• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Comey and Rogers's testimony today (March 20, 2017)

The major difference is we don't know if Trump broke the law like Nixon had. We seem to have a decent suspicion that somebody in his campaign did, but until the investigation is over, we don't know what Intelligence exists against the campaign. And Nixon was iced by the coverup. There is no coverup yet, for the Russia investigation that we know. I think the level of bravado and narcissism made them think they weren't being watched when in discussions with Russians that were being watched.

And that is the whole basis of Trump saying he was spied on. No, you fuckwad, the Europeans weren't spying on you, they were spying on the Russians and your people were working with them.

The massive denial followed by the "wire's tapped" tweet smoke-bomb is equivalent to a cover-up. If not that, than the repeated and continuing attempts by his administration to discredit news sources (other than his tweets) represents intent to MASSIVELY cover EVERYTHING up.

OJ Simpson comes to mind.

Man, it really is taking him a long time to put on those gloves. And Mark Furham is a jerk. Maybe OJ didn't do it.

Actually, the OJ case is a really good analogy. You have some celebrity that becomes the focal point of a political division, and the trial isn't about the murder, it is two political sides fighting it out.
The trial wasn't about the evidence. Which is what Trump wants to do. Nothing has to do with anything that can be tangibly demonstrated. It is about the narrative. And creating a story that people who already want to be sympathetic to believe. He has long since won over his faithful that'll march straight into hell with him. So he needs to accomplish what the Republicans accomplished in '09 and '10 to create the false narrative about Obama, the ACA, and "widespread" distaste of Obama's "overreach".

That was a hard sell for the RNC, but they were able to pull it off. It will be harder for Trump, however, Trump has one thing going for him, exhaustion of lies and propensity of the public to fall for false equivalencies.

The major difference is we don't know if Trump broke the law like Nixon had. We seem to have a decent suspicion that somebody in his campaign did, but until the investigation is over, we don't know what Intelligence exists against the campaign. And Nixon was iced by the coverup. There is no coverup yet, for the Russia investigation that we know. I think the level of bravado and narcissism made them think they weren't being watched when in discussions with Russians that were being watched.

And that is the whole basis of Trump saying he was spied on. No, you fuckwad, the Europeans weren't spying on you, they were spying on the Russians and your people were working with them.
The massive denial followed by the "wire's tapped" tweet smoke-bomb is equivalent to a cover-up.
The 'cover-up' is illegal, only if Trump knows they need to cover something big up.
If not that, than the repeated and continuing attempts by his administration to discredit news sources (other than his tweets) represents intent to MASSIVELY cover EVERYTHING up.
Well, all of that has been Republican 101 for a while. Lets not forget Rumsfeld being upset about all of the reporting of violence and deaths instead of the schools being built in Iraq.
I'm waiting for the military coupe.

Later,
ElectEngr
That will not happen unless Trump orders some radical and unsupported by Congress massive military strike.

a young, attractive, rich, girl "borrows" her fathers Porsche and takes it by herself on a joyride. She collided with a toll booth at high speed and was killed instantly. A State Trooper took extremely graphic pictures of the accident, and of the deceased driver, which leaked onto the internet. The pictures were (are) horrifically graphic, as the girl's head was nearly cut in half from top to bottom. to this day, you can easily find pictures of her before the accident, and after, mangled in the car. It is heartwrenchingly awful. The family had been trying to get the pictures taken off all internet sites... since 2006... to no avail, obviously.

Jimmy Higgins said:
That will not happen unless Trump orders some radical and unsupported by Congress massive military strike.

I guess "he of the micro schwanzstucker" would have to go all "Capt Queeg" on TV first. :) :-D :cool:

Later,
ElectEngr

To be fair, that isn't Trump but whomever runs Trump's Presidential Twitter account (Trump not capable of posting snippets of video!). Trump still uses his private account.

OK. Thanks for the correction. I don't follow Twitter so miss the nuances.

No matter who is in charge of the account, CNN thinks that it is an attempt by the Trump administration to imply that Obama was behind the leaks. This despite Comey saying that no one should jump to conclusions because he says he cannot comment on a particular aspect of the investigation.

Hmmm...a "Breaking News" ribbon that was on CNN.com for a short period said that the republicans were focusing on finding the identities of the whistle blower(s) who leaked to the press about the Russian investigation. (Fox News right now would have you thing that that is the only thing coming out of the hearing.) Still can't admit that it is time to abandon ship.

Yeah, the real entertainment is yet to come. We'll see who lines up to walk the plank behind Trump and who tries to steal a lifeboat...

Unbelievable! Trump is live-tweeting anything slightly positive sounding for him during the hearing. The fool has no idea how bad this is for him. (His main message is of course that the evil leaks are the real news here.)

"LEAKS!" doesn't have the power of "BENGHAZIMAILS!" because there is no arch-villain to associate with them.

OK. Thanks for the correction. I don't follow Twitter so miss the nuances.

No matter who is in charge of the account, CNN thinks that it is an attempt by the Trump administration to imply that Obama was behind the leaks. This despite Comey saying that no one should jump to conclusions because he says he cannot comment on a particular aspect of the investigation.
The big one is trying to suggest that the Russians didn't change the outcome of the election because they didn't alter votes. Bait and switch.

I do wonder if the President's official account matters though. IE, how many middle of the road idiots pay attention to that?

I do wonder if the President's official account matters though. IE, how many middle of the road idiots pay attention to that?

Which is the real question about America. The dittoheads who support Trump believe everything he tells them and the ones with an IQ higher than 100 dismiss everything he says as lies as a matter of course. There's all the other millions, though, who may or may not pay attention to what he says and give it some credence. I would hope that they don't, but they're kind of stupid, so who can tell?

a) This is yuge because the level of suspicion for this investigation to even happen has to be much larger than normally required for an investigation. Investigating a political campaign can not be something that'd be done with little behind it.

b) We already know that "wire tap" can mean anything, therefore Trump hasn't been proven wrong. ;)

c) Here is an interesting thing, didn't "ask". Doesn't say they didn't intercept.

This entire administration is in trouble.

- - - Updated - - -

If you don't drop the investigation I'll replace you with someone who will.
And that'd take us beyond Watergate.

Watergate?

A distant speck in the rear view mirror.

Highly doubtful, seeing as one of Trump's strongest constituencies is the military.
ANd i hope he takes it for granted... Because he could alienate all of them very easily.
THey're not exactly fickle, but when they realize how fickle HE is... They could turn on him real ugly.

So we have known about "The Five Eyes" for a long time. I put the odds at 1% that Obama used that loophole to spy on Trump, because he would have torched him by finding a way to leak any info gathered. Sort of like a cop sneaking into a house without a warrant and finding the murder weapon with the suspect's fingerprints and placing it into a neutral location.

Five Eyes is what Andrew Napolitano claimed he had a source from about wiretapping Trump.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Five_Eyes#Domestic_espionage_sharing_controversy

So we have known about "The Five Eyes" for a long time. I put the odds at 1% that Obama used that loophole to spy on Trump, because he would have torched him by finding a way to leak any info gathered. Sort of like a cop sneaking into a house without a warrant and finding the murder weapon with the suspect's fingerprints and placing it into a neutral location.

Five Eyes is what Andrew Napolitano claimed he had a source from about wiretapping Trump.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Five_Eyes#Domestic_espionage_sharing_controversy
For fuck sakes! Europe has been and was running surveillance on Russians. The Trump campaign started talking with the people that are being surveilled. The information received from the Europeans became so damning, a FISA warrant was sought and awarded.

Trump's campaign had no idea that most in the Western Hemisphere view their political ally (Russia) as some bad hombres. They have no idea that there is a record of contact and maybe even recordings of the meetings or calls.

They were jacking off behind a bush that a lot of other people were standing behind.

Back
Top Bottom