• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Did Trump tell people to drink bleach to kill the coronavirus?

RVonse

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
that people in the US are living in the matrx
Even now most democrats think he said this even though he did not. And even now his own staff think he said this which he in fact did not (see 32:40-32:50) here:

But this is what he really said: https://www.statesman.com/story/new...o-drink-bleach-to-kill-coronavirus/113754708/
Here are his full comments:

"A question that probably some of you are thinking of if you’re totally into that world, which I find to be very interesting. So, supposedly we hit the body with a tremendous, whether it’s ultraviolet or just very powerful light, and I think you said that hasn’t been checked, but you’re going to test it. And then I said supposing you brought the light inside the body, which you can do either through the skin or in some other way. (To Bryan) And I think you said you’re going to test that, too. Sounds interesting, right?"

He continued.

"And then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning, because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it’d be interesting to check that, so that you’re going to have to use medical doctors with, but it sounds interesting to me. So, we’ll see, but the whole concept of the light, the way it kills it in one minute. That’s pretty powerful."

The democrats are always worried about losing democracy during Jan 6. But what we all should be worried about is the false narratives that media uses to influence the public.

This has been where we have been really losing our democracy. The lack of truth from everywhere.

For fuck sakes.

In a Nationally televised press conference, he was talking about doctors looking into shining bright lights internally and possibly injecting bleach as potential solutions the experts should look into. You quoted it. A President shouldn't be suggesting medical solutions in the first place. They definitely shouldn't be making any comments regarding injection of bleach. It alarmed people so much that Clorox and Lysol released statements almost immediately to make it clear that you shouldn't take bleach in any manner internally.

No, he didn't tell Americans to "inject bleach" if they have Covid-19. What he did say was not much better. Dr. Birx had a thousand yard stare during that portion of the press conference.

Trump's leadership during the Pandemic was a disgrace!

The democrats are always worried about losing democracy during Jan 6. But what we all should be worried about is the false narratives that media uses to influence the public
So the "real threat" is being (possibly) misquoted in the papers, not violent insurrection?

I don't know how you think you can make clear sense of the quoted passage anyway, it's incomprehensible babble as usual. But he did make clearer statements about bleach earlier in that very same press conference:

"We tested bleach ... I can tell you that bleach will kill the virus in five minutes.”

So when he brought up injections of disinfectant later, it seemed like bleach was the disinfectant he meant.

The most obvious explanation for the whole fiasco, to me, is that Bill Bryan tried to explain some real COVID research to Trump shortly before the conference, and Trump didn't understand him at all.

What Mr. Higgins said, above.
It was a dumbass comment from a dumbass. At another appearance, he made a comment about his prowess in fighting disease and said something like, "I could do this as a career. I'd be good at it."
He was completely irresponsible. He infected the White House. He did super-spreader rallies where the crowds were cheerfully unmasked. He got covid and should've died from it, because his disparagement of masking clearly led to others dying. (Trump reversed the Bible and slew Cain, remember.)
He went to a debate with Biden knowing that he might have covid. His kids attended the event and arrogantly broke the stated protocols by going unmasked. He mingled with donors in Florida after being told he'd tested positive.
He told people to do what protesters in Michigan were doing, to "take back your state", in other words, demand the ending of public health measures.
If the disinfectant/light quackery wasn't enough, he championed hydroxychloroquine, which is anti-malarial and has no proven efficacy with covid.
These are all indications of a bloated mentality who thinks he's a genius and knows more than anyone else, who disparages book-larnin'. What do you need books for, if your off-the-cuff instincts are so brilliant? If you possess "great and unmatched wisdom" and are a "very stable genius". This is how the mentally unbalanced think and talk.

"A question that probably some of you are thinking of if you’re totally into that world, which I find to be very interesting. So, supposedly we hit the body with a tremendous, whether it’s ultraviolet or just very powerful light, and I think you said that hasn’t been checked, but you’re going to test it. And then I said supposing you brought the light inside the body, which you can do either through the skin or in some other way. (To Bryan) And I think you said you’re going to test that, too. Sounds interesting, right?"

He continued.

"And then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning, because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it’d be interesting to check that, so that you’re going to have to use medical doctors with, but it sounds interesting to me. So, we’ll see, but the whole concept of the light, the way it kills it in one minute. That’s pretty powerful."
False narrative? His full comments are breathtakingly stupid. I fully agree, the media should put statements like this and those clips of Boebert that Jimmy Kimmel included in a skit on 24/7 repeat.

He continued.

False narrative? His full comments are breathtakingly stupid.

Ah, but you see...according to RVonse, if he did not say the phrase "people should drink bleach," then he didn't actually endorse injecting or ingesting any sort of disinfectant! He also didn't say the phrase "shine a light up your ass" so he wasn't endorsing that, either! He was just talking!

And when the mob boss says "you know, this is a nice little shop you've got here, and if something were to happen to it, or you or your family, wouldn't it be a shame?" he's totally not extorting the shopkeeper for protection money. He's just saying...

Rvonse is right for once, Trump said disinfectant NOT bleach. Big difference.

He also didn’t say, “Stick a UV light up your ass.” I’m sure you take great comfort in knowing that as well.

RVonse : Trump didn't say drink bleach!

Also Rvonse: Al Gore said he invented the internet!

Incidentally, when did you start caring what Donald Trump actually says? Give me a start time (it must have been recently), because I have some quotes from the fucker I would be interested in what you think.

Rvonse is right for once, Trump said disinfectant NOT bleach. Big difference.

Except bleach is a common disinfectant.

Bleach is a common disinfectant. But a medical disinfectant (such as hydrogen peroxide for example) is definitely NOT bleach. Doctors use hydrogen peroxide all the time in their process of healing the sick.

So the terms are definitely NOT interchangeable which the media deliberately did as to misinform the public. I would not blame the liberals or even Trumps own staff for being ignorant or stupid either... because if all you ever hear is disinformation there is no way to know or learn the actual truth.

Last edited:

Incidentally, when did you start caring what Donald Trump actually says? Give me a start time (it must have been recently), because I have some quotes from the fucker I would be interested in what you think.
It's not so much that I want to take Trump side or care what he prattles on about. Its just more than telling when one of his own staff does not even know the truth because our media has been so effective with liberal indoctrination and mass public hypnosis.

So my point that I do care about is that so very very many people (including you) are so gravely misinformed even after the passage of time. As I said before, we do not and can not live in a democracy when its citizens are so seriously ignorant about the truth. Because knowing the truth is the only way you can be thinking for yourself and not the propaganda being spread about.

Bill Bryan, head of science and technology at the Department of Homeland Security, spoke immediately before Trump did at that briefing. He specifically mentioned "bleach" being tested on surfaces to kill the virus. Trump then spoke, referencing Bryan's briefing info, and made his famous "disinfectant" recommendation. So clearly he was talking about bleach even if he didn't use that exact word.

Bryan's part of the briefing also covered how the virus reacts in sunlight, which Trump somehow morphed into "shine a light into an orifice to kill the virus internally.

You can spin this any way you want, and I'm sure you'll continue to do just that, but he took unambiguous scientific statements and turned it into a recommendation for a dangerous and possibly lethal assault on the human body.

It's not so much that I want to take Trump side or care what he prattles on about. Its just more than telling when one of his own staff does not even know the truth because our media has been so effective with liberal indoctrination.

So my point that I do care about is that so very very many people (including you) are so gravely misinformed even after the passage of time. As I said before, we do not and can not live in a democracy when its citizens are so seriously ignorant about the truth. Because knowing the truth is the only way you can be thinking for yourself and not the propaganda being spread about.
Oh holy hell. MAGAts and truth and way far apart from each other.

Bill Bryan, head of science and technology at the Department of Homeland Security, spoke immediately before Trump did at that briefing. He specifically mentioned "bleach" being tested on surfaces to kill the virus. Trump then spoke, referencing Bryan's briefing info, and made his famous "disinfectant" recommendation. So clearly he was talking about bleach even if he didn't use that exact word.

Bryan's part of the briefing also covered how the virus reacts in sunlight, which Trump somehow morphed into "shine a light into an orifice to kill the virus internally.

You can spin this any way you want, and I'm sure you'll continue to do just that, but he took unambiguous scientific statements and turned it into a recommendation for a dangerous and possibly lethal assault on the human body.

Trump's idea doesn't seem as insane as many of you are saying. Scientists are trying it (no credit due to Trump though), and getting some good preliminary results.

Reduced Viral Loads Seen in COVID-19 Patients Treated With UVA Light

Ultraviolet light treatments introduced into the tracheas of five critically ill COVID-19 patients appeared to be safe and associated with a reduction in the respiratory load of SARS-CoV-2—the virus responsible for COVID-19—in all but one patient, according to a study conducted by Cedars-Sinai.

The findings, published in the peer-reviewed journal Advances in Therapy, were based on five days of 20-minute treatments with ultraviolet A (UVA) light using a catheter inserted into the patients' tracheas. Patients were followed for 30 days. The findings were based on four patients; the fifth patient had no detectable levels of SARS-CoV-2 at the study outset.

The research indicated that the reduced viral loads appeared to be associated with improvement in the patients' clinical conditions as measured by a standard scale used by the World Health Organization. The investigators emphasized the preliminary nature of their research, noting that they did not demonstrate a causal link between the improvement in patient conditions and the reduced viral loads.

It's not so much that I want to take Trump side or care what he prattles on about. Its just more than telling when one of his own staff does not even know the truth because our media has been so effective with liberal indoctrination and mass public hypnosis.
Not the 'media' you post.

aa

Back
Top Bottom