• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Climate Change(d)?

steve_bank

Diabetic retinopathy and poor eyesight. Typos ...
Basic Beliefs
secular-skeptic
Close your eyes and imagine you live in a thin shell of atmosphere around the planet.

Now imagine pumping car exhaust and industrial gases into that thin shell in perpetuity.

Does that make sense at all? Before car exhaust emmisons contols LA was in perpetual smog. Young peole developed lung problems from the pollution.

Advocating doing nothing is absurd. It comes down tp marality. Do yiu enjoy unfteered consumption and pollution at the cost of future generations?

Curtailing air pollution is about health and quality of life if nothing else.

Soone asked hmself where all te fluorocarbons used to pressurize spray cans was going. It led to the discovery of the effect it had on the ozone which protects us from radiation.

It is not just about us, it is about all living things on the planet. If you do not feel that I truly feel sorry for you.

Most people do not realize how much our lives depend on insects. Bees and others for pollination. Ants and worms aerate the soil.

Back when it was dicoved wild and domesticated bees were declining Sean Hannity mocked a govt gramt to study the problem. Obviously Hannity is shallow and ignorant on what his life ultimately depends, the ecosystem. The conservative Chrtian view that god gave them the Earth to consume. I knew a Christian who said when the Erath is consumed god will crete a new on =e for the belivers.

On the contrary the rise in temperature has tbe gotten under control. Intensified storms, droughts, and heat waves are upon us and nothing we do will have any short term effect. Reducing ocean temperature will take a long time.

Mayans collapsed after a few centuries of peak civilization. Cities connects by roads and an interconnect economy. Droughts affects nutrition. They went form a good diet to less nutritious plants. From a documentary eventually the environment could not support the population and peolpe no longer beloved in thhereditray leaders. Remains of dead bodies and weapons were found laying around in some areas indcating violence and a hasty exodus.

The Incas as well. There is evidence that the process used to create their building materials eventually poisoned the farmland and contaminated water supplies.

What we are going thru is not new. What is new is the global scale of pollution.

TSwizzle

Let's Go Brandon!
Basic Beliefs
Atheist
Now imagine pumping car exhaust and industrial gases into that thin shell in perpetuity.
Ah, the old bait and switch. If the argument about climate change flounders, talk about pollution. Yeah, not the same thing.
On the contrary the rise in temperature has tbe gotten under control. Intensified storms, droughts, and heat waves are upon us
No they are not.

steve_bank

Basic Beliefs
secular-skeptic
Ah, the old bait and switch. If the argument about climate change flounders, talk about pollution. Yeah, not the same thing.
On the contrary the rise in temperature has tbe gotten under control. Intensified storms, droughts, and heat waves are upon us
No they are not.
I did a quick search on climate change and terms like cult. Not surprisingly it is dominated by FOX. Hannity, Carlson, and Ingram.

Are you connected to FOX i some way? Are you Sean by any chance?

If clmate activism is a cult, what fo you call conservative Cistian capitalists who stick to an ideologof unlimited consumption of resources even when it has obvious problems? This is not a trick question.

Hardly bait and switch, more like more hand waving on your part ignoring the question. Greenhouse gases are pollution.

Can you see you are living in a finite atmospheric shell into which pollutants including greenhouse gases are continuously pumped? It is obvious and undeniable.

Is this a good thing to do without restraint? This is a yes or no answer.

Please respond with something other than the word cult.

TSwizzle

Let's Go Brandon!
Basic Beliefs
Atheist
If clmate activism is a cult,
“Climate activism” ? Like the morons that let out the air of tires on cars they don’t like or glue themselves to the road? This is the behavior of irrational cultists. It’s a religion to be mocked in the same way as the resurrection of Jesus. An end of times rapture like cult.

TSwizzle

Let's Go Brandon!
Basic Beliefs
Atheist
Also, to me, it increaisngly seems that your short, sneering, content-free posts, always appended by your “rapture-like cult” idiocy, and your refusal to answer my questions, constitute a form of trolling. I will double-check the rules and if indicated, make a complaint to the mods.

I’m pretty sure accusing someone of trolling is against the rules so tread carefully.

Swammerdami

Squadron Leader
Staff member
Basic Beliefs
pseudo-deism
I’m pretty sure accusing someone of trolling is against the rules so tread carefully.

PUBLIC accusations of trolling are against the rules, but Reports made in confidence to Staff are allowed and even encouraged if made in good faith.

I believe general discussions of trolling are permitted. In the sequel I am NOT talking about any particular Infidel, just offering my own understanding of "trolling."

* During the 2010's troll farms became a thriving industry for poor countries, notably Albania. Because of heavy competition from other troll farms, automated troll bots, and actual humans serving as amateur trolls for whatever reason, I don't think trolling is a viable profession now unless one has a big audience (e.g. Alex Jones or Tucker Carlson) or develops and operates automated troll farms.

* Another type of troll derives no economic benefit, but is just amusing himself. This type posts nonsense or talking points found at InfoWars or other extremist websites in hopes of eliciting unfavorable reactions. He or she derives pleasure from seeing angry or time-wasted responses to his or her faked opinions. These trolls usually have an unrelated full-time job; eliciting angry responses on message boards is their hobby.

* Finally, there are some people so stupid and/or ignorant that their posts seem like they must be troll bait, but in fact are just the sincere but deluded blatherings of people enthralled by "charismatic" bullshit from Sean Hannity, MTG, and others of that ilk.

Obviously, no Member of the Internet Infidels Discussion Board fits into any of these three categories.

scombrid

Basic Beliefs
Atheist
Pollution is in the dose and the effect. Nitrogen is plant food. So is phosphorus. So not pollution right? Putting more of it in the environment increases primary productivity. But what happens when waters become so enriched with those from anthropogenic sources that plankton over-grows? We call those them pollution when they wreck lakes, estuaries, and coastal ecosystems. Same thing with CO2 really. If there is enough of it being added to the environment that it is causing problems then it is pollution. The same people that claimed that acid rain from sulfur emissions, ozone degradation from CFCs, and aquatic eutrophication are chicken little scare mongering hoaxes are now claiming the same about warnings about the effects of CO2 enrichment on the environment.

scombrid

Basic Beliefs
Atheist
Kentucky just experienced 1,000 year floods. We in Florida are experiencing the other side of that same weather system. A few days ago the soundings from Central Florida NWS sondes recorded the driest air column on record for late July. Surface dew points were in the high 70s but there was barely 1" of precipitable water in the column because we were under an extraordinarily deep high pressure. Rotating around the periphery of that unmoving mega high was a crap load of moisture since warm air holds more moisture. That moisture gets wrung out somewhere. There are numerous detailed time series studies documenting the increased frequency of heavy rain events in the eastern continental US. It is also well documented that our local average low temperature here in CFL is 4 degrees warmer now than in the whole of the 20th century. Climate is the average of weather and the average weather has shifted; as has the frequency of occurrence of certain types of events and extremes. All changes are consistent with a rapid increase in the heat content of the atmosphere. Can you point to a cause of that other than increased radiative forcing?

Jimmy Higgins

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Calvinistic Atheist
If clmate activism is a cult,
“Climate activism” ? Like the morons that let out the air of tires on cars they don’t like or glue themselves to the road? This is the behavior of irrational cultists. It’s a religion to be mocked in the same way as the resurrection of Jesus. An end of times rapture like cult.
Yeah, meanwhile Public Works and engineers are dealing with the active issues regarding climate change from nuisance flooding, needing to adapt building codes to deal with heat (or cold), more resources to manage heat waves, costs of meandering hurricane related flooding, etc...

This "rapture like cult" actually costs Americans a good deal of money.

steve_bank

Basic Beliefs
secular-skeptic
Also, to me, it increaisngly seems that your short, sneering, content-free posts, always appended by your “rapture-like cult” idiocy, and your refusal to answer my questions, constitute a form of trolling. I will double-check the rules and if indicated, make a complaint to the mods.

I did not accuse you of trolling. I asked if you were connected to FOX which your words seem to align with.

Still hand waving to avoid the question.Trying to clom trolling will not get you off the hook. I got you ny the toe and you are trying to wiggle free.

Is it a good thing to continuously pump pollution into our thin atmospheric shell? Yes or no.

Climate deniers will not likely run their car with garage door closed, yet see nothing in millions of cars putting exhaust into the atmosphere. Cognitive dissonance.

I'd forgotten acid rain. Fish were killed of in lkjes. When I was in New Hampshire in the 80s chemicals were being dumped into lakes to change the ph.

Acid rain is rain or any other form of precipitation that is unusually acidic, meaning that it has elevated levels of hydrogen ions (low pH). Most water, including drinking water, has a neutral pH that exists between 6.5 and 8.5, but acid rain has a pH level lower than this and ranges from 4–5 on average.[1][2] The more acidic the acid rain is, the lower its pH is.[2] Acid rain can have harmful effects on plants, aquatic animals, and infrastructure. Acid rain is caused by emissions of sulphur dioxide and nitrogen oxide, which react with the water molecules in the atmosphere to produce acids.

Acid rain has been shown to have adverse impacts on forests, freshwaters, soils, microbes, insects and aquatic life-forms.[3] In ecosystems, persistent acid rain reduces tree bark durability, leaving flora more susceptible to environmental stressors such as drought, heat/cold and pest infestation. Acid rain is also capable of detrimenting soil composition by stripping it of nutrients such as calcium and magnesium which play a role in plant growth and maintaining healthy soil. In terms of human infrastructure, acid rain also causes paint to peel, corrosion of steel structures such as bridges, and weathering of stone buildings and statues as well as having impacts on human health.[4][5][6][7]

Some governments, including those in Europe and North America, have made efforts since the 1970s to reduce the release of sulfur dioxide and nitrogen oxide into the atmosphere through air pollution regulations. These efforts have had positive results due to the widespread research on acid rain starting in the 1960s and the publicized information on its harmful effects.[8][9] The main source of sulfur and nitrogen compounds that result in acid rain are anthropogenic, but nitrogen oxides can also be produced naturally by lightning strikes and sulphur dioxide is produced by volcanic eruptions.[10]

steve_bank

Basic Beliefs
secular-skeptic

I did not accuse you of trolling. I asked if you were connected to FOX which your words seem to align with.

Still hand waving to avoid the question.Trying to clom trolling will not get you off the hook. I got you ny the toe and you are trying to wiggle free.

Is it a good thing to continuously pump pollution into our thin atmospheric shell? Yes or no.

Climate deniers will not likely run their car with garage door closed, yet see nothing in millions of cars putting exhaust into the atmosphere. Cognitive dissonance.

I'd forgotten acid rain. Fish were killed of in lkjes. When I was in New Hampshire in the 80s chemicals were being dumped into lakes to change the ph.

Acid rain is rain or any other form of precipitation that is unusually acidic, meaning that it has elevated levels of hydrogen ions (low pH). Most water, including drinking water, has a neutral pH that exists between 6.5 and 8.5, but acid rain has a pH level lower than this and ranges from 4–5 on average.[1][2] The more acidic the acid rain is, the lower its pH is.[2] Acid rain can have harmful effects on plants, aquatic animals, and infrastructure. Acid rain is caused by emissions of sulphur dioxide and nitrogen oxide, which react with the water molecules in the atmosphere to produce acids.

Acid rain has been shown to have adverse impacts on forests, freshwaters, soils, microbes, insects and aquatic life-forms.[3] In ecosystems, persistent acid rain reduces tree bark durability, leaving flora more susceptible to environmental stressors such as drought, heat/cold and pest infestation. Acid rain is also capable of detrimenting soil composition by stripping it of nutrients such as calcium and magnesium which play a role in plant growth and maintaining healthy soil. In terms of human infrastructure, acid rain also causes paint to peel, corrosion of steel structures such as bridges, and weathering of stone buildings and statues as well as having impacts on human health.[4][5][6][7]

Some governments, including those in Europe and North America, have made efforts since the 1970s to reduce the release of sulfur dioxide and nitrogen oxide into the atmosphere through air pollution regulations. These efforts have had positive results due to the widespread research on acid rain starting in the 1960s and the publicized information on its harmful effects.[8][9] The main source of sulfur and nitrogen compounds that result in acid rain are anthropogenic, but nitrogen oxides can also be produced naturally by lightning strikes and sulphur dioxide is produced by volcanic eruptions.[10]
Adding that Engalls was the person whofirst used the word cult to describe climate activists.

Loren Pechtel

Super Moderator
Staff member
Basic Beliefs
Atheist
It has certainly happened before. Mayn civilizatin grew, had an economy and a high standrd of living, and suffered a sudden collape. It tok a while,

Eh? It was sudden but took a while? Which was it ?
The collapse was sudden but it took a while to destroy them.

The thing is civilizations that fail are only of note to the archeologist and anthropologists. History is written by those who avoided catastrophe--but nothing says that that was by design rather than luck. There are probably plenty of others out there that failed to avoid catastrophe but didn't leave enough traces for anyone to ever figure out they were there in the first place.

TSwizzle

Let's Go Brandon!
Basic Beliefs
Atheist
We are doomed;

Climate endgame: risk of human extinction ‘dangerously underexplored’
The risk of global societal collapse or human extinction has been “dangerously underexplored”, climate scientists have warned in an analysis. They call such a catastrophe the “climate endgame”.The researchers warn that climate breakdown could exacerbate or trigger other catastrophic risks, such as international wars or infectious disease pandemics, and worsen existing vulnerabilities such as poverty, crop failures and lack of water.

Teh Gruaniad

An end of times, rapture like cult.

steve_bank

Basic Beliefs
secular-skeptic
He still will not say if he thinks pumping car exhaust and coal plant gasses into our finite atmosphere is a good thing.

I imagine itpresents a bit of conumdrum. Few people would actualy say it is a good idea with no consequnces. Some might argue the consequences are not important. What's few deaths from pollution in the grand schene of things.

If twizzle says no it is not a god idea he brings into question for himself and his omniscience his own paradaigm on climate chnage. Like many conservatives sticking to a rigid orthodoxy he woud rather be in denial than change.

As to an ecological catastrophe yes it is possible.

I listened to a ftomt form somebody from the University Of Washington back in the 90s who looked at global lakes. She reported globally lakes were warming. You might think that is inconsequential.

In Lake Washington salmon runs are triggered by temperature. Before warming temperature triggered an algae bloom which triggered a boom in salmon prey. A species of salmon evoved to return at the bloom.

It is not just the lake. Rising temperatures have depleted oxygen in shallows where salmon breed from the PNW to Alaska. The slamon literally suffocate.

Salmon is a major global source of protein.

Rising ocean temperatures are killing coral reefs. The nurseries at the bottom of the ocean food chain. Big fish eat small fish. Bigger fish eat big fish. Tuna are voracious. We eat tuna.

A large part of our oxygen comes from ocean life. If you do not know look up where our oxygen comes from. You might deveop an appreciation for trees.

It is really not that complicated. Our life rests on the bottoms of the food chain in the ecosystem. Corrupt that and our civilization as it is today will diminish.

The word is tipping point. Tipping points can be non linear, meaning it cam happen in a short amount oftime without warning or indications.
mans go extinct? Probably not. If the food chain is seriously interrupted or reduced economies will be affected. Russian blockade of Ukrainian whea is threnng economuc colapse in some places.

Beef production in the south west is seriously affectd by rising temoerature.

Keep repeating the denial mantra if it helps you cope with the reality of it.

Jimmy Higgins

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Calvinistic Atheist
We are doomed;

Climate endgame: risk of human extinction ‘dangerously underexplored’
The risk of global societal collapse or human extinction has been “dangerously underexplored”, climate scientists have warned in an analysis. They call such a catastrophe the “climate endgame”.The researchers warn that climate breakdown could exacerbate or trigger other catastrophic risks, such as international wars or infectious disease pandemics, and worsen existing vulnerabilities such as poverty, crop failures and lack of water.

Teh Gruaniad

They are saying the scenario is under-researched, not that this is a certainty.

steve_bank

Basic Beliefs
secular-skeptic
FOX climate change is a religion for the left.

FOX Hannity climate activists waging war on America

FOX Ingram

Fox News host Laura Ingraham compared Greta Thunberg and other youth climate activists with Stephen King’s “Children of the Corn” on Monday night.

Ingraham drew a parallel between the 16-year-old Swedish activist and other young people leading a movement to combat climate change with the fictional cult depicted in King’s well-known 1977 short story of murderous children who live in cornfields in rural Nebraska.
FOX Ingrahm activists are a cult are a cult.

Fox News host Laura Ingraham compared 16-year-old climate change activist Greta Thunberg to the dangerous religious cult members in Stephen King’s horror tale, “Children of the Corn.”

I think I am seeing a pattern here. Could it be FOX is entirely biased on one side? I am shocked.

I'd say FOX exhibits a cult like religious order. Mono ideological rigid thinking. Non believers are evil.

Jimmy Higgins

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Calvinistic Atheist
Discussion regarding the impact of carbon in the atmosphere causing problems dates back to the 19th century. And the last 50 years has shown the Earth has warmed. And the weather is getting different. And the climate has modified.

But it's all a cult, because disputing data is harder.

bleubird

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
none

Jarhyn

Wizard
Basic Beliefs
Natural Philosophy, Game Theoretic Ethicist
Discussion regarding the impact of carbon in the atmosphere causing problems dates back to the 19th century. And the last 50 years has shown the Earth has warmed. And the weather is getting different. And the climate has modified.

The last line was interesting" centuries "
Interesting only because it was so naive about how much this would accelerate.

bilby

Fair dinkum thinkum
The Sunshine State: The one with Crocs, not Gators
Basic Beliefs
Strong Atheist

The last line was interesting" centuries "
Interesting only because it was so naive about how much this would accelerate.
Nobody prior to the two World Wars could have reasonably predicted the rate of increase in industrial production worldwide that those wars stimulated.

With 1912 levels of fossil fuel use, we would still be centuries away from the current atmospheric carbon dioxide level.

Motorised transport and aeroplanes were both toys for rich kids in 1912; As was domestic electricity.

steve_bank

Basic Beliefs
secular-skeptic
'London Fog' caused by high rates of burning coal. There was speculation in the 19th century on long term effects of air solution.

London always had air pollution problems from coal but this one was the worse.

The industrial revolution was started by improved water pump in mines creating a surplus of coal. The surplus energy led to migration to cites to support jobs needed for growing industries. Industrial and home coal burning.

Local air pollution and water pollution existed form the start and it would not be a great leap to project the future.

Cars led to the growth of cities like La with corresponding air pollution.

steve_bank

Basic Beliefs
secular-skeptic
Looks like twizzle may have been recalled to the mother ship.

bilby

Fair dinkum thinkum
Basic Beliefs
Strong Atheist
'London Fog' caused by high rates of burning coal. There was speculation in the 19th century on long term effects of air solution.

London always had air pollution problems from coal but this one was the worse.

The industrial revolution was started by improved water pump in mines creating a surplus of coal. The surplus energy led to migration to cites to support jobs needed for growing industries. Industrial and home coal burning.

Local air pollution and water pollution existed form the start and it would not be a great leap to project the future.

Cars led to the growth of cities like La with corresponding air pollution.
The immediate pollution issue during the Great Smog wasn't relevant to climate change though - the big killer was Sulphur Dioxide, which actually has a powerful cooling effect on climate - burning a teaspoonful of sulphur has a cooling effect in the short term that cancels the heating effect of burning an entire railway wagon full of coal.

The Sulphur Dioxide doesn't last long in the atmosphere though, as it is highly soluble in water and gets rained out very quickly. Adding SO2 to the stratosphere has been suggested as a geo-engineering approach to combating climate change, but this would require continuous replenishment to be effective, and would likely have other deleterious environmental impacts.

TSwizzle

Let's Go Brandon!
Basic Beliefs
Atheist
This is funny. Generally doomsday preppers are the subject of ridicule bit Teh Gruaniad lionize it when it’s in the name of a “climate apocalypse”;

Change is coming’: Meet the Englishman prepping for climate apocalypse in an old German barracks

At his remote woodland home, Ben Green is trying to stay positive about a collapse of the food supply
Teh Gruaniad

steve_bank

Basic Beliefs
secular-skeptic
This is funny. Generally doomsday preppers are the subject of ridicule bit Teh Gruaniad lionize it when it’s in the name of a “climate apocalypse”;

Change is coming’: Meet the Englishman prepping for climate apocalypse in an old German barracks

At his remote woodland home, Ben Green is trying to stay positive about a collapse of the food supply
Teh Gruaniad

See post 917.

Again do you think endlessly venting auto and industrial polutants into our finite volume of atmosphere is a good thing? The quetion goes to personal honesty.

Jimmy Higgins

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Calvinistic Atheist

Teh Gruaniad

Cult yes. I remember raking leaves in NE Ohio BEFORE election day. Now, I'm raking the leaves in December.

Can't help but think of that "rapture like cult" thinking nothing has changed.

Just had a cluster of 1000-yr exceedance storms. Nothing happening.

atrib

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
Atheist
All the evidence available to us tells us that a certain poster who has been crapping on this thread is not interested in talking about facts and ideas - he is here merely to parrot a certain mantra that is both inflammatory and hilariously uninformed. I wouldn't expect this poster to change his ways and suddenly start making sense any more than I would expect Mr. Trump to suddenly develop the ability to put together complete, coherent sentences when giving speeches. Trying to engage this person in debate is about as futile as trying to get my cat to write poetry.

bilby

Fair dinkum thinkum
Basic Beliefs
Strong Atheist
Trying to engage this person in debate is about as futile as trying to get my cat to write poetry.
My cat has written a heart wrenching and powerful piece on the devastation wrought by China's cultural revolution:

Mao

Mao, Mao.

Mao, Mao, Mao.

Mao.

Of course, for the full emotional impact, it's best viewed as a performance piece, wherein the artist recites her work while standing next to an empty food bowl, symbolising the mass starvation that was engendered by these reforms.

steve_bank

Basic Beliefs
secular-skeptic
I know be a stretch here.

However we do kno there are foreign agents who abuse our free speech seeking to stoke divisions.

TSwizzle

Let's Go Brandon!
Basic Beliefs
Atheist
How else would you describe it if not an end of times cult;

A disaster 'larger than any in world history' is coming for California. It's not an earthquake. A new study says that as the Earth warms, a massive California flood gets more likely — one that would swamp Los Angeles, displace millions and cause historic damage.

USA

A rapture like cult.

In other news, insufferable prick Newsom is likely to defer closing CA nuclear power plant.

TSwizzle

Let's Go Brandon!
Basic Beliefs
Atheist
From the same article;

"Megadrought" may be the main weather concern across the West right now amid the constant threat of wildfires and earthquakes. But a new study warns another crisis is looming in California: "Megafloods."

Mega this, mega that. Megafloods people!!!11!!11!! ffs, who takes this crap seriously? But wait, there’s more;

The study expands upon the 2010 "ArkStorm scenario," which is named after the atmospheric rivers that would fuel the flood – one of biblical proportions. This is the first part of a plan to revisit to that scenario, known as ArkStorm 2.0.

“Ark”, “Biblical proportions”, uh-huh, yup, it’s a religion. An end of times, rapture like cult.

southernhybrid

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
atheist
All the evidence available to us tells us that a certain poster who has been crapping on this thread is not interested in talking about facts and ideas - he is here merely to parrot a certain mantra that is both inflammatory and hilariously uninformed. I wouldn't expect this poster to change his ways and suddenly start making sense any more than I would expect Mr. Trump to suddenly develop the ability to put together complete, coherent sentences when giving speeches. Trying to engage this person in debate is about as futile as trying to get my cat to write poetry.
And, that is exactly why it would be best to skip over such mindless posts that ignore all kinds of evidence, but appear to love receiving what those of us who have lived with parrots, refer to as "drama rewards".

steve_bank

Basic Beliefs
secular-skeptic

A disaster 'larger than any in world history' is coming for California. It's not an earthquake. A new study says that as the Earth warms, a massive California flood gets more likely — one that would swamp Los Angeles, displace millions and cause historic damage.

USA

A rapture like cult.

In other news, insufferable prick Newsom is likely to defer closing CA nuclear power plant.
In other news there are reports that Sean Hannity and Donald Trump had a homosexual relationship. It explains why Trump gave Hannity a private office in the White House. It also exlpains why Trump and his wife had separate bedrooms.

It explains Trump's support. Trump's male followers tend to be latent homosexuals who have a sexual attraction to Trump.

I;m not anti gay, but it appears another case of homophobic conservatives in the closet.

Elixir

Made in America
Basic Beliefs
English is complicated
I;m not anti gay, but it appears another case of homophobic conservatives in the closet.

Closet? I thought it was all out in the open, like the fact that MTG is a she-male in a relationship with Lauren Bobblehead.
Hawley, Gaetz and Trump’s threesome is old news, and of little interest to anyone outside the Meadows/Graham/Cruz circle jerk.
So, wtf do you have your panties in a wad about?

thebeave

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
Atheist

USA

A rapture like cult.

In other news there are reports that Sean Hannity and Donald Trump had a homosexual relationship. It explains why Trump gave Hannity a private office in the White House. It also exlpains why Trump and his wife had separate bedrooms.

It explains Trump's support. Trump's male followers tend to be latent homosexuals who have a sexual attraction to Trump.

Sean Hannity is homophobic? Evidence? Or are you perhaps confusing him with his liberal counterpart on MSNBC, Joy Reid? Don't recall any homophobic evidence evidence regarding Trump either, but feel free to show us what you got.

steve_bank

Basic Beliefs
secular-skeptic

USA

A rapture like cult.

Sean Hannity is homophobic? Evidence? Or are you perhaps confusing him with his liberal counterpart on MSNBC, Joy Reid? Don't recall any homophobic evidence evidence regarding Trump either, but feel free to show us what you got.
Sarcasm directed at what appears to be a believer in FOX rhetoric and the like

Ingraham called the global popularity of the young Greta Thunberg climate activist a cult and mentally ill. FOX actually appologized on this one, a rare occirence.

Tswizzle is simply parroting what Ingraham first coined.

As an independent centrist the right and left can be equally wacky and unrealistic. A critique of Hannity and his lack of ethics and media in general would be off topic and for a political thread.

I will say Hannity new who he who he was promoting in Trump but does it anyway because it makes money for him. Same in general on climate change and FOX. They are not stupid, maybe with a few exceptions. They know the reality of climate chnage yet demonize activisrsand promte fake news related to climnte.

TSwizzle

Let's Go Brandon!
Basic Beliefs
Atheist
Steve, you sound like a child. “Waaaaaahhh Fox News waaaaah”. Why would anyone engage when this is the crap you respond with. You are clueless, absolutely clueless. What I will tell you is that I do not watch Fox News, never have, never will.

steve_bank

Basic Beliefs
secular-skeptic
Steve, you sound like a child. “Waaaaaahhh Fox News waaaaah”. Why would anyone engage when this is the crap you respond with. You are clueless, absolutely clueless. What I will tell you is that I do not watch Fox News, never have, never will.
Weak attempt at turning the tables. FOX followers are a cult, there s no question. If FOX claims climate chnage is a hoax as they have done its cult like followers believe it.

Climate deniers are a cult, espousing fake news and myths not based on , like yourself.

Again a simple question.

Is continuously venting pollutants into our liinited atmosphere a good thing? Ask a conservative polticain climate denier and he or she will do he usual pivot to something else. Like the FOX commentators you know the answer, but will never publcally acknowlede it.

Your simplistic refrain of climate activists as a cult is a cult like repetition. Repeat it enough and you may actually believe it. That is Trunp's paradaugm. Repeat falsehods enou and others belive it. It is a very old tactic, which is what you are doing.

A characteristic of cults is repetition of simplistic mindless meaningless slogans to create a group identity. Cults usually find an enemy or antaginist to focus on enhancing group identity, us versus them.

Trump's make America great again slogan. Your cult claims.

TSwizzle

Let's Go Brandon!
Basic Beliefs
Atheist
Weak attempt at turning the tables. FOX followers are a cult, there s no question. If FOX claims climate chnage is a hoax as they have done its cult like followers believe it.
I’m not attempting to turn tables. You’re howling at the moon fella. You’re banging on about Fox. You’re arguing with yourself, carry on.

steve_bank

Basic Beliefs
secular-skeptic
I’m not attempting to turn tables. You’re howling at the moon fella. You’re banging on about Fox. You’re arguing with yourself, carry on.
I learned politics in the corporate tech world. There is nothing you can throw out that I have not seen before. Condescension and patronization is water off a duck's back. Cherry picking references to make a point is obvious. Ad hominum attacks on climate change activists and not actually debating facts is blatant.

What I don't understand entirely is why you keep repeating the same cult claim, what do you think you will accomplish? Or are you just being a gadfly sticking it to those cultist activists?

Answer the question I asked. You are doing the political pivot to avoid answering a question.

TSwizzle

Let's Go Brandon!
Basic Beliefs
Atheist
Oh ffs;

"Mother earth gets angry from time to time". Science baby!!

A cult, an end of times rapture like cult.

steve_bank

Basic Beliefs
secular-skeptic
Oh ffs;

"Mother earth gets angry from time to time". Science baby!!

A cult, an end of times rapture like cult.

I know it ptobably mkes yu feel good. What do you think you are foing to accomplish with your posts? Obviiusly no one here takes you seriously.

More ad hom attacks on climate activists.

I will make yiu a deal. You say whether or not you think streming pollution into the air is a good thing or not and I will look at one of your link and respond to it.

steve_bank

Basic Beliefs
secular-skeptic
The book Dune comes to mind. Extreme water conservation.

Thw development of the SW to where it is today was probaly always a house of cards.

CNN)An extraordinary drought in the West is drying up the Colorado River and draining the nation's largest reservoirs -- Lake Mead and Lake Powell. And amid the overuse of the river and the aridification of the region, the federal government is preparing to make mandatory water cuts and asking states to devise a plan to save the river basin.
Two major announcements could come Tuesday. The first is a forecast from the US Bureau of Reclamation that could trigger the first-ever Tier 2 water shortage for the Lower Colorado River Basin. The second is the bureau's next step in its demand that the seven states in the river basin come up with a way to voluntarily cut up to 25% of their water usage, or the federal government will do it for them.

Entsminger said other stakeholders that are hesitant to give up their water allotments need to accept a new reality: The river is running dry, and sacrifices must be made.
"It doesn't matter what can be agreed to because there's only so much water, and mother nature will figure this out at some point," he said. "At some point, there's just not water in the river channel."
The federal government has not often stepped in and taken control of water management plans from the states, but it has the authority to do so in the Lower Colorado River Basin -- which includes Arizona, southern Nevada and southern California. And experts told CNN the threat of federal action is something states will respond to.

Elixir

Made in America
Basic Beliefs
English is complicated
“the threat of federal action is something states will respond to”

Ya sure ya betcha. What are they going to do? Create more water? Firebomb federal buildings? Cry long and loudly in a really really shrill voice?

I’d bet on the last one.

TSwizzle

Let's Go Brandon!
Basic Beliefs
Atheist
The book Dune comes to mind.

I vaguely remember the book or film. But in any event, planet earth is 70% (something like that) covered with water. The only reason Dune comes to your mind is because you are addicted to climate catastrophe porn.

Politesse

Lux Aeterna
Basic Beliefs
Jedi Wayseeker
The book Dune comes to mind.

I vaguely remember the book or film. But in any event, planet earth is 70% (something like that) covered with water. The only reason Dune comes to your mind is because you are addicted to climate catastrophe porn.
If you remembered the book in more detail, you'd recall that Dune wasn't always a desert planet (nor did it continue to be as the series went on). Chemical interactions matter.

Top Bottom