• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Do you still watch new movies?

Do you watch new movies?

• Total voters
Of course. I'd go every month if a decent movie came out every month.

I guess that was somewhat the question: based on your opinion of the quality of current movies, how often do you watch them.

When I was younger I watched an endless amount of tv and film. Nowadays everything seems like shit that I'm not interested in.

Mainly just action films. That's the kind if thing that it's good to see on the big screen. There's only a few months wait until they come out on video, so I can rent it for a few bucks instead of paying all the cash to see it in the theatre.

I guess that was somewhat the question: based on your opinion of the quality of current movies, how often do you watch them.

When I was younger I watched an endless amount of tv and film. Nowadays everything seems like shit that I'm not interested in.

Same here...

We have our own big screen and we wait until movies that we (actually hubby) are interested in become available to download.

If it was up to me, everything would be a classic before I saw it. :D

I'll catch up on things when I am in my dotage.

Absolutely. It's been a long while since I've watched more movies from the last decade than movies which aren't, but there are still many good movies being made if you know how to find them.

I don't, and haven't, traditionally gone to the theatre to see them so no change in frequency there.

My movie going is determined by three factors, the most limiting of which is my town 's theater: a small multi screen which generally shows movies which cater to mass market, younger/male audiences except for the occasional girly franchise. The next limiting factor is what is released and finally upon my schedule. Sometimes I miss a movie because of my schedule but more often because the local theater doesn't show it.

i watch new movies all the time - i very much enjoy the overall aesthetic experience of going to see a movie at the theater, so will go any time a movie seems even remotely appealing. i'd say on average i probably end up seeing 15-20 movies in a theater per year, depends on what has been decent looking.
i also watch anything remotely interesting on netflix if i don't catch it in the theaters, and am watching new and recent TV just about all the time.

Went to 4 new movies in theatres during the last 4 weeks.

If they're highly recommended I might watch but I generally have no interest in them now.

I no longer visit movie theaters at all, but I watch at least 2-3 "new"(to me) movies per week. The frequency with which I watch movies has decreased over the years. I believe that rather than a decline in their quality, this reflects three factors-- a decrease in my attention span, a decrease in my free time, and a dramatic improvement in the quality of TV shows (at least with respect to my personal tastes).

Movie tickets are too expensive; and while I do enjoy watching a movie on a giant screen; I do not enjoy it in the company of a crowd that's constantly making distracting noises (as they always do).

Not going to see movies when they come out does deprive me of getting to talk about them with everyone else, but it's worth it for the saved money and ability to watch them in the comfort of my own home without having my immersion broken by the stupid kids in the next row.

Back
Top Bottom