• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Did Trump tell people to drink bleach to kill the coronavirus?

RVonse : Trump didn't say drink bleach!

Also Rvonse: Al Gore said he invented the internet!

Incidentally, when did you start caring what Donald Trump actually says? Give me a start time (it must have been recently), because I have some quotes from the fucker I would be interested in what you think.
It's not so much that I want to take Trump side or care what he prattles on about. Its just more than telling when one of his own staff does not even know the truth because our media has been so effective with liberal indoctrination and mass public hypnosis.

So my point that I do care about is that so very very many people (including you) are so gravely misinformed even after the passage of time. As I said before, we do not and can not live in a democracy when its citizens are so seriously ignorant about the truth. Because knowing the truth is the only way you can be thinking for yourself and not the propaganda being spread about.
As Neo asked of Morpheus in The Matrix:

"What...truth?"

You throw out the "liberal media" bogeyman as if the words are some sort of magic spell which reveals "the truth," but at the time he suggested these treatments, they were something that sounded very much like Trump being one of those "I've done my research!" folks who gets their information from internet whack-jobs and not the actual epidemiologists and infectious disease experts available to him and (in that case) literally sitting in the room with him. The study results linked above did not come out until over a year after his harebrained ramblings, so it's not like he was spitting "truth."

Truth is, Trump said some certifiably stupid shit, and "the media" did that thing that frustrates conservatives to no end: they reported his words. They were not taken out of context (NBC News, for example, has a video of the remarks (and Dr. Birx' reaction) in their story. They also point out that Trump did not specify what kind of disinfectant he was rambling on about. Their story went onto point out that Trump "repeatedly touted unproven treatments during the daily briefings" and that is also true. You can read the "radical left wing media" story for yourself here.

And don't give us this "I don't want to take Trump's side" bullshit. This entire post is you taking his side, and doing the mental version of a Simone Biles performance in order to continue to do so.

RVonse - precisely what narrative or unbiased take should “the media” have gone with instead?

My read of that nonsense was: “maybe there’s a shortcut out of this mess,,,”

Also, pretending to care about truth by defending the guy who regularly takes a giant steamy shit on the notion of truth :rolleyes:

Bill Bryan, head of science and technology at the Department of Homeland Security, spoke immediately before Trump did at that briefing. He specifically mentioned "bleach" being tested on surfaces to kill the virus. Trump then spoke, referencing Bryan's briefing info, and made his famous "disinfectant" recommendation. So clearly he was talking about bleach even if he didn't use that exact word.

Bryan's part of the briefing also covered how the virus reacts in sunlight, which Trump somehow morphed into "shine a light into an orifice to kill the virus internally.

You can spin this any way you want, and I'm sure you'll continue to do just that, but he took unambiguous scientific statements and turned it into a recommendation for a dangerous and possibly lethal assault on the human body.

Trump's idea doesn't seem as insane as many of you are saying. Scientists are trying it (no credit due to Trump though), and getting some good preliminary results.

Reduced Viral Loads Seen in COVID-19 Patients Treated With UVA Light

Ultraviolet light treatments introduced into the tracheas of five critically ill COVID-19 patients appeared to be safe and associated with a reduction in the respiratory load of SARS-CoV-2—the virus responsible for COVID-19—in all but one patient, according to a study conducted by Cedars-Sinai.

The findings, published in the peer-reviewed journal Advances in Therapy, were based on five days of 20-minute treatments with ultraviolet A (UVA) light using a catheter inserted into the patients' tracheas. Patients were followed for 30 days. The findings were based on four patients; the fifth patient had no detectable levels of SARS-CoV-2 at the study outset.

The research indicated that the reduced viral loads appeared to be associated with improvement in the patients' clinical conditions as measured by a standard scale used by the World Health Organization. The investigators emphasized the preliminary nature of their research, noting that they did not demonstrate a causal link between the improvement in patient conditions and the reduced viral loads.
Five patients, no causal link. And they made it into a peer reviewed journal? That’s odd.

Bill Bryan, head of science and technology at the Department of Homeland Security, spoke immediately before Trump did at that briefing. He specifically mentioned "bleach" being tested on surfaces to kill the virus. Trump then spoke, referencing Bryan's briefing info, and made his famous "disinfectant" recommendation. So clearly he was talking about bleach even if he didn't use that exact word.

Bryan's part of the briefing also covered how the virus reacts in sunlight, which Trump somehow morphed into "shine a light into an orifice to kill the virus internally.

You can spin this any way you want, and I'm sure you'll continue to do just that, but he took unambiguous scientific statements and turned it into a recommendation for a dangerous and possibly lethal assault on the human body.

Trump's idea doesn't seem as insane as many of you are saying. Scientists are trying it (no credit due to Trump though), and getting some good preliminary results.

Ultraviolet light treatments introduced into the tracheas of five critically ill COVID-19 patients appeared to be safe and associated with a reduction in the respiratory load of SARS-CoV-2—the virus responsible for COVID-19—in all but one patient, according to a study conducted by Cedars-Sinai.

The findings, published in the peer-reviewed journal Advances in Therapy, were based on five days of 20-minute treatments with ultraviolet A (UVA) light using a catheter inserted into the patients' tracheas. Patients were followed for 30 days. The findings were based on four patients; the fifth patient had no detectable levels of SARS-CoV-2 at the study outset.

The research indicated that the reduced viral loads appeared to be associated with improvement in the patients' clinical conditions as measured by a standard scale used by the World Health Organization. The investigators emphasized the preliminary nature of their research, noting that they did not demonstrate a causal link between the improvement in patient conditions and the reduced viral loads.
Five patients, no causal link. And they made it into a peer reviewed journal? That’s odd.
Makes one wonder. The sample size is small and the statistical test is non- parametric ( those tests tend to be less robust than parametric ones).

Notice the result had nothing to do with Trump’s inane claim about disinfectant.

Makes one wonder. The sample size is small and the statistical test is non- parametric ( those tests tend to be less robust than parametric ones).

Notice the result had nothing to do with Trump’s inane claim about disinfectant.
I think we all can attribute to Trump and incompetence of dangerous proportions.

If you cannot put together words that properly deliver medical or health advice in a consistent way, if you did not practice those words, or barring that if you do not fully understand the principle behind the words you speak and how the words you say to communicate that will be understood by the people who hear it such that they will also come away with that same understanding, assuming they are able, then you should not say anything but "Yes! What that guy said."...

And only that when you do not have any behaviorally significant part of you that doubts what you may, or what that guy said.

I don't get what's so hard about this.

Pretty much anything else makes you a piece of shit.

Just... Don't say or agree to stuff you don't know and understand or know well enough to say who you are agreeing with understands.

Donald J. Trump clearly did not understand. He talked about injecting disinfectant. This is neither practiced nor based on any sort of sound understanding in a language likely to communicate sound understanding.

Neither is it saying in some reasonably minimal fashion "Yes! What that guy said."

This is a dangerous level of incompetence.

I'm middle aged and I lose my train of speech as much as Biden does, if we're being honest here. At least I do when I'm speaking with my mouth. When I'm speaking with my hands, I have a context that I reference in the form of the text I've already written and don't really ever get lost unless I'm trying to.

My point being, trump is a dangerous toddler. At least Biden knows not to stick the fork in the outlet.

Last edited:
Even now most democrats think he said this even though he did not. And even now his own staff think he said this which he in fact did not (see 32:40-32:50) here
youtube]2PGIL46eT1s[/MEDIA]

Please. What is "this"? If you took 8th-grade English you know that the title must NOT be used as an antecedent in the introductory paragraph. And in this case, the title is a question, not an indicative statement. Anyway, it is Trump's own words which indict his intelligence.

So you "clarify" it with a 1+-hour YouTube, apparently making a typo in the "(see 32:40-32:50)" which points to nothing useful.

Here are his full comments:

Here they are again, in a video. HIS voice; His exact words.

The democrats are always worried about losing democracy during Jan 6. But what we all should be worried about is the false narratives that media uses to influence the public.

This has been where we have been really losing our democracy. The lack of truth from everywhere.

Yay! You are not wrong about this. Where you go astray is pointing most of the blame at leftists. The lies and misstatements from the right are orders of magnitude HUGER than lies and misstatements from the left.

Intelligent, informed dialog is the way forward. I'm glad we agree on something. But how about your own dialog, RVonse? Did you ever decide what money might be in your Utopia, after you "abolish the Fed"? Or are you still waiting for your mentor -- Gary Johnson? Alex Jones? George Santos? -- to tell you what to think?

So you "clarify" it with a 1+-hour YouTube, apparently making a typo in the "(see 32:40-32:50)" which points to nothing useful.

I hope RVonse clarifies this. I also looked at the video and can't figure out what is useful there.

It's not so much that I want to take Trump side or care what he prattles on about.
Are you fucking serious? Are you really fucking serious? Your unconditional sycophancy towards Trump has been on display for years.
Its just more than telling when one of his own staff does not even know the truth because our media has been so effective with liberal indoctrination and mass public hypnosis.
You hiding behind petty semantics whilst claiming to "know the truth" is an extremely bad faith take. Pretending that quoting Trump as saying "drink bleach" as a distortion of the truth is a distortion of the truth. Explain to me the practical difference between:
1)A President suggesting we drink bleach during a pandemic and,

2)A President suggesting we inject disinfectant and light into ourselves during a pandemic.

So my point that I do care about is that so very very many people (including you) are so gravely misinformed
Holy.

Fucking.

Shit.

Wow, dude. I admit I'm far from perfect but let's unpack this.

Here I am pointing out how misinformed you are with regards to Twitter and the FBI
Here I am pointing out how misinformed you are with regards to Matt Taibbi and the so-called "Twitter Files"
Here I am pointing out how misinformed you are with regards to Biden spending money on Ukraine.
And here I am again pointing out how misinformed you are on the Biden Presidency's track record on homelessness.
Here I am pointing out how misinformed you are with regards to Jan6 insurrectionist being armed and anything but peaceful.
And here I am pointing out how misinformed you are with regards to Russel fucking Brand.

And that's only me correcting you. I am far from the only one. I had a quick look at the threads you start and it typically only takes 4-8 posts before what you allege is thoroughly and completely debunked. So just to be clear, I'm not offended that you think I and a lot of people are misinformed - I'm actually kinda impressed the lack of self awareness required for you to make such a statement.

As I said before, we do not and can not live in a democracy when its citizens are so seriously ignorant about the truth. Because knowing the truth is the only way you can be thinking for yourself and not the propaganda being spread about.

You still believe the 2020 election was stolen, my dude. I honestly can't measure how much your accusations are secretly confessions.

It's not so much that I want to take Trump side or care what he prattles on about.
Are you fucking serious? Are you really fucking serious? Your unconditional sycophancy towards Trump has been on display for years.

I clicked your links. Shame on you! That's 30 seconds of my life I'll never get back!
Just kidding: The following gem alone was worth the price!

As I listened to the above video (several months old now) it occurred to me just how courageous Roger Stone is. Whether you like Trump or not you can not listen to this guy without being impressed with Stone.

I think that Stone was (and is) a much better man than I am.

Stone was a criminal understudy to G. Gordon Liddy and Karl Rove. He partnered with Manafort to help Putin. Et cetera. I knew he was a hero to trumplickers. I guess "Libertarians" admire him also.

Or is "libertarian" just another brand of trumplicker ashamed to admit they support the Orange-flavored Psychopath?

Same goes to the high-IQ Infidel who repeatedly posts "I'm NOT a right-winger; I'm just JAQing off." I think he considers himself "NOT a right-winger" because he wants to allow abortions for victims of rape or incest . . . if the woman presents signed permission from all four of her grandparents.

I clicked your links. Shame on you! That's 30 seconds of my life I'll never get back!
Just kidding: The following gem alone was worth the price!

As I listened to the above video (several months old now) it occurred to me just how courageous Roger Stone is. Whether you like Trump or not you can not listen to this guy without being impressed with Stone.

I think that Stone was (and is) a much better man than I am.

Stone was a criminal understudy to G. Gordon Liddy and Karl Rove. He partnered with Manafort to help Putin. Et cetera. I knew he was a hero to trumplickers. I guess "Libertarians" admire him also.
RVonse apparently thinks that it is "courageous" to spew blatant falsehoods, athen when called on it say "you're damned right I'm lying!" and grin like a demon while the federal prison sentence is issued.

The democrats are always worried about losing democracy during Jan 6. But what we all should be worried about is the false narratives that media uses to influence the public.

This has been where we have been really losing our democracy. The lack of truth from everywhere.
His words don't make a lot of sense. Trying to reduce them to something coherent you end up with UV and bleach, used internally. The only way the average person could use bleach internally is by drinking it.

Bleach is a common disinfectant. But a medical disinfectant (such as hydrogen peroxide for example) is definitely NOT bleach. Doctors use hydrogen peroxide all the time in their process of healing the sick.

So the terms are definitely NOT interchangeable which the media deliberately did as to misinform the public. I would not blame the liberals or even Trumps own staff for being ignorant or stupid either... because if all you ever hear is disinformation there is no way to know or learn the actual truth.
There is no disinfectant that's used internally.

What you're missing is that killing Covid is trivial. The hard part is killing Covid while not killing the patient. Disinfectants are indiscriminate, they'll kill whatever they come to first and that's going to be you rather than the virus. Bleach, H2O2, UV, whatever--if it's a disinfectant it's only for external use and some of them are not even for that. (Steramine is good as a disinfectant, it comes as a solid with a long shelf life, but it's pretty harsh on your skin--wear gloves when using it.)

His words don't make a lot of sense. Trying to reduce them to something coherent you end up with UV and bleach, used internally. The only way the average person could use bleach internally is by drinking it.
And of course, the "false narratives that the media uses" guy seems oblivious to the fact that he gets his information from - wait for it - the media. More often than not, The Daily Mail.

I must have missed the part where that outlet is not actually media.

RVonse : Trump didn't say drink bleach!

Also Rvonse: Al Gore said he invented the internet!

Incidentally, when did you start caring what Donald Trump actually says? Give me a start time (it must have been recently), because I have some quotes from the fucker I would be interested in what you think.
It's not so much that I want to take Trump side or care what he prattles on about. Its just more than telling when one of his own staff does not even know the truth because our media has been so effective with liberal indoctrination and mass public hypnosis.

So my point that I do care about is that so very very many people (including you) are so gravely misinformed even after the passage of time. As I said before, we do not and can not live in a democracy when its citizens are so seriously ignorant about the truth. Because knowing the truth is the only way you can be thinking for yourself and not the propaganda being spread about.
Your quote doesn't include the earlier discussion of bleach.

Back
Top Bottom