural cycles) is probably bigger than any garden hose, but it will never cause your pool to flood. Yet the lowly garden hose (what humanity adds to it) certainly can.

Back
Top Bottom