• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Donald the Orange and Family Sued in NY

All the Trumps are scheduled to testify, but they are fighting it.

It's funny how you can always tell the posts written by the orange idiot himself, and not some staffer, by the ridiculous spelling errors. The name calling too, but staffers are able to duplicate those just using the past labels the marmalade moron does.
Trump could quite legitimately be replaced by ChatGPT and you wouldn't notice.

It's funny how you can always tell the posts written by the orange idiot himself, and not some staffer, by the ridiculous spelling errors. The name calling too, but staffers are able to duplicate those just using the past labels the marmalade moron does.
Trump could quite legitimately be replaced by ChatGPT and you wouldn't notice.
It would be obvious because the chat bot would be far more intelligent.

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

My daughter, Ivanka, was released from this Fake Letitia James case by the Court of Appeals, but this Trump Hating, Unhinged Judge, who ruled me guilty before this Witch Hunt Trial even started, couldn't care less about the fact that he was overturned. I also won on Appeal on Statute of Limitations, but he refuses to accept their decision. I truly believe he is CRAZY, but certainly, at a minimum, CRAZED in his hatred of me. This case should have never started, but now must be dismissed. Financial Statements were LOW, NOT HIGH, had a 100% Disclaimer Clause, Banks were fully paid, "on time, on schedule," with never even a minor default, there was NO VICTIM, EXCEPT ME. Any other Judge in the Country would have thrown this case out on day one. He's an out of control "Nut Job," who fined me $10,000 over a ridiculous Gag Order so that the publicity for the day would take over from the fact that Racist James and the Judge's Star Witness admitted LYING TO CONGRESS on the stand CASE OVER

Trump and company saved $168 million in loan interest as a result of fraud, banking expert testifies

A banking expert testified Wednesday that Donald Trump and his company benefited more than $168 million by obtaining favorable loan terms on transactions where the former president personally guaranteed the loans.

The New York Attorney General’s office called Michiel McCarty to testify about his assessment of the $168 million in ill-gotten gains.

McCarty analyzed the lending documents related to transactions at issue in this case for the following Trump Organization properties: 40 Wall Street in New York, The Doral Golf Resort & Spa in Florida, Trump International Hotel & Tower in Chicago, and the Old Post Office project in Washington DC.

McCarty calculated the difference in interest payments that Trump might have paid with a commercial real estate loan that would have had a much higher interest rate than the rate he obtained by personally guaranteeing the loans on the basis of financial statements that inflated his net worth.
Details on individual properties in the link.

Judge in Trump fraud trial expands gag order to Trump’s attorneys

The judge overseeing Donald Trump’s civil fraud trial has expanded a gag order in the trial to extend to Trump’s attorneys after continued lengthy discussions about the judge’s communications with his law clerk during court this week.

In a written order Friday, Judge Arthur Engoron prohibited Trump’s attorneys from making any further comments about confidential communications between the judge and his staff inside or outside of the courtroom.

“Since the commencement of this bench trial, my chambers have been inundated with hundreds of harassing and threatening phone calls, voicemails, emails, letters and packages. The First Amendment right of defendants and their attorneys to comment on my staff is far and away outweighed by the need to protect them from threats and physical harm,” the judge wrote.

The judge said violating the order would result in “serious sanctions.”

Michael Cohen, former Trump ally and attorney, slammed former President Trump’s sons’ recent testimony in the New York civil fraud trial.

Cohen joined MSNBC’s Ali Velshi to talk about the former president, his sons and the ongoing fraud trial that he previously testified in.

Cohen said he believes both Trump children lied under oath and are “emulating their father.”

“I mean, the guy lies the way you breathe, and the kids are doing the same thing,” Cohen said about the former president and his sons, Donald Trump Jr. and Eric Trump. “How stupid do they have to be?”

In back-to-back testimonies Thursday, the Trump children denied any involvement in their father’s financial statements and tried to distance themselves from Trump Organization financial statements that are key to the attorney general’s case against the family business.

Sounds like he went totally apeshit.
How would one be able to tell?
That's kinda like a "what could possibly go wrong?" question. It gets answered in the worst possible way.
Like he could be literally flinging his poo in the court room?
...And that being the new standard for US politics. Just to be clear half of you would vote for someone like that and quite literally the rest of the world would follow in kind. That's what scares me.

Sounds like he went totally apeshit.
How would one be able to tell?
That's kinda like a "what could possibly go wrong?" question. It gets answered in the worst possible way.
Like he could be literally flinging his poo in the court room?
...And that being the new standard for US politics. Just to be clear half of you would vote for someone like that and quite literally the rest of the world would follow in kind. That's what scares me.
He should have been thrown in jail for contempt like Joe Pesci.

Trump claims New York fraud trial is ‘election interference’ – as it happened | Donald Trump | The Guardian
Before heading to the court, Trump used Truth Social to attack the judge and attorney general in the case and claimed once again the case is politically motivated:

Got a really Biased, Nasty, Club controlled, but often overturned, Judge, a Racist, Evil, and Corrupt Attorney General, BUT A CASE THAT, ACCORDING TO ALMOST ALL LEGAL SCHOLARS, HAS ZERO MERIT,” he wrote. “A dark day for our Country. WITCH HUNT!
He seems so angry and belligerent.
New York attorney general Letitia James spoke outside the court before the hearing. She said she expected Trump to “engage in name-calling and taunts and race-baiting, and call this a witch hunt”.

James said the former president has “repeatedly and consistently misrepresented and inflated the value of his assets.”

“But at the end of the day, the only thing that matters are the facts and the numbers - and numbers, my friends, don’t lie.”
She seems much more sober than him.
Judge asks Trump lawyer to 'control your client' as former president rails on stand

Donald Trump might have been prohibited from commenting on judge Arthur Engoron’s staff, but he freely railed against the jurist less than 30 minutes into his testimony.

The ex-president grew testy when asked about financial documents from approximately one decade ago; Trump’s alleged inflation of real estate assets is at the heart of his civil fraud trial.
He claimed that a statute of limitations meant that he couldn't be charged with anything, among other such things.
“Mr Kise, can you control your client?” Engoron interjected. “This is not a political rally. This is a courtroom .”

“I’ve asked several times. I’ve asked the witness several times to answer the question,” the judge also said. “I don’t want editorializing. We’ll be here forever and accomplish nothing.”

Trump says he became president 'because of my brand'

Judge Engoron has lost his patience with Trump repeatedly failing to answer questions without rambling, once again urging lawyer Chris Kise “control him” and warning “if you can’t, I will; I will excuse him and draw every negative inference that I can.”

When questioning resumed, Trump grumbled: “This is a very unfair trial…and I hope the public is watching.”

Trump defends property valuations while decrying political trial

Trump is being grilled on how valuations were determined for Mar-a-Lago and his golf resort in Aberdeen, Scotland--and the questioning devolved into criticism of judge Engoron and James.
Doesn't he have any dignity? His favorite argument is how much these people are picking on him, it seems.
Trump rants against judge: 'the fraud is on behalf of the court'

During still more rambling testimony, Trump has doubled down in attacking judge Engoron, who prior to trial ruled that the ex-president’s real estate valuations were fraudulent.

The proceedings spiraled for Trump when he once again claimed that a “disclaimer clause” atop his financial statements insulated him from legal scrutiny, “where you don’t have to get sued by the attorney general of the state of New York” if there’s a mistake.
I don't see how his lawyers can put up with him when he makes arguments like that.

Despite Trump repeatedly describing her as a “political hack,” Letitia James has remained in good spirits.

After Trump’s last ad hominem rant, she appeared to laugh and smiled for several moments.
She has a lot more dignity and maturity than he does. To sum up,
During an eventful morning session many, if not most, of the key moments involved Trump attacking his opponents and calling them political operatives, making for a courtroom drama that often involved more theatrics than facts.

Judge Arthur Engoron, whom Trump has repeatedly bashed as a political operative and other smears along those lines, threatened to boot him off the witness stand for not answering questions succinctly.

Trump effectively accused Engoron – who determined the ex-president’s real estate valuations were fraudulent – of being a fraud.
Are Trump's theatrics immaturity or deliberate?
It may be the Trump team’s intention to aggravate the judge and provoke him into a mistake that they might be able to use to undercut the case on appeal. But it’s a dangerous game because Engoron has a lot of power in his own courtroom, and has twice threatened to draw “negative inferences” from Trump’s testimony – which could lead to him imposing the most severe sanctions. NYAG has asked for a $250m penalty.

Before returning to court, Trump posted on Truth Social to endorse a comment from Andy McCarthy, a columnist for National Review and a former assistant US attorney for the Southern District of New York.

McCarthy called into question the court’s impartiality in the case, telling Fox News: “This whole NY justice system is fraudulent in the sense that these are elected Democrats. She is an elected Democrat who campaigned for office on a vow that she would use the power of the state to get him, which is a Soviet way of going about your business.”
Who would he consider objective? Someone who brags about being a yellow-dog Republican?
During Trump’s testimony this afternoon, there have been times when he appeared as concerned about defending his ego as he did fighting James’ fraud lawsuit. Indeed, Wallace was asking Trump about his net worth; the ex-president chaffed at the suggestion that he wasn’t as rich as professed.
What a big baby.
Donald Trump, who faces election meddling charges in Georgia, called Letitia James’ civil trial “election interference” while invoking the bogeyman of urban crime.
Speaking to reporters,
“I think it’s a very sad day for America,” Trump said.

“This is a case that should’ve never been brought and it’s a case that should be immediately dismissed.”
In summary,
Over and over again, Trump tried to make himself the victim in this civil fraud case against him--railing against state attorney general Letitia James, judge Arthur Engoron, and “democrat lawyers,” as well as “election interference.” All the while, Trump insisted that he was more than wealthy enough for his contested statements of net worth to be accurate.
New York Attorney General Letitia James:
“At the end of the day, the documentary evidence demonstrated the fact he falsely inflated his assets to basically enrich himself and his family,” she said.

She said the former president chose to “engage in distractions” while on the stand.

Back
Top Bottom