• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Discrimination -- the reality

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just because you assume something is true of yourself doesn't mean that it actually is.
Except my gender identity, naturally.
It doesn't mean that ot isn't, either. Jesus, you waste time pretending to be dumb... I know you know what an assumption is, you aren't pulling a fast one here.
ot?
It. I dropped out at 9th grade level and I know that was meant to be it.
So... I'm an idiot for not guessing that and asking politely?
You readily jump to all sorts of ridiculous conclusions, so what was stopping you in that instance?
As petty as that sounds, it really hits the target.

Metaphor is willing to deny people who feel and grown up being a certain identity in their mind, refuses to believe it.
I have said, about a million times, I believe anyone who says they have a gender identity. I don't doubt you have a specific thought in your head.

And will presume any number of things about it. Doesn't want to ask or be part of a discussion with anyone with this state of mind.

But, Metaphor won't make the leap and asks about what "ot" means?
I'm befuddled. Why doesn't Metaphor ask people who are gender fluid or some off baseline gender identity?
Ask them what?

Why is it that hard to give a fuck about these people as actual people, instead of demanding those people adhere to what Metaphor says shall be.
What demands am I making? Be specific.

I know what 'if the shoe fits' means. I wanted to point out how unnecessarily nasty your original comment was. Of course, laughing dog 'liked' it, because he's laughing dog. And then, because that nastiness wasn't enough, he made another off topic post just to mock me.
Please stop slandering me with your baseless accusations. Oh yeah, that's your MO.
"Baseless". Okay, laughing dog.

Vestiges remain of those of us and our descendants who believe that we earned what we have through a lot of hard work and sacrifice. And we did. We just tend to not see how rules were written to make it easier for us and easier for us to not see the invisible hands that smoothed our way, and to call that the hard work of our parents and grandparents. And to ignore that the rules were written to disadvantage those who did not have the good sense to be born with white skin. Or Asian, for the more modern among us.

To be extremely honest, what I think is changing things more and more quickly than anything else is when our kids and grandkids have children with people who do not have the same level of European ancestry as we do. It takes a lot more to look down on your grandchildren than it does to look down on that family who moved in around the corner.

Trump and his spawned followers: they are the dying gasp of white supremacy.
It's only too bad it won't be the end of tribal and ethnic supremacy everywhere. When my wife's mother visited us in Alabama she was truly shocked to see our kids playing with black children and us not caring. That may be part of the reason for resentment that still lingers when we damn yankees move in. But I can't really blame my MIL, she was dumb as an onion when it came to those things, just a product of her upbringing and her environment.
You're more forgiving than I was. My dad about blew a gasket when he saw who my kids were playing with on the playground--although we'd already gone enough rounds before I left home that he hid it as well as he could.

Came to find out after he died that he tried some of his most racist shit on my young adult kids--who knew, at the time that their grandfather was on a definite decline. He knew what he was doing--he didn't try that shit in front of me or my husband. And of course, it didn't work.

I don't think my dad was dumb. I think he grew up in rough circumstances that were not his fault, nor his parents' fault, to be very fair: they were all dealt very difficult hands. Dad left the farm worked a good white collar job for decades, giving us all more economic security than his father or brother ever had. Dad worked with people who were not white in this job and did so well, as far as I can tell. And between marriages, he lived next door to a very nice man, similarly between marriages, in what I refer to as divorced man's row and they were cordial enough. Dad even spoke well of him. I give him credit for never speaking in any ugly or disrespectful way to or about any person of color to their face or even behind their back--he could not bring himself to feel that amount of hate towards an actual person, particularly someone who was so obviously not very different than he was. I was even a little bit almost proud of him for a while, for having somewhat mended his ways.

Then, like I said, after he passed away, I heard some stories from my kids who were not up for going toe to toe with their dying grandfather and I don't blame them for that. They respected the position of grandpa and respected a lot about him. And decided to ignore the rest. Frankly, because that was a luxury they had, that we all had.

I admire and respect a lot about my father but his behavior with regards to persons who were not white is not one of them.

Tell me, laughing dog, what kind of ridiculous interpretation of ot would have satisfied you?
Before I answer your question, you should answer mine.
Answer your rhetorical question, posted only to mock me?

I did not post a ridiculous interpretation of ot because none occurred to me, which is why I asked what it meant.
I know it is your MO, but stop slandering me. I asked a legitimate question. You have no problem coming up with interpretations (ridiculous - as your slandering of me indicate or otherwise) of whatever anyone posts.

But thank you for answering my question. To answer your question, any interpretation would have satisfied me.

Aw crap i made a typo.

Aw crap.
Politesse, you made a typo and you corrected it.

The subsequent commentary from Gospel, indicating he thinks I'm an idiot who couldn't figure out what a year 9 drop out can figure out, and laughing dog seizing any chance to spray his venom at me, is not your responsibility.

Also, I am never playing dumb. If you think I am, you need to check what unspoken premises you've used.

Aw crap i made a typo.

Aw crap.

The subsequent commentary from Gospel, indicating he thinks I'm an idiot who couldn't figure out what a year 9 drop out can figure out, and laughing dog seizing any chance to spray his venom at me, is not your responsibility.

Also, I am never playing dumb. If you think I am, you need to check what unspoken premises you've used.
That you aren't? That seems evident from your postings, you are hardly illiterate.

Aw crap i made a typo.

Aw crap.

That you aren't? That seems evident from your postings, you are hardly illiterate.
No: what hidden premises you've used in positing an assertion.

I always thought that was your main m.o..
To play dumb means to deliberately hide your knowledge. If you mean that, no, I do not deliberately hide my knowledge.

But if you mean "playing dumb" is asking questions that will draw out your hidden or unspoken premises, premises that affect the soundness of the rest of your argument, yes, I do do that.

Aw crap i made a typo.

Aw crap.

Another ironic slanderous accusation.
The peanut gallery can see for themselves what happened laughing dog.

:staffwarn:

This thread is locked while the mods review and clean up the meaningless and juvenile ad homs being tossed into it.

Address the topic, not the character of the poster.
Do you kids need a time out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom