• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Consequences of Trump's Low Approval Numbers

I suspect he will not resign in large part because it affords him some cover from the various investigations underway. Also his big ego won't let him admit he is a failure as president.

I don't know. I'm reminded of a Simpsons' episode back in the 90s when they were doing George Bush. He was reading from his autobiography and finished up by saying "... and therefore, having accomplished everything I wanted to do in a single term, I didn't see the need to try and get elected for a second one".

Trump has the ability to be as completely revisionist as he wants. I can totally see him saying something along the lines of "Washington is SO broken that even as President, I couldn't effect the kinds of changes which are needed from inside the system as I'll be able to do from outside it. Therefore, even though I have been, without question, the most popular, successful and effective President in history, I am resigning the post so that the American people can be lucky enough to benefit from my leadership where I'll be able to do the best work".

If it gets his finger off of the nuclear trigger one minute sooner, I'd be good with everyone agreeing with him and giving him a victory parade out of town.

I suspect he will not resign in large part because it affords him some cover from the various investigations underway. Also his big ego won't let him admit he is a failure as president.

He will never resign. His ego will never allow it.

Our best hope is that he drops dead of a massive heart attack... tomorrow

NO! Then the Cause will have a martyr. Plus the conspiracy theories! Hillary had him assassiminated out of spite for losing! Obama had him assassimafated for doing better at the job! Goldman Sachs had him assassified for making plans to stop taking their instructions!
The Libtards assissified him for daring to speak the truth!

I really want to see him tried and convicted.

Believe it or not, I was watching him walk up the steps to AF1 and chanting "heart attack, heart attack, heart attack...".

Back
Top Bottom