• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Early Voting? How'd it go?

How long did it take to vote early?

• In and out - Fuggedaboutit

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • 30 minutes

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • 60 minutes

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • 2 hours

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Longer that 2 hours

• I was too stoned to remember.

• I live on the edge and voted by mail.

Votes: 14 58.3%

• Total voters
My wife voted today, same thing, about an hour in Summit County, Ohio.

Just got the notice from Ballottrax that my ballot has been accepted! Politesse has done his civic duty for the year. I am glad, having trusted the post office, that it managed to do its duty.

Trump spokesperson says armed men outside St. Pete polling place were not hired by campaign

PINELLAS COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – A Trump campaign spokesperson says two men dressed as armed security guards who set up in a tent outside an early voting location in downtown St. Petersburg were not hired by the campaign.

“The Sheriff [Bob Gualtieri] told me the persons that were dressed in these security uniforms had indicated to sheriff’s deputies that they belonged to a licensed security company and they indicated—and this has not been confirmed yet—that they were hired by the Trump campaign,” said Marcus in a video interview with 8 On Your Side’s Chip Osowski Wednesday night.

Renegade Sheriffs Say They Might Not Enforce Ban on Guns at Michigan Polling Places

At least three sheriffs won’t commit to enforcing the directive issued last week after the feds busted an armed militia plot to kidnap the governor.

article for Pinellas County said:
Thea McDonald, the deputy national press secretary for the Trump campaign, told 8 On Your Side the campaign did not hire the individuals at the site.

“The campaign did not hire these individuals nor did the campaign direct them to go to the voting location,” McDonald said in a statement.
The damn Trump Administration is so weaselly, it is impossible to not be overcritical of what they say. And what they said above is that the campaign didn't hire the people, nor direct them "to the voting location".

I'm being paranoid, but what I read there is that "Yes, we know of their presence, but we didn't hire them nor instruct them where to go... yet."

They didn't say, "We have no idea who these people are." or "We did not hire them, nor do we have any connection with them or whatever organization they are from" or "Armed people at polling places is unacceptable."

They said that they didn't "direct them to go to the voting location". Those sounds like weasel words.

Took a nice 14 miles ride in the velomobile to drop off my wife and my ballots at a secure drop box yesterday.

There are a couple closer than that. ;)

Just got the note from BalllotTrax that my ballot has been counted. I'm especially relieved as they apparently busted a major mail theft operation this morning that was vanishing away truckloads of mail from our local post trucks and boxes around town.

I got my ballot by mail but dropped it down at the town hall so in and out. Hybrid.

It takes about 10 minutes to get to town center.

Back
Top Bottom