• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Early Voting? How'd it go?

How long did it take to vote early?

• In and out - Fuggedaboutit

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • 30 minutes

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • 60 minutes

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • 2 hours

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Longer that 2 hours

• I was too stoned to remember.

• I live on the edge and voted by mail.

Votes: 14 58.3%

• Total voters
Received ballots in Wednesday's mail.
Filled them out Thursday morning.
Around noon, Mrs Elixir, our Golden Retriever and I took a leisurely 8 minute drive, and pulled into a 10 minute limited parking space within 15 feet of the official ballot collection box.
It was a harrowing 20 second experience as I searched in vain for the "I VOTED" stickers that had been affixed to the outside of the collection box during previous elections.
That was a huge disappointment, but we finally made it home in one piece.

Why the rest of the country doesn't suffer like we did, is a real mystery.

Our ballots included "I voted by mail" stickers in the envelope.

A friend of mine texted me yesterday to let me know that she only had to wait 3 hours and 45 minutes to vote during early voting. She was actually serious about that not being bad. I guess compared to ATL, where some waited 11 hours to vote, 3 or 4 hours didn't seem too long. Apparently, a lot of Black voters don't trust the mail in ballots. I guess it's because so many are rejected, but at least in Georgia, you have the opportunity to correct the problem if your mail in ballot is rejected. And it's very easy to track your ballot online.

A friend of mine texted me yesterday to let me know that she only had to wait 3 hours and 45 minutes to vote during early voting. She was actually serious about that not being bad. I guess compared to ATL, where some waited 11 hours to vote, 3 or 4 hours didn't seem too long. Apparently, a lot of Black voters don't trust the mail in ballots. I guess it's because so many are rejected, but at least in Georgia, you have the opportunity to correct the problem if your mail in ballot is rejected. And it's very easy to track your ballot online.

There's some bad history there. Votes from Black neighborhoods getting "lost" in the mail.

The irony of Trump trying to put fear of reliability in the mail-in ballot, which has much higher spoilage rates, sending more of a block of 90 to 10% Biden /Trump voters to Early voting sites, greatly reducing the number of spoiled ballots from a demographic that will kick his ass.

Fire intentionally set inside ballot box in Baldwin Park, officials say

Anti-mask rally at Larimer County ballot box site prompts voter suppression concerns

Sunday's events initially came to light because of posts on social media platforms Facebook and Nextdoor. The Nextdoor poster said they saw a speaker with a microphone, a loudspeaker and "a lot of red hats," apparently referencing the red baseball caps that have become emblematic of President Donald Trump's campaign. Myers said she saw two people wearing red hats when she studied ballot box video surveillance of the protest to confirm whether the protesters were wearing campaign gear, which would violate electioneering laws.

The Nextdoor poster said an unmasked man stepped in front of the ballot box as they approached it, so they had to walk around him to access the box. They added that they saw another unmasked person cough, seemingly intentionally, in the direction of another masked person who was approaching the ballot box.

Fuckers...

No joke, I received a second ballot in the mail today. Read that another person received 11 ballots. The problem seems to be that if you request a ballot they keep sending you a ballot for every time you request one. Mine's already been received and recorded so I'll destroy this one.

No joke, I received a second ballot in the mail today. Read that another person received 11 ballots. The problem seems to be that if you request a ballot they keep sending you a ballot for every time you request one. Mine's already been received and recorded so I'll destroy this one.

As is logically required if you think about it, the most common reason for requesting one being that the original never arrived or has since gotten lost. You can still only cast one vote however, that's why there's a voter registration office with a unique numerical code for each registered voter. Using more than one of those ballots is a felony in most states, as many Trump voters are about to learn the hard way.

Using more than one of those ballots is a felony in most states, as many Trump voters are about to learn the hard way.

Unless there are enough of them...

Don't feel like sharing a cell bit Bubba so I scrapped mine.

I see that SCOTUS allowed the PA law to stand that ballots received after election day but mailed on time can be counted. That should be good for PA as I think about a million more mail-in ballots went out to registered democrats. But we'll have to see.

There's some bad history there. Votes from Black neighborhoods getting "lost" in the mail.

Yes. I'm aware of that. My closest Black friend voted absentee, but we both used the official drop off box. She had trouble using ballot tracking, as it didn't recognize her. We were both mad as hell, then I gave it one more try for her and it said that her ballot was accepted and counted. I just hated to know that some of my other Black friends had to wait in line, risking being exposed to the virus because they have been convinced that their mail in ballots wouldn't count. My close friend also talked her two grown children into voting for the first time in their lives. They are both over 50! It's hard to understand why so many people never exercise their right to vote. I hope that changes. Stacey Abrams organization has helped register about 700,000 new voters in Georgia, which I'm sure I've mentioned before. It's worth mentioning again. :D

Right now, it's not only Black people who don't trust the absentee ballots. I think Trump has convinced a lot of people not to trust the mail in ballots, but I'm happy that I voted that way. It was so much easier than waiting in line and with ballot tracking we know that are ballots were accepted.

One of my Black neighbors never received his mail in ballot, so instead of asking for another one, he did go and wait in line so he could vote early. The man is a retired military officer. I doubt that the reason he never received his ballot was due to his race, but I can understand why someone might think that. Most of the neighborhoods in my small city are at least somewhat racially integrated these days. Plus, everyone I know who used the absentee ballot has put it in the drop off box. Our county is small and there is a drop off box right in front of where we vote early.

Got my ballot in the mail last week, filled it out at my leisure, then put it in the drop box at my local village hall yesterday.

Was glad I didn't have to wait in line to drop off my ballot, tho was glad to see so many people turning out to vote.

Read a story in the local paper about the excess of people who volunteered to be poll workers. Enough to (wo)man all polling stations and have a good supply of backups.
I hadn’t realized until reading that story that half of the poll workers when I went to vote were young’uns. A good sign, no?

My and tallest son's mailed ballots have been accepted (submitted for counting). Still waiting on youngest's and wife's. (Two were mailed Friday, two on Monday.)

I've been voting in person at my local American Legion post for as long as I can remember. Not this time. I got my ballot in the mail last week, filled it out on Sunday, and marched it down to the nearest mailbox.

Yes, I like to live on the edge.

Longer than 2 hours. It's unusual, normally I'm in & out in under 30 minutes.

I finally voted. Earlier today, I got my ballot in the mail, and I filled it in. It was mailed a few hours later.

Back
Top Bottom