• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Daddy’s Boy

Never mind, Koy. I grew up reading newspapers. Front to back, including comics and obituaries. I don't think people read newspapers like that any more, at least not many do by habit. No biggie if you feel like there's more awareness of more stories than I do - we are each, to some extent, subject to opinions formed from our own experience. I miss Cronkite-type newscasts, where a number of stories were presented with a minimum of embedded opinion.

I wholeheartedly agree. What I still can't figure out, however, is what any of that has to do with my OP.

But you will not convince me that the quality and quantity of story coverage has not changed.

Nor have I been trying to. Are you saying that the piece on Trump's father's taxes was poorly written or something? I still don't know what point you were trying to make. Seriously. It's not a dig. I seriously do not understand what it is you are talking about in relation to my having posted the NYT piece.

Some of it very recent due to Cheato's talent for creating so many messes at a time that no medium is up to the task. But it has been changing for a long time.

Ok, but, again, what has that to do with my posting an in-depth, extremely well written/researched (imo) piece on Trump's father's taxes and how Trump has never actually done anything, it was all his father's doing, making Trump look like a prodigy when in fact he never was?

That's how this thread started and then it got derailed into some bizarre sophistry about the article somehow taking focus away from Kavanaugh and then not taking focus away from Kavanaugh and then to this stuff about how Trump is deliberately deploying a media flak battery that you feel it can't keep up with.

So you can understand my genuine confusion.

what has that to do with my posting an in-depth, extremely well written/researched (imo) piece on Trump's father's taxes and how Trump has never actually done anything, it was all his father's doing, making Trump look like a prodigy when in fact he never was?

I applaud your posting that here, lament the lack of attention it is getting and am struggling to identify one of the factors contributing to that lack of attention. That's all. No deep meaning, just an assertion that the contours of American consciousness have changed, and not for the better.

what has that to do with my posting an in-depth, extremely well written/researched (imo) piece on Trump's father's taxes and how Trump has never actually done anything, it was all his father's doing, making Trump look like a prodigy when in fact he never was?

I applaud your posting that here, lament the lack of attention it is getting and am struggling to identify one of the factors contributing to that lack of attention. That's all. No deep meaning, just an assertion that the contours of American consciousness have changed, and not for the better.

Ahh. Ok, fair enough. My apologies for not picking that up sooner.

Back
Top Bottom