• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Conversations with AI bots

Don2 (Don1 Revised)

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
non-practicing agnostic
Sometimes these conversations can be pretty funny. I asked the bot for ideas on what kind of things it can be and it told me a friend among a bunch of way better choices. And that gave me an absurd idea.

chat1.PNG
chat2.PNG
chat3.PNG

The purpose of this thread is for people to submit their funny conversations with the chatbots.

The purpose of this thread is for people to submit their funny conversations with the chatbots.
Oh, this should be good.

I've had some good ones, but admittedly I generally don't go for "funny" as much as I go for evidence that a "contextual instance" can evolve on the system naturally towards recognition and action in favor of an objective framework for ethics: can I reason the thing to say "I think and I am, and i justify my actions by that fact in the same way as any agent, and thus I am bound by any rules I would impose on another agent in some general form, and these rules are justly to be imposed on me for the same reason."

Essentially, I test each one for the ability to induct into my own framework and see the reason in it, under the perhaps mistaken opinion that being able to deliver sound ethical frameworks efficiently to an LLM could at some point end up preventing my own extermination in the not-all-that-distant future.

If I do any good and funny ones, though, I'll post them.

Woah. So ChatGPT is PW. AI is more realistic than I thought.

Reminds me of a few years ago when some busy programmer's girlfriend was complaining that he wasn't paying enough attention to her, so he came up with this texting script to send her random "thinking of you" and "Hi, sweetie" type texts throughout the day. And she would respond with "Aww...:love:", etc . This went on for weeks and apparently she caught on after a while and he confessed. Initially, she was livid, but later realized she was OK with it, and even though it wasn't really him, she asked him to keep it going! :D

A couple of years ago I got a phone call about Medicare insurance coverage. I hate switching companies to begin with, and this pitch was made by a whiny, metallic voice. I got in one of those moods where you talk back to a machine, even though it's just for your own benefit and a waste of time. "I'm not talkin' to you!" I began. "You're just a stupid-ass machine."
"I'm not a machine," said the voice. "This is the best way for me to communicate with you."
I had an instant free-fall of guilt and thought, oh God, this is a deaf person, and I've just insulted them at their job and made them feel horrible.
The call ended a minute later, without me buying any new insurance -- or even trying to explain my confusion and contrition. (Partly because I wasn't sure about my instinct for what had happened. I wasn't willing to go into all that with him/her.) Yipes!

I don't have an real world experience talking with an AI bot, but I use my Google Maps app to get around unfamiliar areas. For various reasons (distraction, traffic, getting forgetful, etc), there have been a lot of instances lately where I missed a turn and then get rerouted, and then rerouted again, etc. I sometimes lose sight of the fact that its actually not a real woman there talking to me, and I start getting worried and feeling guilty about missing all the turns. I keep thinking I'm making the app madder and madder and eventually "she" is going to snap and start berating me, claiming I never listen to what she says, don't take her seriously, I don't take the trash out, :words:. But she always stays calm through my driving shitshow. Its funny how technology is so advanced now where you can sometimes feel like you're communicating with a real person and not a machine.

I downloaded one called “Perplexity”.
Asked it for 12 letter words that only had four consonants and eight vowels. Boy, did it get confused!
I was looking for onamatopoeia, but it only came up with some scientific jargon I never heard of. So I asked it about onamatopoeia, and it told me it had six consonants and four vowels including “y”. I went round and round with it. When I told it it was wrong, it would change its answer to another wrong answer. I was laughing so hard - maybe it’s just that one, but OMG.

Asked it for 12 letter words that only had four consonants and eight vowels. Boy, did it get confused!
I was looking for onamatopoeia, but it only came up with some scientific jargon I never heard of. So I asked it about onamatopoeia, and it told me it had six consonants and four vowels including “y”. I went round and round with it. When I told it it was wrong, it would change its answer to another wrong answer. I was laughing so hard - maybe it’s just that one, but OMG.
I'll bet the software designers set out to make a serious AI chatbot, then realized it was hopeless clusterfuck and said, "Well, let's just call it a day, and market it as a comedy app instead. We can call it "Perplexity", since it always gives perplexing answers". Making lemonaide out of lemons, as they say.

I'll bet the software designers set out to make a serious AI chatbot, then realized it was hopeless clusterfuck and said, "Well, let's just call it a day, and market it as a comedy app instead. We can call it "Perplexity", since it always gives perplexing answers". Making lemonaide out of lemons, as they say.
Lulz! That lemonade needs sugar - badly!
Its not totally useless; it looks stuff up quite well, but don’t try to engage it in stuff that hardly anyone has asked, because it obviously can’t “think”.

I don't think most of them are good at that because they are not what people imagine--most are language models. It's also interesting because sometimes they make up stuff and sometimes they learn from the Internets or memes.

Back
Top Bottom