• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

CPAC - the Coup Continues

Most people really are nuts, it isn't very hard to see. They're just not nuts enough to end up in a psych ward.

If our species wasn't actually nuts we wouldn't create so many problems.

I long ago accepted the peace and freedom that comes with this realization, though the reality of the situation often gives pause and concern.

Reactions: WAB
As usual, Trump was projecting when he referred to Biden as the president who had the worst first 30 days in office. Biden's ratings are already much higher than Trump's ever were during his entire presidency. These people have no ideas or policy positions. It's all about the cult of Trump. I don't believe that Trump will run in 2024. He's just grifting again to take advantage of all the little people who will send him money that he can than use inappropriately. Trump is also doing this shit for attention. Narcissists have to have attention. It's what they live for. Trump is obviously a very sick man, but his cultists don't see that.

And, OMG! What's going on with Cruz! Supposedly, he and some of the other idiots were pretending to talk about the little people and criticizing the Democrats for being elitists. I guess all those degrees from the so called ivy league schools that these idiots have obtained make them just like the little people who they pretend to support, when in reality they only want to give tax cuts to the upper crust.

I've always thought that schools like Harvard etc. were very over rated. Cruz and Hawley are evidence that you can get a degree from an ivy league school and still be an idiot.

Most people really are nuts, it isn't very hard to see. They're just not nuts enough to end up in a psych ward.
i have tried to make a scale, from ‘able to escape detection’ through 'really weird poetry' and ‘throwing excrement at the TV’ to ‘making plans to harvest the neighbor’s flesh as a doorway to a higher plane of existence.’

Fact checking Trump's CPAC speech - CNNPolitics - "Fact check: Trump delivers lie-filled CPAC speech"
Former President Donald Trump returned to the public stage on Sunday with a familiar kind of Trump speech -- a speech filled with debunked lies.

Trump repeated various versions of his usual lie that he won the 2020 election. He said that Democrats "just lost the White House," said that "it's not possible" that he lost, said "no" after asking the rhetorical question "did Biden win?" and said another election win in the future would be his "third."

"(T)ens of millions of ballots. Where are they coming from? They're coming from all over the place." He then claimed that "dead people are voting."

Trump repeated the claim that some nefarious vote-dumping occurred in the earlier hours of the morning after the election.
"What happened at 3:02 in the morning?" Trump asked the CPAC audience.

"We have a little problem adjusting in Detroit, we seem to have more votes than we have people. A lot more votes. An election changing number," Trump said.

Trump also claimed that "in Pennsylvania, they had hundreds of thousands of more votes than they had people voting."

"In one of his first official acts -- which was incredible, because again, he talked about energy, he never said he was going to do this -- he canceled the Keystone pipeline," Trump said.

Trump claimed Biden reversed his stance on fracking between the primary and the general election, stating, "During the primary, 'no fracking.' As soon as he got through that, he said 'no, of course, everybody can frack.'"

Trump said: "Your family still can't go out to eat at local restaurants, but Joe Biden is bringing in thousands upon thousands of refugees from all over the world. People that nobody knows anything about. We don't have crime records. We don't have health records."

Trump called for children to return to school "immediately," then said, "The only reason most parents do not have that choice is because Joe Biden sold out America's children to the teachers unions." He said Biden is "cruelly keeping our children locked in their homes."

Trump claimed that "no president has ever lost an election after carrying Florida, Ohio and Iowa."

Trump repeated an old false claim about Honduras, Guatemala and El Salvador, saying that before he took office, those countries were "refusing to take back illegal alien gang members, including MS-13." He added soon after: "We'd fly 'em in, they wouldn't let the plane land. We'd bus 'em in, they wouldn't let the buses get anywhere near the border."

"Iraq: remember I used to say don't go in, but if you're gonna go in, keep the oil. Well, we went in and we didn't keep the oil," he said.

Trump repeated a familiar claim about how, before he took office, China "never gave us 10 cents," but then, under him, the US took in "hundreds of billions" from China because of his tariffs.

"We used to lose $504 billion trade deficit with China...not million; $504 million is a lot...now take $504 million, make it $504 billion; we had deficits with China," he said.

Trump said, "Not one American soldier has been killed in Afghanistan in over a year."
Seems like Ted Cruz was right that Trump is a pathological liar. But that was before he became a full-on Trumpie.

I've always thought that schools like Harvard etc. were very over rated. Cruz and Hawley are evidence that you can get a degree from an ivy league school and still be an idiot.
I would have to disagree regarding Cruz (Don't know enough about Hawley). I think he is a smart calculating cockroach, that lusts for power. Now fellow Texan, Louie Gohmert, is probably an idiot who believes the BS he spews.

i have tried to make a scale, from ‘able to escape detection’ through 'really weird poetry' and ‘throwing excrement at the TV’ to ‘making plans to harvest the neighbor’s flesh as a doorway to a higher plane of existence.’
Devil's Advocate
Forgot they were devil's advocate
Obfuscater
Denialist
True believer
Madness

I would have to disagree regarding Cruz (Don't know enough about Hawley). I think he is a smart calculating cockroach, that lusts for power.

Smart? for a cockroach maybe.

Trump’s false or misleading claims total 30,573 over 4 years - The Washington Post
and
How The Washington Post Fact Checker tracked Trump?s false and misleading claims during his presidency - The Washington Post - "Trump made 30,573 false or misleading claims as president. Nearly half came in his final year."
Over time, Trump unleashed his falsehoods with increasing frequency and ferocity, often by the scores in a single campaign speech or tweetstorm. What began as a relative trickle of misrepresentations, including 10 on his first day and five on the second, built into a torrent through Trump’s final days as he frenetically spread wild theories that the coronavirus pandemic would disappear “like a miracle” and that the presidential election had been stolen — the claim that inspired Trump supporters to attack Congress on Jan. 6 and prompted his second impeachment.
The longer Trump was president the more frequently he made false or misleading claims - Washington Post - a timeline of Trump's reign of error

Tracking all of President Trump’s false or misleading claims - Washington Post
Trump's maximum number of claims was 2020 Nov 2, the day before the election that year, with 503 claims.

His most-repeated claims:
  • 493: “We also built the greatest economy in the history of the world…Powered by these policies, we built the greatest economy in the history of the world.”
  • 296: “We also got tax cuts, the largest tax cut and reform in the history of our country, by far.”
  • 258: “Mexico is sadly experiencing very big CoronaVirus problems, and now California, get this, doesn't want people coming over the Southern Border. A Classic! They are sooo lucky that I am their President. Border is very tight and the Wall is rapidly being built!”
  • 250: “What we've done has been amazing by any standard. We rebuilt the United States military.”
  • 250: “I've been involved in the two greatest scams in American history, the Russian hoax and now they are trying to steal an election from us.”
  • 248: “We imposed historic and monumental tariffs on China….Billions and billions of dollars were pouring into the U.S.”
  • 217: “Our beautiful vets, they were very badly treated before we came along. And, as you know, we get them great service and we pick up the bill, and they can go out and they can see a doctor if they have to wait long periods of time.”
  • 204: “Our opponents want open borders, open borders.”

I would have to disagree regarding Cruz (Don't know enough about Hawley). I think he is a smart calculating cockroach, that lusts for power.

The guy has argued in front of SCOTUS. He isn't an idiot, he has an agenda, he has no moral code, but he isn't an idiot.

Everybody remember, this Thursday is the day Trump resumes his presidency.

The guy has argued in front of SCOTUS. He isn't an idiot, he has an agenda, he has no moral code, but he isn't an idiot.

Okay, so what’s the word for an idiot who excels within academia?
It is rare for idiots to get in front of SCOTUS and present arguments. Yes, you might not be a genius, but it is hard for an idiot to make it that far. Cruz's issue is his willingness to abandon any sort of morality for his ambition. That is what makes this guy dangerous.

Usually, one musn't blame nefarious motives when ignorance works as well, but on the hand, there are cases where an opponent shouldn't be underestimated for being stupid when they simply don't give regards to morality.

It is rare for idiots to get in front of SCOTUS and present arguments. Yes, you might not be a genius, but it is hard for an idiot to make it that far. Cruz's issue is his willingness to abandon any sort of morality for his ambition. That is what makes this guy dangerous.

Usually, one musn't blame nefarious motives when ignorance works as well, but on the hand, there are cases where an opponent shouldn't be underestimated for being stupid when they simply don't give regards to morality.

No argument there, but the question persists. What’s the word? Something to do with depravity I think.

Well yeah - a lot of thought went into that, obviously.

View attachment 32099
So, couple years ago, Nike pulled a new shoe line, that was already shipped to stores, on the possibility that the imagery was co-opted by white nationalisrs. Major effort, major impact on profits, to avoid the possibility of appearing to endorse those people.
CPAC never even rearranged the stage. It's all coincidence, not our fault, you're to critical.... and the rune stayed.
Stunning differences in reactions.

No argument there, but the question persists. What’s the word? Something to do with depravity I think.

A sophist is someone who makes good points about an issue — until you realize those points aren't entirely true, like a political candidate who twists an opponent's words or gives misleading facts during a speech.

or

A sophist is someone who makes good points about an issue — until you realize those points aren't entirely true, like a political candidate who twists an opponent's words or gives misleading facts during a speech.

or

Oh goodness no. That'd be way too kind a description for Cruz.

The word is 'sociopath', as previously mentioned.

Oh goodness no. That'd be way too kind a description for Cruz.

The word is 'sociopath', as previously mentioned.

Sociopath: a person with a psychopathic personality whose behavior is antisocial, often criminal, and who lacks a sense of moral responsibility or social conscience.

Sorry. Nothing there about being idiots or academic ability.

[FBVIDEO]<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?height=476&href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FOccupyDemocrats%2Fvideos%2F341902830455654%2F&show_text=false&width=476" width="476" height="476" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="true" allow="autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>[/FBVIDEO]..

Back
Top Bottom