• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Come Hell or High Water: You go, Milo!

What event of his was cancelled?
One earlier in the year (I think Feb. but not certain of the month). Google for his itinerary if you really want to know his schedule.
And so what makes you think that this lawsuit has anything to do with his recent speech occurring?
Because UC Berkeley has been in high gear with their PR since the lawsuit.

What event was cancelled matters because you seem to think they discriminated against him then. But I have found nothing to suggest he had anything scheduled earlier. He did speak there in 2016.

I think Berkeley got trolled.

Called it: UC Berkeley’s ‘Free Speech Week’ officially canceled, appeared to be set-up from the start

Email suggests organizers didn’t intend for the event to happen

In an email chain obtained by the Bay Area News Group, Lucian Wintrich, one of the supposed speakers, told UC Berkeley spokesman Dan Mogulof Saturday morning that the event had been merely an attention grab from the start.

“It was known that they didn’t intend to actually go through with it last week, and completely decided on Wednesday,” Wintrich wrote.

“Wait, whoah, hold on a second,” wrote a clearly surprised Mogulof. “What, exactly, are you saying? What were you told by MILO Inc? Was it a set-up from the get-go?”

“Yes,” Wintrich, a writer for the right-wing blog The Gateway Pundit, responded.

While a lawyer for the Berkeley Patriot, Marguerite Melo, insisted that Wintrich was wrong and the group had been “fully prepared” to move forward, school officials said the group missed a host of deadlines to secure indoor venues such as Zellerbach Hall for the speakers.

A number of speakers, including conservative firebrand Ann Coulter, backed out amid the chaos. Others who were listed as attendees said they’d never had any intention of appearing.

During his own news conference on Facebook Live on Saturday, Yiannopoulos acknowledged that he had included at least one speaker just to “troll” him.

Let's see how many people actually change their opinions now that facts have come out.

Let's see how many people actually change their opinions now that facts have come out.

It's totally ridiculous that universities have to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars to prevent violence during a speech. This means that free speech will soon become unaffordable.

I'm not sure that the administrative facts surrounding cancellations etc are out at this point. Appearing to and seemingly so are not actual facts. Perhaps Milo was attracting attention now matter what the facts are. He'd definitely admit he was Whoring up for attention.

It's totally ridiculous that universities have to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars to prevent violence during a speech. This means that free speech will soon become unaffordable.

I'm not sure that the administrative facts surrounding cancellations etc are out at this point. Appearing to and seemingly so are not actual facts. Perhaps Milo was attracting attention now matter what the facts are. He'd definitely admit he was Whoring up for attention.

Milo is a fraudulent charlatan. This much is already obvious. It is entirely in line with his character to pull off a pathetic and desperate attention-seeking charade like this.

Milo is a fraudulent charlatan. This much is already obvious. It is entirely in line with his character to pull off a pathetic and desperate attention-seeking charade like this.

Your probably right, at least he admits he's an attention seeker.

The national Fraternal Order of Police sides on police-side, authoritarian and conservative all the time by endorsing such legislation. This past presidential election cycle they endorsed Trump and have 330,000 members. In a poll of over 50K random police officers across the country, well over 80% said they would vote for Trump. One must wonder why anyone would be dubious that police are authoritarian or conservative. The only semblance they have of leftish-ness is their labor unions, but again, their issue-based fraternity endorses conservative legislation. In return, many right-wing politicians exempt police and fire fighters from other collective bargaining restrictions they enact in their legislation. So, for example, they get treated differently than teachers.

If someone was to make an actual thread of real substance over a real issue, that would be it--how teachers are treated differently than police by the government because of right-wing politics.

It cracked me up because you said the police are "generally right wing and authoritarian." Lemme splain:

1) The police have, and are in, authority. They are required, by virtue of what they DO, to be authoritarian. Hence the tremendous laughter.

2) My giddiness was increased when I noticed "right-wing". I thought to myself, The Left has been just as, if not more, authoritarian than the right, in recent centuries. Ya think Lennon and Stalin weren't authoritarian? Ya think the nutballs lopping off heads during the French Revolution were not authoritarian? And how about Mao Zedong? Ya think he might have been a wee tad authoritarian?

Hence the tremendous bouts of laughter.

The national Fraternal Order of Police sides on police-side, authoritarian and conservative all the time by endorsing such legislation. This past presidential election cycle they endorsed Trump and have 330,000 members. In a poll of over 50K random police officers across the country, well over 80% said they would vote for Trump. One must wonder why anyone would be dubious that police are authoritarian or conservative. The only semblance they have of leftish-ness is their labor unions, but again, their issue-based fraternity endorses conservative legislation. In return, many right-wing politicians exempt police and fire fighters from other collective bargaining restrictions they enact in their legislation. So, for example, they get treated differently than teachers.

If someone was to make an actual thread of real substance over a real issue, that would be it--how teachers are treated differently than police by the government because of right-wing politics.

It cracked me up because you said the police are "generally right wing and authoritarian." Lemme splain:

1) The police have, and are in, authority. They are required, by virtue of what they DO, to be authoritarian. Hence the tremendous laughter.

2) My giddiness was increased when I noticed "right-wing". I thought to myself, The Left has been just as, if not more, authoritarian than the right, in recent centuries. Ya think Lennon and Stalin weren't authoritarian? Ya think the nutballs lopping off heads during the French Revolution were not authoritarian? And how about Mao Zedong? Ya think he might have been a wee tad authoritarian?

Whether or not someone like Mao was authoritarian has no bearing on right-wing authoritarianism in the US. So, your laughing comes across more like irrational cackling or worse, the point hit home and you don't know what to do about it. I even notice that in your response, you haven't addressed that police are right-wing authoritarian. Why is that?

Whether or not someone like Mao was authoritarian has no bearing on right-wing authoritarianism in the US. So, your laughing comes across more like irrational cackling or worse, the point hit home and you don't know what to do about it. I even notice that in your response, you haven't addressed that police are right-wing authoritarian. Why is that?

Actually the relationship is that extremists are authoritarian. Education in a Marxist or Nazi state teaches the individual how best to serve the state. Of course the Utra-left will deny this and call disparate views hate speech. The Nazi state will regard opposed views as hate against the Fatherland. One extreme is the flip side of the other.

I notice no one is actually addressing the issue here and conceding the whole thing was a lie to expand the right-wing movement...

I notice no one is actually addressing the issue here and conceding the whole thing was a lie to expand the right-wing movement...

Oh I think this was addressed plenty. It happened because Milo is a liar, and a fraud who (Thank fucking Christ for this one) is quickly losing his weight in our political spectrum. I hope he goes back to londontown and fucks off from the US forever.

The regressives feed Milo. Milo wouldn't exist without their SJW tears to drink, or would at least be much smaller. He doesnt have much actual substance and would fade away without the outrage machine propping him up.

The regressives feed Milo. Milo wouldn't exist without their SJW tears to drink, or would at least be much smaller. He doesnt have much actual substance and would fade away without the outrage machine propping him up.

So then you're not going to concede it was a lie.

Oh I think this was addressed plenty. It happened because Milo is a liar, and a fraud who (Thank fucking Christ for this one) is quickly losing his weight in our political spectrum. I hope he goes back to londontown and fucks off from the US forever.

I am probably missing something but did Milo have any actual "weight". I am not sure what you mean by weight anyway but still, what difference does it make ? In the grand scheme of things, he's irrelevant.

So then you're not going to concede it was a lie.
I think you misunderstand. Milo does feed on the SJW tears of the right and people like Jolly Penguin.

I am probably missing something but did Milo have any actual "weight". I am not sure what you mean by weight anyway but still, what difference does it make ? In the grand scheme of things, he's irrelevant.

His only relevance is the regressives making him relevant with their threats of violence and crybulling. He would fade away without it. The only reason this event got any traction at all (whether or not it was a ruse by Milo; I don't pretend to know one way or the other) is because Berkley has become notorious for having gone from a staunch supporter of free speech years ago to an enemy of it and staunch supporter of "safe spaces" today. University should not be an intellectual "safe space". It is not a home. And diversity of thought is as valuable as diversity of skin colour.

His only relevance is the regressives making him relevant with their threats of violence and crybulling. He would fade away without it. The only reason this event got any traction at all (whether or not it was a ruse by Milo; I don't pretend to know one way or the other) is because Berkley has become notorious for having gone from a staunch supporter of free speech years ago to an enemy of it and staunch supporter of "safe spaces" today. University should not be an intellectual "safe space". It is not a home. And diversity of thought is as valuable as diversity of skin colour.

I agree that Milo benefits from the overreaction he gets. But what has Berkeley done against free speech?

you haven't addressed that police are right-wing authoritarian. Why is that?

The police are paid to do a job. They are neither right wing or left wing. How and why is it that you do not know that?

you haven't addressed that police are right-wing authoritarian. Why is that?

The police are paid to do a job. They are neither right wing or left wing. How and why is it that you do not know that?
When people exercise discretion while doing their job, they often use their ideology and preferences in making their choice. Why is it you do not know that?

Back
Top Bottom