• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Comey and Rogers's testimony today (March 20, 2017)

Unbelievable! Trump is live-tweeting anything slightly positive sounding for him during the hearing. The fool has no idea how bad this is for him. (His main message is of course that the evil leaks are the real news here.)

I was listening to the hearing live when he made that Tweet. It was brought up during the hearing. Basically, The FBI Director was asked if the Tweet was accurate. He said, "It does not represent what I have stated here".

So, basically, Trump was called out as a liar, publically, in realtime, during the hearing.

Exactly. President Liar. There just has to be a tipping point for at least some decent percent of the Trumpanzees. It has to dawn on them eventually that their former hero is delusional and deceitful. If it's true that his approval level has dipped since last week to about 37%, this could be the start of an irreversible slide. Popularity may go up or down based on a particular policy or financial report, but the perception that one is a con man is close to permanent. Figure what would happen if his approvals went down to the low 30s and stayed there indefinitely -- how the power dynamic between SCROTUS and Congress and SCROTUS and the Dems would change.
Trumpanzees, your hero has lied to you from the start. Every 'Believe me!' could have told you that. I love how Spicer is also talking like a practiced, oily liar now -- didn't we notice how 'wire tapped' was in quotation marks? ...don't we know that Trump is just referencing what Fox news experts said first? ...don't we know that AM radio made all these claims first?

Exactly. President Liar. There just has to be a tipping point for at least some decent percent of the Trumpanzees. It has to dawn on them eventually that their former hero is delusional and deceitful. If it's true that his approval level has dipped since last week to about 37%, this could be the start of an irreversible slide.
No, it doesn't. Dictators had their followers and these people want to follow an alt-right dictator. During the campaign, we learned there really isn't any reason they could support him other than, they wanted to support him. It is pure Cult of Personality.

So the question is when does the "moderate" stupid down the middle of the road voter start thinking 'this guy is fucking nuts!'?

How do so many people not see what Trump is doing? It's like catching a bank robber in cartoonish style, red-handed with "loot bag" in hand, ski mask, and every other stereotypical "no brainer" case, and then agreeing with his defense that the REAL problem are those men in blue tattle-telling on people. THAT's the crime.
OJ Simpson comes to mind.

Man, it really is taking him a long time to put on those gloves. And Mark Furham is a jerk. Maybe OJ didn't do it.

'The gloves' episode was the single dumbest thing a prosecutor has ever done in any court. Hand evidence over to the defense to freely put on whatever show with it they wanted. It would have been better for them to just ignore that evidence, as neutral, rather than taking the positive evidence and letting defense trivially turn it into a negative.

OJ Simpson comes to mind.

Man, it really is taking him a long time to put on those gloves. And Mark Furham is a jerk. Maybe OJ didn't do it.

'The gloves' episode was the single dumbest thing a prosecutor has ever done in any court. Hand evidence over to the defense to freely put on whatever show with it they wanted. It would have been better for them to just ignore that evidence, as neutral, rather than taking the positive evidence and letting defense trivially turn it into a negative.

Here's another series recommendation: The People vs. OJ Simpson: American Crime Story is now on Netflix. It really shows you what was going on with the prosecution.

So the question is when does the "moderate" stupid down the middle of the road voter start thinking 'this guy is fucking nuts!'?

I don't believe that the typical trumpsucker has the kind of insight to ever realize that (they haven't by now, QED). I expect the pivotal moment to be when a few of them realize they are much worse off monetarily than they were before, and that Cheato's practices are the reason. Even then, they'll be singing the tune of "Oh well, he tried..."

More importantly, when does the "moderate" Republican Congressman start thinking 'it isn't worth getting in bed with this guy simply to stay in power'?

If we wait for the voters to come to their senses we can't do anything about it for four years.

More importantly, when does the "moderate" Republican Congressman start thinking 'it isn't worth getting in bed with this guy simply to stay in power'?

If we wait for the voters to come to their senses we can't do anything about it for four years.

I believe Il Doughbag made some remarks about "Second Amendment people"...just sayin'...:eek: :D: :grin:

Later,
ElectEngr

I expect the pivotal moment to be when a few of them realize they are much worse off monetarily than they were before, and that Cheato's practices are the reason.
It's GOT to be tempting for the Democrats to just abstain from voting, let the crap go through with only Republican support, so they can't possibly blame the democrats for the results.

Then get pictures of the faces of the GOP members who were counting on the Democrats to stop the stupid...

I expect the pivotal moment to be when a few of them realize they are much worse off monetarily than they were before, and that Cheato's practices are the reason.
It's GOT to be tempting for the Democrats to just abstain from voting, let the crap go through with only Republican support, so they can't possibly blame the democrats for the results.

Then get pictures of the faces of the GOP members who were counting on the Democrats to stop the stupid...

The Democrats could draw lots to see who gets to call in sick that day.

The social media aspect of all this is very interesting. Thousands of bots and trolls, flooding social media (Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, etc.). Aggravating the divide between Hillary and Bernie. Supporting Trump and attacking Hillary. A swarm of them, spreading memes that link back to Infowars.com and Breitbart to name of few. Twitter bots attacking pro-Hillary accounts en masse. Fake Facebook pages from Albania and Macedonia. The scope and planning of this is impressive. Russia's relatively new MO is to use information warfare tactics 4 to 1 as compared to traditional warfare, and to use it all the time, even during periods of peace. (Link is a PDF download. It is clean according to VirusTotal.)

Again, the Republican response to all of this is plain out horrid, to my mind, even traitorous. I don't use that word lightly. In fact, I don't think I've ever used it before. This crop of fucks in no way should be governing our nation.

I agree with that. It's tempting, but many of them don't want to be pegged in retrospect as having failed to oppose Cheato's agenda.

Back
Top Bottom