• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Covid-19 miscellany

It’s hard to take this seriously. Biden promised he’d end the virus but it’s one failure after another. The VP said their administration didn’t anticipate the variants. These are some stupid fucking people.

Seriously? Anti-vax and anti-mask idiots are the real issue. Like the Republicans and right wing flame throwers. Anyone who knows anything about how the last year+ went knows that it's the fucking idiots who refused to be responsible messed it up.
Well yes; But if they say it wasn't loudly enough and often enough, then it will stop being true and they will be off the hook.

It’s hard to take this seriously. Biden promised he’d end the virus but it’s one failure after another. The VP said their administration didn’t anticipate the variants. These are some stupid fucking people.

Seriously? Anti-vax and anti-mask idiots are the real issue. Like the Republicans and right wing flame throwers. Anyone who knows anything about how the last year+ went knows that it's the fucking idiots who refused to be responsible messed it up.
Well yes; But if they say it wasn't loudly enough and often enough, then it will stop being true and they will be off the hook.

One big lie after the next is the strategy.

Neil Young posted a since-deleted letter to his management team and record label demanding that they remove his music from Spotify. “I am doing this because Spotify is spreading fake information about vaccines – potentially causing death to those who believe the disinformation being spread by them,” he wrote. “Please act on this immediately today and keep me informed of the time schedule.”

“I want you to let Spotify know immediately TODAY that I want all my music off their platform,” he continued. “They can have [Joe] Rogan or Young. Not both.” Young is referencing the steady stream of misinformation about vaccines that Joe Rogan has peddled on The Joe Rogan Experience. Last month, 270 doctors, physicians, and science educators signed an open letter asking Spotify to stop spreading Rogan’s baseless claims.
In a world of Eric Claptons, be a Neil Young.

Gottlieb is not a partisan.
The Government spent a shitload of money to help create conditions that would incentivize pharma companies to develop vaccinations to prevent/reduce harm of the virus. The other issues were failures of the Trump Admin to not get real mask production through the roof, which Biden is finally doing with test kits and masks, providing a large demand to get production up.

Tell it to your orange colored glasses echo chamber where the idiot sociopath plague rat former president is worshipped, by the same people as in the red segment below, and making us the remedial classroom of the planet, because of said worship of said idiot plague rat.

Vax-Global.jpg

Biden promised he’d end the virus but it’s one failure after another.

FFjSVDMXwAkCRfb

The Government spent a shitload of money to help create conditions that would incentivize pharma companies to develop vaccinations to prevent/reduce harm of the virus. The other issues were failures of the Trump Admin to not get real mask production through the roof, which Biden is finally doing with test kits and masks, providing a large demand to get production up.

Meanwhile in Parallel Universe H928, Trausti complains about billions wasted on masks and testing for variants that never came to exist and the prediction of them was nothing but fear mongering.

Oh for fuck's sake, if comparing humans to rats isn't dehumanising then fuck nothing could be. This is fucking ridiculous.

Didn’t the Nazis portray the Jews as rats?

I can see where things are headed.
OMG yes, it will be even worse than Anne Frank had it.
That is web board idiot talk or something Alex Jones would say! Now this stuff is nudging towards quasi-mainstream legitimate. Our nation appears to be in a nose dive.

More bad news for the authoritarians;

A New York judge has struck down the state's mask mandate one week before it was due to expire, ruling the governor did not have authority to impose the rule without approval from the state legislature. The mandate was reintroduced by Governor Kathy Hochul in December 2021, but state legislators had ruled in March that New York was no longer under a state of emergency, limiting her and the health commissioner's powers. This meant the new measures forcing New Yorkers to wear masks in all indoor spaces, which carried fines of up to $1,000 for those who did not comply, were unenforceable and are now void, Judge Thomas Rademaker has ruled.

Hochul, a Democrat, vowed to fight back, saying in a statement: 'We strongly disagree with this ruling, and we are pursuing every option to reverse this immediately.' 'My responsibility as Governor is to protect New Yorkers throughout this public health crisis, and these measures help prevent the spread of COVID-19 and save lives,' Hochul said.

Daily Mail

Hochul said with a complete lack of evidence.

Here's a question: why do you oppose the government kidnapping her citizens and physically forcing the COVID-19 jab on them?
Hyperbole much? This is why it's impossible to take you seriously.
I'm not sure i completely oppose that.
Maybe not kidnapping, no. Some people really do have valid reasons to avoid or delay the jab. Some are willing to take the necessary steps (mask, distancing, quarantine) to not be a threat to others, to take responsibility for their vector status.

But people flashing forged vaccine cards? I'd support holding them down and vaccinating them. Stamp 'JVs.M" on their foreheads, stab 'em in the arms, issue a real vax card. And a lollipop. And a court summons to a clinic for the second shot. And another lollipop.

Why are you continuing to apologize for those who resist scientifically supported measures to stop the virus from killing a bunch of our friends, or even ourselves?
Why do you frame everything dishonestly and then expect me to take the bait?

Here's a question: why do you oppose the government kidnapping her citizens and physically forcing the COVID-19 jab on them?
*spit take*

Since July 1, 2021, 250,000 Americans have died, likely most of them needlessly, because they weren't vax'd.

A quarter million Americans died... needlessly. And your question is asking whether a shot is just too much liberty lost.

Here's the place where I share with you (again) that my former lab, which during the time I worked there, employed approximately 50 people and which for the bulk of the past 2 years has run shifts 24/7, many of my former coworkers working overtime, routinely, has over the past few months ADDED 150 (ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY) lab techs to perform in lab COVID19 testing. NONE of these have any direct patient contact--they do not collect samples.

NOTE: My former employer is a large medical facility which has many, many specialized labs. My former lab is only one of several who are performing COVID 19 testing.

FFS people: Do you not understand the serious medical crisis we (as in, the entire world) is facing? Or the fall out as businesses all over the US (and I would presume other countries) struggle to hire people to cover shifts, drive trucks, load/unload, etc. I'm feeling extremely fortunate to live in a small town in flyover country because things are better here than elsewhere.

Seriously? Anti-vax and anti-mask idiots are the real issue. Like the Republicans and right wing flame throwers.

Not really. It has been pointed out to you many times now that vaccinated people do contract and spread this virus. There is zero evidence that masks have done anything to "stop/slow the spread". This irrational hatred you have of "the other" is about politics.

Anyone who knows anything about how the last year+ went knows that it's the fucking idiots who refused to be responsible messed it up.

The pandemic is over, it's time to lift all mandates, they have been a failure.

Why are you continuing to apologize for those who resist scientifically supported measures to stop the virus from killing a bunch of our friends, or even ourselves?
Why do you frame everything dishonestly and then expect me to take the bait?

*spit take*

Since July 1, 2021, 250,000 Americans have died, likely most of them needlessly, because they weren't vax'd.

A quarter million Americans died... needlessly. And your question is asking whether a shot is just too much liberty lost.
I expect that seeing others being asked to take a shot is just too many "lulzcows" lost to maintain their "lulzmilk" addiction.

Seriously? Anti-vax and anti-mask idiots are the real issue. Like the Republicans and right wing flame throwers.

Not really. It has been pointed out to you many times now that vaccinated people do contract and spread this virus. There is zero evidence that masks have done anything to "stop/slow the spread". This irrational hatred you have of "the other" is about politics.

Anyone who knows anything about how the last year+ went knows that it's the fucking idiots who refused to be responsible messed it up.

The pandemic is over, it's time to lift all mandates, they have been a failure.
TSwizzle is bored or at least uncomfortable so let's just pretend that people we know and love are not actually dead or hospitalized and might die. Anything but TSwizzle being bored and uncomfortable!!!

TSwizzle is bored or at least uncomfortable so let's just pretend that people we know and love are not actually dead or hospitalized and might die. Anything but TSwizzle being bored and uncomfortable!!!

At least I'm not pretending that these mandates we've had for the past TWO YEARS are "slowing/stopping the spread".

Two years this has been going on. I remember it was "two weeks to flatten the curve". LOL.

At least I'm not pretending that these mandates we've had for the past TWO YEARS are "slowing/stopping the spread".
You are materially contributing, and actively so, to any lack of efficacy.

You are as obvious as a libertarian in a government office trying to disable said office.

I guess the deliverable here is that we have not been strict enough as a society in leveraging conformity to well demonstrated requirements for surviving and eradicating viruses

Back
Top Bottom