• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Creationists are trying to figure out the skin color of Adam and Eve

Of course, the most prominent historical imagery of Adam and Eve shows them as both fair-skinned.
Well, white authors working for white patrons made white characters.

There's an Italian painting of Hercules fighting the Ethiopian 'pygmies.' The Hero resembles an Italian Duke while the pygmies resemble the Italians in the Duke's duchy, rather than thumb-sized Africans.

Historical art doesn't necessarily mean historical squat.

As this commentary reads, it is unequivocal in claiming that all of the children from a couple will have skin colors lighter than the darkest parent’s skin color. Tracing this reasoning back to Adam and Eve, it would then suggest that either Adam or Eve had a skin color darker than the darkest human skin color that current exists anywhere on the planet.

Their skin was so black, light couldn't escape from it.

As this commentary reads, it is unequivocal in claiming that all of the children from a couple will have skin colors lighter than the darkest parent’s skin color. Tracing this reasoning back to Adam and Eve, it would then suggest that either Adam or Eve had a skin color darker than the darkest human skin color that current exists anywhere on the planet.

Their skin was so black, light couldn't escape from it.
Why would Yahweh the Great make them that color? I think they were originally white, then Yahweh turned them black after the fall.

Of course they were white, black skin is a result of the Fall.

It's hard to tell the skin color of Adam and Eve, since they had fur all over. Wilma, Wicca and Huckleberry agree, they didn't 'woof' or 'meow' so they couldn't have been people. They were probably forest chimps.

Eldarion Lathria

Of course they were white, black skin is a result of the Fall.
I thought black skin was the result of Ham seeing his dad drunk and naked? That's what the racist fundies tell me.
Kane was marked for his sin. Caleb was marked for his dad seeing his grandfather sloppy drunk. But it doesn't specify that the 'mark' was being made 'black.' That was a later interpretation that aided and rationalized slavery.

The only place that specifically says being black was a punishment was the Book of Mormon.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friend...rying-to-figure-out-adam-and-eves-skin-color/

Should I have put this in the humor forum? This crap is too funny for words.

i believe adam and eve were black

black people came from adam and eve

and chinese people came from black people

and white people came from chinese people

and blonde hair people came from white people

and blue eye people came from blonde hair people

And mahoggians came from pigs. And worship the boar, Mahog.

Eldarion Lathria

And THAT was the point i lost any sort of interest, knowing that Syed will never, ever manage to support this belief with any sort of evidence.....
so what you believe?
That the evolution of humanity took quite a bit more than 6000 years. So all conclusions based on that or similar assumptions are pretty much hosed from the get go.

Well, there is actual evidence that strongly supports a model indicating that current homo sapiens bottlenecked somewhere around 90,000 - 200,000 years ago in East Africa. There is no reason to assume that the last common paternal ancestor of humans ever boinked the last common maternal ancestor.

So if I were going to "believe" something I think it makes sense to start with something that has evidentiary support rather than just pulling a bunch of uneducated speculation out of one's ass.

I thought black skin was the result of Ham seeing his dad drunk and naked? That's what the racist fundies tell me.
Kane was marked for his sin. Caleb was marked for his dad seeing his grandfather sloppy drunk. But it doesn't specify that the 'mark' was being made 'black.' That was a later interpretation that aided and rationalized slavery.

The only place that specifically says being black was a punishment was the Book of Mormon.

It's obvious the "mark" meant black because the bible said all the descendants would be the slaves of their brothers or something like that. Canaanites come from Africa DUH [/racist]

I've really heard stupid shit like this and they weren't Mormons.

I've really heard stupid shit like this and they weren't Mormons.
Oh, yeah. Lots of people KNOW what's in the bible and it tells them what they want to know. They know Canaan was black because he just was. They also know that god doesn't want interracial marriage because of a verse that prohibits having a slave wife who doesn't keep Kosher cooking your food. And they know there are 9 circles of Hell, and who's in each, though that was from Dantes Fanfic.

But THe Books still doesn't say that's where blacks come from.

Umm… I don’t think the author of that piece realizes that skin color depends on much more than a single gene… or even multiple genes. Sure, genetics plays a role… but so does geography and exposure to UV radiation and other factors..
Links go to sources that seem to make it all about genes. You really should not correct bad science using more bad science. Good science. 86% of skin color variations by age 12 is due to genetics, though the heritability decreases with age (adults are more likely to tan their skin and so on). Skin color really is overwhelmingly about genetics, and there is nothing wrong with saying so. Maybe those creationists should be appreciated for treating the biology of human races more seriously than their ridiculors.

First, they tell us that geology, physics, biology, etc., are all a bunch of made up nonsense, and further that all of science is suspect because of methodological naturalism, and now they want to use science to "prove" an attribute of two individuals whose existence they can't possibly prove?

The whole thing is so absurd that I hardly know where to begin.

Back
Top Bottom