• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Die Dilbert Die

It is a bit odd. Why should we care? If Adams went on an anti-Semitic rant, there would be widespread condemnation against it. He'd be dropped by everyone. The Holocaust really created a situation of a "never again except in the third world by despots who oppose the ideology we oppose (capitalism/communism)", no tolerance to that bigotry.

Racist black rhetoric... and some people think we need to sit on a fence... why do we need to care?

The right type of bigotry?

Hmm, do white people not wanting to take the (often literal) hit of living around blacks make it more likely that the few that do live around them are more likely to be physically attacked? In a sort of perverse self fulfilling prophecy of making blacks more often become poor, violent assholes...

But after being attacked three times by poor violent asshole blacks in South Seattle (Rainier and Henderson) in the early '90s as a white teenager, I really don't care about the self fulfilling prophecy part, I just want to have less contact with them.

Any liberal whites here living in a low black area, please move to a high black area.

Hmm, do white people not wanting to take the (often literal) hit of living around blacks make it more likely that the few that do live around them are more likely to be physically attacked? In a sort of perverse self fulfilling prophecy of making blacks more often become poor, violent assholes...
I live around blacks. No problems. Daughter goes to school with black children. Hasn't been attacked. Only shooting in the neighborhood involved a white guy, he wasn't well.
But after being attacked three times by poor violent asshole blacks in South Seattle (Rainier and Henderson) in the early '90s as a white teenager, I really don't care about the self fulfilling prophecy part, I just want to have less contact with them.
Good for you. I suppose you cower from males too, cause you were attacked by males, not females. So you spend most or your time at LPGA and WNBA games and Jane Austen book groups.

As far as monied interests couple years ago, I would have sited Bill Gates, Elon Musk, Peter Thiel, George Soros, and a big chunk of silicon valley.
Why them in particular?
What about the Kochs, Murdoch, Trump, Norquist and such?
Tom
I'm against all billionaires using their money to affect politics, even the ones on the right. But the ones on the right have already done most of their damage in past with citizens united. Its the ones on the left who I'm worried about today. They are causing (IMO) huge problems with society today.
Who is "they"
People (also corporations now) who have the money and means to buy our government leaders.

Adams is attempting to get the blacks and conservatives to see each other and join forces against the white elites who wish to remain ultra rich.
That's total nonsense. Calling people dangerous monsters is no way to recruit them for some struggle.
Negative publicity is better than no publicity. His words not mine.

I'm against all billionaires using their money to affect politics, even the ones on the right. But the ones on the right have already done most of their damage in past with citizens united. Its the ones on the left who I'm worried about today. They are causing (IMO) huge problems with society today.
Who is "they"
People (also corporations now) who have the money and means to buy our government leaders.
That wasn't an answer. That was just saying "they" again.

I live around blacks. No problems. Daughter goes to school with black children. Hasn't been attacked. Only shooting in the neighborhood involved a white guy, he wasn't well.
Well, saying "blacks" is too broad. Like any race, there are those who are well-behaved and those who are not. I'm reminded of this story:

Three years ago, Lamar Grace left Detroit for the suburb of Southfield. He got a good deal — a 3,000-square-foot colonial that once was worth $220,000. In foreclosure, he paid $109,000.

The neighbors were not pleased.

"They don't want to live next door to ghetto folks," he says.

That his neighbors are black, like Grace, is immaterial. Many in the black middle class moved out of Detroit and settled in the northern suburbs years ago; now, due to foreclosures, it is easy to buy or rent houses on the cheap here. The result has been a new, poorer wave of arrivals from the city, and growing tensions between established residents and the newcomers.

But there is a robust correlation between black % of population and homicide. You can set your clock to it.

LOL

Fqtyh8hWcAEqbh1

Would an expert on Aryan Nation reasoning or humor please explain how the above is either relevant to the discussion or humorous?
On a thread about Scott Adams's recent comments. Relevant and humorous.
Because?
Hello?

More for Don2.

And?
Something CRT mysteriously failed to teach me.

More for Don2.

And?
And either Oleg believes statistical outliers don't exist or slavery was never done by white people. I've gotta be honest, going by his arguments it's a coin toss.

More for Don2.

And?

Then you must have gotten an F.

Would an expert on Aryan Nation reasoning or humor please explain how the above is either relevant to the discussion or humorous?
On a thread about Scott Adams's recent comments. Relevant and humorous.
Because?
Hello?

That does not explain what you think it does.

More for Don2.

And?

That's because CRT is is not "Criticism of White People Theory". It is about institutional racism, which has nothing to do with branding specific races as more guilty of discrimination than others. Slavery existed in both Europe and Africa throughout human history. Racism is equal opportunity oppression and bigotry. CRT is about social institutions and how they evolve to give some racial groups privilege over others. An important part of CRT is the claim that attitudes towards race may be shared by individuals in both the advantaged and disadvantaged groups. It is not about giving some individuals dominance over others, although that is how it is commonly misrepresented.

ETA: Also, I doubt that CRT has actually taught you anything, since you have never actually studied the subject formally. You just have some impressions of it from things you've picked up from partisan sources of one kind or another.

Back
Top Bottom