• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Did you take a class in critical race theory?

Did you take a class in Critical Race Theory?

• Total voters
It is not.

Holy Shit! You're saying this guy

Kendi-1211664100.jpg

who wrote this book

How_to_Be_an_Antiracist.jpg

doesn't know what CRT is?

You should've checked the quote first.

What makes you think he does?

It is not.

Holy Shit!

You're saying this guy

Kendi-1211664100.jpg

who wrote this book

How_to_Be_an_Antiracist.jpg

doesn't know what CRT is?

You should've checked the quote first.
Are you under the impression that there is the equivalent of the Pope for CRT and that Mr. Xendi is it?
So can we agree that his ideas are abhorrent and shouldn't be forced on school children?
I don't know his ideas and it is pretty clear you have no fucking clue what they are other than to take a quote out of context. So the answer to your question is no.

I don't think the quote is even that odd or controversial. Yes, to combat racism, you're going to have to "dicriminate" against racists to some degree. How else can it be alleviated? Any action taken against racists is considered discrimination by them, so the only alternative would be to simply let them trample all over everything in the name of "tolerance" - a quality they value solely in reference to their own twisted ideas.

But it has nothing to do with critical race theory, either, as near as I can see. What's the point of connection between those two ideas supposed to be?

Are you under the impression that there is the equivalent of the Pope for CRT and that Mr. Xendi is it?
So can we agree that his ideas are abhorrent and shouldn't be forced on school children?
I don't know his ideas and it is pretty clear you have no fucking clue what they are other than to take a quote out of context. So the answer to your question is no.

If you agree that his ideas shouldn't be forced on school children then you should be okay with the states' ban on CRT.

What makes you think he does?

If you don't know who this guy is, then you have little knowledge of CRT.

Nice dodge. Try answering the question.

FFS. You're saying this guy - held up by the lefty press as a prophet of CRT - doesn't understand CRT? Do you not have a web browser on your computer?

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2021/06/critical-race-theory-ibram-kendi-racism-racists.html

If you disagree with his ideas, don't be afraid to say so. His ideas and CRT are racist garbage.

I don't think the quote is even that odd or controversial. Yes, to combat racism, you're going to have to "dicriminate" against racists to some degree. How else can it be alleviated? Any action taken against racists is considered discrimination by them, so the only alternative would be to simply let them trample all over everything in the name of "tolerance" - a quality they value solely in reference to their own twisted ideas.

But it has nothing to do with critical race theory, either, as near as I can see. What's the point of connection between those two ideas supposed to be?

Racists? Who? In the CRT framework, that's just code for all White people. The neoracist label fits like a glove.

Nice dodge. Try answering the question.

FFS. You're saying this guy - held up by the lefty press as a prophet of CRT - doesn't understand CRT. Do you not have a web browser on your computer?

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2021/06/critical-race-theory-ibram-kendi-racism-racists.html

If you disagree with ideas, don't be afraid to say so. His ideas and CRT are racist garbage.

He very explicitly makes no claim to being an expert in critical race theory in that interview. Do you even read the things you quote? The interviewer literally asked him that question.

Would you consider yourself to be a critical race theorist?
Who are critical race theorists out there that people should be aware of?

I’ve certainly been inspired by critical race theory and critical race theorists. The ways in which I’ve formulated definitions of racism and racist and anti-racism and anti-racist have not only been based on historical evidence, but also Kimberlé Crenshaw’s intersectional theory. She’s one of the founding and pioneering critical race theorists who in the late 1980s and early 1990s said, “You know what? Black women aren’t just facing racism, they’re not just facing sexism, they’re facing the intersection of racism and sexism.” It’s important for us to understand that and that’s foundational to my work.

If being inspired by something makes you an expert in it, I am proud to anounce that I am now a phycisist, a philosopher, a paleontologist, a poet, a figure skater, and a constitutional lawyer, all in one. Geez, that was easier than getting all those degrees!

Just another old fart

Did you take a class in Critical Race Theory?
Of course not, it wasn't available 3 decades ago in the engineering program at the University.

But what of this talk about Cathode Ray Tubes....me confussaled.

Racists? Who? In the CRT framework, that's just code for all White people. The neoracist label fits like a glove.

I don't think your quote has anything to do with critical race theory, which is generally understood to be the study of institutional, not individual, forms of racism. But you are simply in error as to the content of the theory set. One of the most foundational ideas in CRT is an acceptance of the fact that racism is a social construct as opposed to a biological reality, making observable phenotype inherently irrelevant to diagnosing it.

He very explicitly makes no claim to being an expert in critical race theory in that interview. Do you even read the things you quote? The interviewer literally asked him that question.

I’ve certainly been inspired by critical race theory and critical race theorists. The ways in which I’ve formulated definitions of racism and racist and anti-racism and anti-racist have not only been based on historical evidence, but also Kimberlé Crenshaw’s intersectional theory. She’s one of the founding and pioneering critical race theorists who in the late 1980s and early 1990s said, “You know what? Black women aren’t just facing racism, they’re not just facing sexism, they’re facing the intersection of racism and sexism.” It’s important for us to understand that and that’s foundational to my work.

If being inspired by something makes you an expert in it, I am proud to anounce that I am now a phycisist, a paleontologist, a poet, a figure skater, and a constitutional lawyer, all in one. Geez, that was easier than getting all those degrees!

Are you saying you disagree with his ideas and that these ideas should not be forced on school children? This is mote and bailey shit.

If you agree that his ideas shouldn't be forced on school children then you should be okay with the states' ban on CRT.
Since his ideas are not CRT, your observation is illogical.

If being inspired by something makes you an expert in it, I am proud to anounce that I am now a phycisist, a paleontologist, a poet, a figure skater, and a constitutional lawyer, all in one. Geez, that was easier than getting all those degrees!

Are you saying you disagree with his ideas and that these ideas should not be forced on school children? This is mote and bailey shit.

What does your reply have to do with the post it's quoting? :confused:

This is so comical. Posters on this thread accuse others of not understanding CRT. When the person frequently denoted a "critical race theorist" and paid for lectures on critical race theory is brought forth, these same posters play all surprised.

Oh, there it is. Keep the definition of CRT so vague and abstract you can retreat when it's exposed as racist claptrap. Mote and bailey, indeed.

You're a fine one to talk about the motte-and-bailey fallacy (its correct spelling, btw). Your rhetorical game of switching between "we shouldn't teach children to be racists" (your motte) and "therefore the government should be allowed to rigorously censor higher education" (your bailey) is a classic example of that very fallacy.

What does your reply have to do with the post it's quoting? :confused:

Are you not trying to distance Kendi from CRT? Looks like you are.

You are the one who provided the source which explicitly contradicts your claim. All I did was read the article you linked...

Oh, there it is. Keep the definition of CRT so vague and abstract you can retreat when it's exposed as racist claptrap.
The irony of those claims from one using an undefined definition of CRT. And posting videos of anti-CRT speakers who make ludicrous claims is overwhelming.

Back
Top Bottom