• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Donald the Orange and Family Sued in NY

A court-ordered financial auditor has caught Donald Trump quietly moving $40 million from the Trump Organization into a personal bank account—seemingly so the former president could pay his whopping $29 million tax bill.

Trump isn’t supposed to be moving any money around without alerting Barbara S. Jones, a former federal judge in New York tasked with babysitting the Trump Organization for its relentlessly shady business practices. But on Wednesday, she notified a New York state court about some major bank transfers that were never brought to her attention by the Trumps.

Jones described the way she discovered the Trump family company once again breaking the rules during an audit of its finances in recent months. In the run-up to the ongoing bank fraud trial that threatens to vaporize the real estate company and boot the Trumps from the business world, Justice Arthur F. Engoron ordered the company to not start shifting around funds to avoid paying what’s becoming an increasingly threatening massive penalty.

If his fines outpace his grift money he's going to notice.
And he’ll notice if Hell freezes over.
The guy has millions of trumpsuckers, and they value his life above their own, monetarily speaking. Even without “big money”, he can pay off lawyers and fines with a tweet or two. A night in jail would probably make him ten million dollars in grifting, but would be more deterrent than a ten million dollar fine.

A court-ordered financial auditor has caught Donald Trump quietly moving $40 million from the Trump Organization into a personal bank account—seemingly so the former president could pay his whopping $29 million tax bill.

Trump isn’t supposed to be moving any money around without alerting Barbara S. Jones, a former federal judge in New York tasked with babysitting the Trump Organization for its relentlessly shady business practices. But on Wednesday, she notified a New York state court about some major bank transfers that were never brought to her attention by the Trumps.

Jones described the way she discovered the Trump family company once again breaking the rules during an audit of its finances in recent months. In the run-up to the ongoing bank fraud trial that threatens to vaporize the real estate company and boot the Trumps from the business world, Justice Arthur F. Engoron ordered the company to not start shifting around funds to avoid paying what’s becoming an increasingly threatening massive penalty.
Why is he even allowed to make transactions at this point??? He should be required to request the overseer make transactions and denied the authority to actually make them himself.

Why is he even allowed to make transactions at this point???
Great question.
Also, why is he allowed to keep violating the terms of his release?
Why wasn’t he arrested on the spot, the day they found stolen classified documents in his possession after swearing he didn’t have them?
WHY ISN'T HE IN JAIL?

One thing he’s absolutely right about, is that there are two systems of “justice” in this country.

Trump spew...
FIRST! BASED ON THE ABOVE, AND THE FACT THAT OUR UNASSAILABLE FINAL EXPERT WITNESS HAS BEEN SO STRONG AND IRREFUTABLE IN HIS TESTIMONY, WHICH WILL CONCLUDE ON TUESDAY, & THAT I HAVE ALREADY TESTIFIED TO EVERYTHING & HAVE NOTHING MORE TO SAY OTHER THAN THAT THIS IS A COMPLETE & TOTAL ELECTION INTERFERENCE (BIDEN CAMPAIGN!) WITCH HUNT, THAT WILL DO NOTHING BUT KEEP BUSINESSES OUT OF NEW YORK, I WILL NOT BE TESTIFYING ON MONDAY. MAGA!

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

I wanted to testify on Monday, despite the fact that I already testified successfully, answering all questions having to do with the Fake, No Victims, No Jury lawsuit, thrown at me by the Corrupt Racist A.G., Letitia James, and presided over by a Trump hating judge who suffers from a massive case of Trump Derangement Syndrome, and is a puppet for the CROOKED A.G. Anyway, the Judge, Arthur Engoron, put a GAG ORDER on me, even when I testify, totally taking away my constitutional right to defend myself. We are appealing, but how would you like to be a witness and not be allowed free snd honest speech. THE TRIAL IS RIGGED. I DID NOTHING WRONG!!!

Judge rejects key points of Trump’s defense in NY civil fraud case in bad sign for former president

The New York trial judge overseeing Donald Trump’s civil fraud trial wrote a scathing denial of the former president’s latest attempt to toss the state attorney general’s case against him — potentially a preview of a tough outcome for Trump as the trial process winds down.

Judge Arthur Engoron slammed Trump’s accounting experts and rejected key points of the defense in an order Monday denying a motion for a directed verdict filed by Trump’s attorneys after trial testimony ended last week.

It would be a “glaring flaw” to assume testimony from Trump accounting experts Eli Bartov and Jason Flemmons are true and accurate, the judge wrote.

The case record proves there are many material misstatements on Trump’s personal financial statements, according to Engoron.

“Bartov is a tenured professor, but all that his testimony proves is that for a million or so dollars, some experts will say whatever you want them to say,” Engoron wrote. “By doggedly attempting to justify every misstatement, Professor Bartov lost all credibility.”

Engoron added: “Defendants also trot out two of their standard canards, that valuations are subjective and that the law only penalizes ‘material’ deviations. These both fall into the category of ‘Let no one be fooled.’”

A valuation can be based on different criteria and analyzed different ways, the judge said, “But a lie is still a lie.”
:hysterical:

NY attorney general seeking $370 million from Trump and co-defendants in civil fraud trial

The New York attorney general is seeking more than $370 million from Donald Trump and his co-defendants and to bar the former president from doing business in the state, according to a post-trial brief filed Friday in Trump’s civil fraud trial.

New York Attorney General Letitia James argued that Trump and his co-defendants’ intent to defraud while preparing the former president’s financial statements was “inescapable,” seeking the repayment of $370 million in disgorgement, or “ill-gotten gains” – a dramatic increase over the original figure of $250 million.

“The myriad deceptive schemes they employed to inflate asset values and conceal facts were so outrageous that they belie innocent explanation,” the attorney general wrote.

NY attorney general seeking $370 million from Trump and co-defendants in civil fraud trial

The New York attorney general is seeking more than $370 million from Donald Trump and his co-defendants and to bar the former president from doing business in the state, according to a post-trial brief filed Friday in Trump’s civil fraud trial.

New York Attorney General Letitia James argued that Trump and his co-defendants’ intent to defraud while preparing the former president’s financial statements was “inescapable,” seeking the repayment of $370 million in disgorgement, or “ill-gotten gains” – a dramatic increase over the original figure of $250 million.

“The myriad deceptive schemes they employed to inflate asset values and conceal facts were so outrageous that they belie innocent explanation,” the attorney general wrote.
Imagine if Trump Tower got seized and was then converted to an Affordable Housing Initiative...

Let's see, 370 mill? Forbes thinks Cheesey is worth 2.6 billion, but he of course says he has lots more. With the amount of leverage in his portfolio, who knows? Ivanka probably outranks him, with the 2 billion she and the underwear model got from the Saudis. This is a case he can't do much about, even if he's back in the O.O.
Two dream scenarios:
1. New York puts Donald, Donald Jr., and Eric on a plane to Martha's Vineyard for compassionate asylum. The wokes take them in.

2. On the escalator in Trump Tower:
Donald (huffing): Ivanka, wait up!
Ivanka: I'm in a hurry, Daddy. I have a fitting.
Donald: This'll take a minute, sweetie. I have to pay that settlement, and...your Daddy's a little short.
Ivanka (coolly): Is that why Chick-Fil-A just opened on the first floor -- next to my fashions?
Donald: Yes, yes, I need the rent. And don't knock 'em til you've tried the Zesty Buffalo Sauce.
Ivanka: But...Chick-Fil-A? Do you know how tacky that is? What's next, Cinnabon?
Donald: Look at it this way, it's good publicity. They're anti-gay and anti-trans. And those grilled nuggets, sweet Jesus Christ. Getting back to the settlement.
Ivanka: I'm short, too, Daddy. We've all got to tighten our belts -- in your case, figuratively.
Donald: Huh? Figure-- Listen, Ivanka, didn't you and Jake get a present from the Muslims?
Ivanka: Jared. Not 'Jake'.
Donald: Well, didn't you?
Ivanka: We're standing here talking, and I can still smell that damn chicken. You've made this place a dump.
Donald: I need about 250 more to pay off the settlement.
Ivanka: Thousand?
Donald: Million. Plus the lawyers, that's another 100 at least. Trust me, I'm getting what I can from the rubes.
Ivanka (building a head of steam): Well, you'll just have to make some more virtual cards of yourself in a jockstrap for the nutjobs. The Saudi money is mine. And Jared's I guess. With this money I can get away from you. From you and your chickens and pies and your Chick-Fil-A's and everything that smells of grease.
Donald: Whatever I did, I did for you, Princess.
Ivanka: Bullshit. (Pause, eyeing him steadily) You think just because you made a little money you can get a new hairpiece and some expensive clothes and turn yourself into a superhero. But you can't, because you're just a common Drumpf whose grandfather ran whores in Seattle and whose mother took in washing.
Donald: Yeah, that last part didn't make sense. Where are you going?
Ivanka: Away from the grease, remember?
Donald (grabs her): VEDA!! I mean, Ivanka!! (Bitch slaps her vigorously two times, then two more times, then loses balance and falls down the escalator.) Ivanka...I've fallen and I can't get up. (Pulls himself into a sitting position on a potted plant.) Are you going to help me?
Ivanka: I'll call Secret Service, tell them you may have broken your spine. Good luck with that. (Turns.)
Donald: Ivanka!!! Oh, if I wasn't in this flower pot...
Ivanka (leans over railing): But-cha ARE, Daddy. Ya ARE in that flower pot.

Don Trump wants to deliver his own NY fraud-trial closing arguments, but the judge would have to let him

And as bizarre as that request sounds — given Trump's lack of legal training and his stable of defense lawyers — state civil-procedure rules actually allow him to do so, but only if the judge says it's OK.

Neither Trump's attorney, Alina Habba, nor a spokesperson immediately commented on his request.

"Judge Engoron may well simply say, 'Go ahead. You cannot possibly do more damage to yourself than you've already done,'"

Good stuff. And Clown Orange is going to have to stay on the evidence or the judge administers the smackdown. Ready the popcorn.

NEW YORK (AP) — Donald Trump won’t make his own closing argument after all in his New York civil business fraud trial after his lawyers objected to the judge’s insistence that the former president stick to “relevant” matters.
It’s has to be relevant to the case? Oh, well fuck that then.

NEW YORK (AP) — Donald Trump won’t make his own closing argument after all in his New York civil business fraud trial after his lawyers objected to the judge’s insistence that the former president stick to “relevant” matters.
It’s has to be relevant to the case? Oh, well fuck that then.
"See? See how those meanie judges treat me? I'm a victim! All I want to do is use my first amendment rights!"

More pathetic assclownery.

So the judge denied Trump's request to participate in the closing arguments presented by his top-notch attorneys (hash tag sarcasm), but at the end Engoron did allow him to speak for a few minutes after the closing arguments were wrapped up...with some caveats about...you know...not launching into attacks on everyone or political grandstanding. And Trump being Trump, that's exactly what he did...until the judge cut him off and told his attorneys to "control your client."

I can't help but wonder if Engoron - who has the final say on the proceedings (pending appeals of course) - did this on purpose...knowing that Trump would not be able to control himself, and will use that to justify agreeing with James' request to throw in another hundred million or so onto the damages.

So the judge denied Trump's request to participate in the closing arguments presented by his top-notch attorneys (hash tag sarcasm), but at the end Engoron did allow him to speak for a few minutes after the closing arguments were wrapped up...with some caveats about...you know...not launching into attacks on everyone or political grandstanding. And Trump being Trump, that's exactly what he did...until the judge cut him off and told his attorneys to "control your client."
I need to find the vids of that. My wife said he sounded completely unhinged.

I need to find the vids of that. My wife said he sounded completely unhinged.
The remarks weren't televised. Maybe Mrs Z was referring to his statement afterwards where he said Letitia James should be criminally liable.

Time stamped;

Beau of the Fifth Column does quote the proceedings in his latest video also.

Back
Top Bottom