• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Derail from Political Rant Funny Images II

I know how some people get off on violent imagery against women and girls, but does an image of a uterus apparently having been ripped out of a tiny girl need to be posted here? It doesn't matter if it's a painting and not a photograph. You really have no reaction to that except to laugh?

I know how some people get off on violent imagery against women and girls, but does an image of a uterus apparently having been ripped out of a tiny girl need to be posted here? It doesn't matter if it's a painting and not a photograph. You really have no reaction to that except to laugh?
Note the flag of Texas on the elephant's shirt. I think it's brilliant.

I saw every bit of it. I get that it's about how the GOP controls women. That imagery is not funny, though. I mean, just take a few minutes to look at it and think about how women might feel when they see such imagery, and also check your own feelings as you do.

I saw every bit of it. I get that it's about how the GOP controls women. That imagery is not funny, though. I mean, just take a few minutes to look at it and think about how women might feel when they see such imagery, and also check your own feelings as you do.
I’m fine with it being deleted. I don’t wish to offend

I’m fine with it being deleted. I don’t wish to offend
Offend isn't really the right word, though it is offensive, too.

Humor being a defense mechanism, the more we need to defend, the more effective the humor.
Yeah, i laughed.

Texas is still reprehensible. People are going to die because of their legislation. Actually die, not cartoon die. So being upset at cartoon 'violence' may be a bit off point.

Might have been better as a map from a gerrymandering style? Grey's anatonmy, showing male torso, with organs, compared to female torso and organs with TEXAS shown where the uterus used to be? Or Abbott?

Maybe an image of a little boy with his penis and testicles ripped off with blood dripping would elicit something more than laughter from you all.

Maybe an image of a little boy with his penis and testicles ripped off with blood dripping would elicit something more than laughter from you all.
IN reaction to what, though? Women's suffrage? That'd be funny.
Judge Jackson's seating on the bench? Kinda funny. Esp. if the testicles used to belong to GOP figures.
Any time Trump's chosen candidate lose their primary or election? Gut-busting.
Gas prices? Maybe. Gas prices pushing the development and popularity of electric cars, and seeing such as demasculating? Funny.
Maybe in reaction to laws against Rolling Coal? Or that pilot that accidentally broadcast that you're not a 'real man' unless you're rolling coal? THAT would be a hilARIOUS cartoon.

Isn't that amazing? That there is no instance of world-wide, culture-wide, history-wide violence toward males that it would garner more than a laugh from you? But also amazing that even so, an image of a boy in that situation elicits no empathy, either. It's easy to disregard imagery of violence against even tiny, innocent males, as tiny and innocent as the little girl in the image.

Also note how easy it is to simply dismiss me or insinuate that I'm humorless (as if you don't know by now that that isn't true).

Why not just come out and say, "Ha ha! I am impervious to your pleas for empathy and mercy, and I will suffer no real consequences for not making any effort to understand your perspective! Society offers me no such impetus for cultivating a deeper sense of empathy in myself and how dare you suggest it should!" As if it's something to be proud of.

Don't laugh at or dismiss or defend messages and imagery of women and girls being violated. That's all.

You can easily train yourself to do this even in lieu of the kind of empathy required to understand my objections here in this thread about this particular image.

You can certainly do that if you give a flying shit about how society allows for violence against girls and women as if that violence is unrelated to men of privilege not only turning a blind eye, and not only actively defending horrific imagery (that I suppose we should just "lighten up" about?), but actively resisting the simple idea of calling out such messages and refusing to allow your thick blanket of protection from having to get involved or change a single thought pattern in your head.

Even if you think I'm wrong, please acknowledge my humanity and the humanity of all the women and girls represented by the bleeding, violated little girl in the image.

And just to be clear, I personally do not need acknowledgment of my humanity and of violence against women from you personally or anyone else here. I will call out every instance of this because it's the right thing to do, regardless of my personal emotions. You could so easily contribute to a world that is less violent toward women and girls, but you're like, "meh." Actually worse than meh when you keep defending something that could so easily challenge your perspective. Isn't that was inquiry and freethought are about? Not just taking the easy way of "society allows me to be unempathetic, therefore I will not bother to do better."

"Lighten up" when women or others not like you tell you their perspective and how you contribute to it does not make you a bastion of free speech. And it's not personal.

Wow. That's a lot of words put into my mouth.

Um, no. You are incorrect.

What part of stop telling people they should laugh at depictions of bloody violence against girls and women do you not understand?

There is no humor in that cartoon. There may be a political message, but it's not a funny one no matter how true. The fact that it's on your side of a political divide is your excuse for this revolting cartoon and your responding to me here as you have?

And what part of it's not personal do you not understand? You haven't proven me wrong. Even if I am wrong, boo hoo. It's not about you. That's what "it's not personal" means. It's not even about me. Why is this rocket science?

Here's one thing I am not wrong about, and that's that any abusers, misogynists, or rapists who might be reading this exchange are cheering you.

What part of stop telling people they should laugh at depictions of bloody violence against girls and women do you not understand?
I don't even see how this us a reply yto what i said.

I understand fine. I disagree.

The fact that it's on your side of a political divide is your excuse for responding to me here as you have?
At LEAST half of what you think i said or implied is entirely in your head, not what i said or meant or thought or felt. I have, and need, no excuse for words or feelings you project onto me.

I don't even see how this us a reply yto what i said.

I understand fine. I disagree.

The fact that it's on your side of a political divide is your excuse for responding to me here as you have?
At LEAST half of what you think i said or implied is entirely in your head, not what i said or meant or thought or felt. I have, and need, no excuse for words or feelings you project onto me.

And again, abusers and misogynists are cheering you, not me.

And please keep telling us how you being misunderstood is more important than what I'm actually talking about. Not that being proven right on this topic holds any satisfaction for me.

These people cheering me...are they cheering what i actually say or what you say i said?

I never said you or anyone needs to laugh at anything... just that you don't get to decide what anyone else gets to laugh at.

I never said the castration image would always be funny, just offered some context where it might be.

Never said you had no humor. Didn't even dismiss you.

And the 'ha ha impervious...' line? I don't know where any of that comes from.

These people cheering me...are they cheering what i actually say or what you say i said?

They're cheering the fact that you just keep arguing with the noisy feminist.

I never said you or anyone needs to laugh at anything... just that you don't get to decide what anyone else gets to laugh at.

You defended the cartoon. You defended it as a source of humor. No other thoughts or feelings about it given all my comments? Did you already click the laughing smiley and feel like you have to save face now? And note this is a question, not putting words in your mouth, and it is not at all an unreasonable question.

I never said the castration image would always be funny, just offered some context where it might be.

You defended the cartoon and flippantly dismissed the analogy to an image that I would think even men the most unempathetic toward girls and women would have some small reaction to other than laughter.

Never said you had no humor. Didn't even dismiss you.

Your entire role in this discussion is dismissive of me. Why not comment on the image of a little girl's uterus being ripped out of her, complete with dripping blood, without mentioning what you think might sometimes be funny about it or about my abusing you so in this thread?

And the 'ha ha impervious...' line? I don't know where any of that comes from.

It comes from the world-wide, culture-wide, history-wide inability or unwillingness of men as a group to give a flying shit about the fact that men routinely abuse and violate women and girls, which makes the world a welcoming place for abusers and misogynists.

If you want to demonstrate that you're an exception to that, just turn to your fellow men and make it known to any of them within hearing distance that you will not tolerate even the smallest disrespect of girls and women. Period.

It's not necessary to tell any girl or woman that you strongly oppose even the slightest disrespect of girls and women. It would be so easy, though, for you and every other man to change the world by distinguishing yourselves from the abusers and misogynists, loudly and clearly, without excuse, without concern for any bruised egos.

At the very least, don't speak at all to a woman who is trying to explain why a cartoon like that one does nothing to help girls and women. We know the GOP seeks to control us. We already know that. We know it better than you do. We do not need images of bloody violence to send that message. It's not women who love images of brutalizing little girls.

We know the GOP seeks to control us
Pray tell,
Who is "us", in this sentence?
It cannot possibly be women. That group includes Marjorie Taylor Greene.

Trump got tens of millions of votes from women, both in 2016 and 2020. Greg Abbott got elected in Texas, where women are allowed to vote.
Tom

People are actually allowed to argue with the noisy feminist.

Political cartoons are not typically funny.

Typically, they are accurate in pointing out some injustice or inequity.

That one is pointing out that the wrong people seek and have control of other people's reproduction.

No-one is laughing.

That cartoon is objecting to the violation of women and girls.

You are entitled to misunderstand, that happens, you are not entitled to abuse and name call.

No one here is applauding "images of brutalizing little girls"

Back
Top Bottom