• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Covid-19 miscellany

When does this shit end?

FCuZvf5XoAQEQGR

Trausti, near every time you post in this thread it's a self-own. Care to explain what is wrong with any of those stories. Did you even read one?
Right. Makes it hard to keep a working irony meter. "Does this shit never end?" Really? Lack of self awareness and all...

These antivaxers are going to wreck the economy, causing shortages and are then are going to blame Biden for the mess that they perpetuate.

I was just down at the grocery with my son to get our flu shots. Despite the local requirement that all people indoors a public place wear a mask about 10% were not. I can't help but view them as people who are perfectly happy to risk killing someone else.

I've mentioned all around this place that I'm still waiting on my wife to get home from Canada where she has not been able to get her vaccination. She's been taking care of and finding a nursing home for her 94 year old mother. It finally looks like she can come home this weekend and get her shots started. But she won't be fully vaccinated by Thanksgiving.

I've mentioned that my daughter's boyfriend refuses to get vaccinated. My daughter thinks it's unreasonable that the boyfriend is not invited inside the house for Thanksgiving. He feels excluded.

I tell my daughter that if he's going to make stupid choices that there are consequences for stupid choices. But he's infecting her thinking. She's now talking as if the boyfriend and I just have different opinions on vaccination. Sorry but my belief that vaccination in necessary is based on evidence and facts. His choice not to get vaccinated is based on multiple falsehoods like that Pfizer or Maderna can give him Covid.

He voted for Trump. He probably thinks that Biden is to blame for the global energy shortage. It's the pandemic, stupid! I've never had much tolerance for morons.

I've mentioned all around this place that I'm still waiting on my wife to get home from Canada where she has not been able to get her vaccination. She's been taking care of and finding a nursing home for her 94 year old mother. It finally looks like she can come home this weekend and get her shots started. But she won't be fully vaccinated by Thanksgiving.

You've been waiting a very long time now. I'd be suspicious that she has left you if I were you. :wink: (wink emoji doesn't seem to work)

I've mentioned that my daughter's boyfriend refuses to get vaccinated. My daughter thinks it's unreasonable that the boyfriend is not invited inside the house for Thanksgiving. He feels excluded.

What difference does it make to you whether he is vaccinated or not? I don't understand this obsession you have with him having to be vaccinated.

I am not obsessed. I am concerned what he's doing to our family. The difference TS is that my daughter is starting to think that we are being unreasonable for not inviting an unvaccinated person into our home. She seems to think that we should risk my wife's health which we are not willing to do.

I am not obsessed. I am concerned what he's doing to our family. The difference TS is that my daughter is starting to think that we are being unreasonable for not inviting an unvaccinated person into our home. She seems to think that we should risk my wife's health which we are not willing to do.
You are obsessed, you bang on about this lad almost everyday. He's not getting vaccinated, why don't you just accept that and get on with your life. But again, in what possible way is an unvaccinated person a greater threat to your wife's health than a vaccinated person? Do you not understand that vaccinated people can contract and therefore transmit the virus?

You are obsessed, you bang on about this lad almost everyday. He's not getting vaccinated, why don't you just accept that and get on with your life. But again, in what possible way is an unvaccinated person a greater threat to your wife's health than a vaccinated person? Do you not understand that vaccinated people can contract and therefore transmit the virus?
Have you actually been to the link in the CDC chart several posts up? Here it is again. I suggest you study it. https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#rates-by-vaccine-status

When this BF is driving a wedge between me and my daughter because of his idiotic notions I am concerned.

Have you actually been to the link in the CDC chart several posts up? Here it is again. I suggest you study it. https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#rates-by-vaccine-status

Doesn't really address my point.

When this BF is driving a wedge between me and my daughter because of his idiotic notions I am concerned.

I think it's a wedge of your own creation in my opinion but I'll leave it there.

I think it's a wedge of your own creation in my opinion but I'll leave it there.
It's obvious that the CDC data addresses my point.

It's not my own creation when my daughter tells me she thinks it's not fair that we are unwilling to have an unvaccinated person in the house.

I don't see how it does. Care to explain?

Do you condone DUI on the grounds that sober people can also cause crashes?

Because if you don't you're a hypocrite, and if you do you're a fuckwit.

CF, I think your daughter should try harder.
This isn’t rocket surgery. That guy is bad news.

He really is a very nice guy. All would be fine if he didn't have this irrational, moronic attitude on Covid-19 vaccination. And I'm not unsympathetic that my daughter is stuck in the middle but she doesn't read the news and is being increasingly exposed to disinformation. She is living with him and his republican family because it' a 10 minute drive to work or a 75 minute drive to work.

The company he works for is over 15,000 employees. I hope OSHA will solve this problem.

While COVID still rages, anti-vaccine activists will gather for a big conference

The coronavirus pandemic continues to claim thousands of lives a week — mostly people who aren't vaccinated. But that's not stopping a major gathering of anti-vaccine advocates and conspiracy theorists in Nashville, Tenn., this weekend.

The event is being orchestrated by Tennessee couple Ty and Charlene Bollinger. They have been labeled as some of the nation's biggest vaccine misinformation superspreaders.

"If we're superspreaders, we're superspreaders of the truth," Charlene Bollinger says. "We have countless testimonies of people that are alive today because of our work, and this is straight from heaven. God has put us on this Earth for such a time as this."
The Bollingers got their start by promoting unproven alternatives to chemotherapy. Then they cashed in on their DVDs that push falsehoods about vaccines.

"Right here in Tennessee, now we've got Candace Owens, we've got Ben Shapiro, Tomi Lahren," she says. "A lot of local freedom fighters."
The event's lineup will reflect those political views and feature Donald Trump's son Eric and longtime Trump adviser Roger Stone.
The outcome of this should be interesting.

He really is a very nice guy. All would be fine if he didn't have this irrational, moronic attitude on Covid-19 vaccination. And I'm not unsympathetic that my daughter is stuck in the middle but she doesn't read the news and is being increasingly exposed to disinformation. She is living with him and his republican family because it' a 10 minute drive to work or a 75 minute drive to work.

The company he works for is over 15,000 employees. I hope OSHA will solve this problem.
My former veterinarian has a daughter who is - or rather, was - such a bright light. Graduated nursing school and was headed for a brilliant career. Then met, and quickly married a Trumpsucker. The family she married into is like it’s own little sub-cult. My former vet and her husband elected to turn Trumpy rather than lose their daughter. Full boat anti-vax, demonizing the demoncrats among which they were recently numbered... Now they have lost all their friends and are fully immersed in the Big Lie fantasy and all it entails.
I admit that I don’t understand it whatsoever, but caution that entertaining trumpsuckers because of an offspring’s infatuation can and will wreck a family.
ETA: they say he's a really nice guy, too. I have never met him but his pictures reveal the same vacant stare I've seen in the eyes of cultists of many stripes, only this time there's guns.

please do. . .

I don't see how it does. Care to explain?
oh, wait, you didn't leave it there.

My former veterinarian has a daughter who is - or rather, was - such a bright light. Graduated nursing school and was headed for a brilliant career. Then met, and quickly married a Trumpsucker. The family she married into is like it’s own little sub-cult. My former vet and her husband elected to turn Trumpy rather than lose their daughter. Full boat anti-vax, demonizing the demoncrats among which they were recently numbered... Now they have lost all their friends and are fully immersed in the Big Lie fantasy and all it entails.
I admit that I don’t understand it whatsoever, but caution that entertaining trumpsuckers because of an offspring’s infatuation can and will wreck a family.
ETA: they say he's a really nice guy, too. I have never met him but his pictures reveal the same vacant stare I've seen in the eyes of cultists of many stripes, only this time there's guns.
I know there is the possibility of her getting sucked into a Trumper delusion. But it's not like I can forbid my daughter to see him. I wouldn't try unless I saw something really dangerous happening.

The family does believe that Biden won for what it's worth.

There really is zero chance my wife or I getting sucked into a delusion.

Back
Top Bottom