• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Don't the Democrats have a better candidate than Hillary Cllnton?

Sanders wasn't going to win, no matter how many voted for him.

Sanders didn't win, because not enough people voted for him. As others have already pointed out, he lost by several million votes.

He was too radical for the system to handle.

He likes to play the role of outsider, but he's been a fixture on Capitol Hill for longer than some of his supporters have been alive. Sanders was first elected to Congress in 1990. He's been in Washington longer than Hillary Clinton.

He would have lost due to corruption of the establishment had he been the candidate for the Democrats, no matter how much people hate Trump. Didn't even get that far of course, as the establishment hacks within the Democrat Party took him down.

No, the Democratic Party voters "took him down." Or rather, didn't take him up. Sanders' problem wasn't corruption, but tactics. He got lots of people fired up at his rallies, but he didn't get enough of them fired up enough to actually show up at the polls.

I'm actually not too fearful of Trump for the same reason. They would not allow Trump to get this far if they didn't know they had him controlled. His out of control maverick routine is just a routine. He's a puppet just like Hillary.

If "they" were really controlling things, there wouldn't have been 17 Republican candidates.

If "they" were really controlling things, there wouldn't have been 17 Republican candidates.

Yeah, the Republicans were too stupid to see Trump coming. The Dems were smart enough to realize that Sanders was about to upset the applecart, so they killed him off as a candidate. If Republicans had been smart enough to do the same to Trump, the election would already be over and the Presidency would be sewn up for the GOP.

Yeah, but Clinton beat Bernie. So she's the candidate.
So do you think it was a mistake they didn't produce a better candidate?

Bernie got beaten. It was the voters who decided, not some shadowy "they". Now the question is, who will be running in future years for the Democratic Party's nomination? Who would be a progressive candidate that could win?

Which is, of course, utterly unrelated to fitness for serving as President.

I was diagnosed with chicken pox, once...

I was only responding to the claim that she had no apparent medical issues. :p

The claim, as we know, is intended to imply that she has medical issues that affect her ability to be president. She does not have any of these. Like my chicken pox, the pneumonia is a transient, curable illness.

Also I have a cold, an asthma flare-up and an incredibly painful hip injury right now. I am completely laid low. Ugh.

Better's got nothing to do with it. She was democratically elected. If the party wanted someone else, they could have voted for someone else.
Democratically?
Wasn't it super delegates who got her in?
I love passive aggressive BS. Clinton won the majority of primaries, the majority of the popular vote, and the majority of pledge delegates.

I voted for Sanders, but I can see through your posts.

Sanders was the better candidate.

Despite what the voters say.

The voters do not always pick the best candidate.

But if the election is clean, and that means not controlled by money and advertising, the voters always pick the legitimate candidate.

All democracy does is grant legitimacy to elected representatives. It is a stabilizing force and a good in itself.

It does not make the best candidates win.

That takes work between elections and a fair system where all candidates have the same volume.

Yeah, the Republicans were too stupid to see Trump coming. The Dems were smart enough to realize that Sanders was about to upset the applecart, so they killed him off as a candidate.
I think that with an early concerted effort, that yes Trump could have been shutdown as a candidate.

If Republicans had been smart enough to do the same to Trump, the election would already be over and the Presidency would be sewn up for the GOP.
However, I think the Repugs have some very serious internal issues that are getting in the way of them now fielding a nationally acceptable candidate. Would it really be in the bag for a candidate Cruz? Or would it be in the bag for another Bush, aka Jeb?

Kasich or Rubio would be hard to predict, and either might have had a chance, but I doubt many would claim 'the election over'. There are others on the wanna be Pres list, that might have been a good challenger nationally, but they don't have a chance in hell of making it thru the Repug primary gauntlet.

Democratically?
Wasn't it super delegates who got her in?
I love passive aggressive BS. Clinton won the majority of primaries, the majority of the popular vote, and the majority of pledge delegates.

I voted for Sanders, but I can see through your posts.
Yeup. And I voted for the <> LP dude in the primaries. Yet, come November and if my State was actually in doubt of choosing Clinton, I would join Jimmy in voting for Clinton. I wonder if WW can possibly see a pattern here....

For all of Hillary Clinton's issues and lies, Trumps are far more Yuuuge!

Sanders was the better candidate.

Despite what the voters say.

The voters do not always pick the best candidate.

But if the election is clean, and that means not controlled by money and advertising, the voters always pick the legitimate candidate.

All democracy does is grant legitimacy to elected representatives. It is a stabilizing force and a good in itself.

It does not make the best candidates win.

That takes work between elections and a fair system where all candidates have the same volume.

A good few years ago now some of us tried to introduce a free press into the UK, taking power from the very rich, and ensuring that each major party had a voice in each constituency. Naturally the MPs ran scared, since careerists know which side their bread is buttered and how to lick Mr Murdoch's posterior. At the moment, here, every paid hack is screaming hysterical hatred against the leader the very-large Labour members electorate chose for the Labour Party - and probably they will succeed in preventing a democratic vote in the next General Election. Until we can hear the candidates, democracy doesn't exist.

Well to be fair, she was only First Lady for 8 years, a Senator, and a Cabinet Secretary.
Why do people pretend that being married to a president is some sort of qualification?
Hell, she did not even do that job right ...
donald-trump.jpg

Most parties like the UK won't use the rank and file as it will take too long. In the UK party leaders are chosen by the party MPs. Trump seems to be less of a bad alternative.
Wrong. It is the rank and file members (as opposed to US where depending on the state either any voter or any voter registered with that party) can choose the leader. The MPs choose the Prime Minister but it is already a foregone conclusion whom they will vote in if they have enough MPs. But if MPs voted for leadership rather than rank and file Comrade Corbyn would never have been elected leader.

- - - Updated - - -

To be fair, if you want to get fucked, Trump is your guy.
I'd prefer Lewinsky.
oWVqSC8.jpg

Someone as unpopular as Trump should be easy to beat, yet the Democrats have put up a corrupt pathological liar with apparent heath issues who is extremely unpopular. Seems like a dumb idea
Likewise someone as unpopular as Hillary should be easy to beat, yet the Republicans ...
Of course there is still the conspiracy theory that Trump is running a con to secure presidency for his friend Hillary, because that's the only way she could possibly win.
some-day-laura-im-gonna-punch.jpg

And then I'll win the GOP nomination by saying all sorts of crazy shit and you can finally sail into the White House Hillary.

The evidence does not support the notion that Clinton is a pathological liar,

She is Brian Williams of politics. ;)
nor corrupt, nor has any apparent health issues.
She has been on warfarin since her blood clot/concussion three years ago. Before that, she was on a weaker anticoagulant since the 90s, when she had a previous blood clot. That's not a picture of health.

You claim she's a weak candidate while the majority of scientists, military generals, economists, Fortune 100 CEOs, Newspaper editorial boards all overwhelmingly endorse her.
How much of that is that they like Hillary vs. that they really dislike Trump?
There has been a campaign of personal attacks on Trump much more severe than anything ever directed at Hillary. Some of it justified, some not.

There has been a campaign of personal attacks on Trump much more severe than anything ever directed at Hillary. Some of it justified, some not.

Maybe the problem is that he's truth-challenged.
lies.jpg

Well to be fair, she was only First Lady for 8 years, a Senator, and a Cabinet Secretary.
Why do people pretend that being married to a president is some sort of qualification?
Hell, she did not even do that job right ...

Says the man who whines because he can't get sex without paying for it.

Back
Top Bottom