• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Collapsed Condo

I give Miami another 2 centuries
View attachment 34421

You're much more optimistic than I am.
I don't give civilization much chance of lasting throughout the 2000's.
Tom

People have been predicting the end of the world and collapse of civilisation for at least the last six thousand years.

Civilisations certainly have collapsed in the past; But not civilisation in general. Humans are resilient. Having to abandon a few cities here and there isn't going to be fun, but it won't end civilisation.

View attachment 34421

Tom

People have been predicting the end of the world and collapse of civilisation for at least the last six thousand years.

Civilisations certainly have collapsed in the past; But not civilisation in general. Humans are resilient. Having to abandon a few cities here and there isn't going to be fun, but it won't end civilisation.

True.

But the human race didn't use to have a population of 8 billion, the internet, nuclear(and worse) weapons, toxic environmental conditions, a rapidly changing climate, and a degraded biosphere to contend with.

Now we do. And we're little better able to deal with those challenges than EuroColonialists or the Africans who sold them African slaves.

Humans have always resolved issues with war. It's built into our mental processes. We're not that different from the ancients.
Tom

View attachment 34421

Tom

I'm in probably the best place in the world to get through the climate "apocalypse". Right in the middle of the largest bodies of fresh water in the world.

Suck it, bitches. :D

View attachment 34421

Tom

I didn't say it would be the end of the world. I said it would be the end of Miami. Gosh

Edit: Sorry, saw you are replying to TomC. Shame on me :)

Back
Top Bottom