• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Creationists are trying to figure out the skin color of Adam and Eve

Well, there is actual evidence that strongly supports a model indicating that current homo sapiens bottlenecked somewhere around 90,000 - 200,000 years ago in East Africa. There is no reason to assume that the last common paternal ancestor of humans ever boinked the last common maternal ancestor.

So if I were going to "believe" something I think it makes sense to start with something that has evidentiary support rather than just pulling a bunch of uneducated speculation out of one's ass.

Things that are pulled out of people's arses are brown. The 'Adam and Eve' story is clearly pulled out of someone's arse. Therefore Adam and Eve were brown. QED.

Well, they've already decided that Adam and Woman had perfect perfect DNA so that their intermarrying kids didn't become Inbred Mutants.
And they've said that mutations can only remove information, not add it.

So if all the DNA that makes us white and black and yellow and red and brown and striped came from Adam and Woman, maybe there was an overriding DNA sequence that made them Very White. And that sequence was lost due to sin and the mutations of their offspring. Now we're simply white, and no one is Very White any more.
I mean, the science involved here is

FS[SA-SR]

SA: Real science we accept
SR: Real science we reject
FS: Fantasy we wish was Science

So anything could be true.

Back
Top Bottom