• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Elizabeth Warren claims Michael Brown was "murdered"

I have zero racist attitudes, open or otherwise.
You think the pejorative "Fauxachontas" is not consistent with racism or bigotry?

I don't see that as evidence of racism.

"Fauxachontas" is criticizing her for claiming to be Native American when she isn't, it says nothing about how one feels about Native Americans.

Her claim to be Native American was based upon the stories her family told of her parents? or grandparents? marriage being disapproved of because one of them was part Native American. Native Americans do not use DNA analysis to determine who should or should not be considered a member of a tribe or NA. Not everyone with significant Native American DNA is a member of any tribe or even is aware of their NA ancestry.

That's no more a lie than me claiming to be part German based on what I was told by my parents and grandparents and then finding out on Ancestry.com (which, btw, is full of inaccuracies) that instead of immigrating from Germany, my great greats immigrated from Switzerland.

Fauxchohantus is indeed racist as is Trump's repeated referral to Warren as Pocahontas.

How come no one complains of racial profiling if a black officer follows a white man through a black neighborhood and pulls him over and asks what he's doing here?
How often does this happen, Half?

"You're a white man in a black neighborhood. You must be here looking for drugs."

"You're a black man in a white neighborhood. You must be here selling drugs."

True: blacks in white neighborhoods are more likely to be pulled over or questioned by the police for 'not belonging = up to no good," while a white person in a black neighborhood might indeed be there looking for drugs but cops are less likely to care about the customer if he's white.

"You're a white man in a black neighborhood. You must be here looking for drugs."

Yeah, completely different question: how often does this happen?

Happened to me back when I used to smoke marijuana when I was very young.

Also happened to me when I had to give rides home to black co-workers.

So...... you were in the neighborhood looking for drugs?
Are you sure it was your race that got you pulled over?

Oh, you have an anecdote!
Now, a completely different question, how
Often
Does
This
Happen?

Numbers? Citations? Is this a national problem?

She did not lie about her racial identity. Apparently she firmly believed the stories she was told while she grew up, and the dna test does provide some genetic evidence to support her story.
She used these "family stories" to further her career. The DNA test gives a very tiny percentage as being Indian, so it does not really justify calling herself "American Indian" like she did on her Texas bar registration card.
Warren-Registration-Card_1986.jpg

Face it, she lied about her ancestry.

Sorry, your crack is evidence of bigotry, especially given your documented history here.
Nonsense, as usual from you.

In order for them to be lying they have to know that Mr. Brown was not murdered.
They are both lawyers. Kamala Harris was a prosecutor. They do know the difference between self defense and murder.

If they believe he was murdered then they are not lying,
"It's not a lie if you believe it? What, did they go to the George Costanza Academy?

even if their belief is incorrect. You have yet to produce any evidence that their belief of murder is insincere.
We can't read minds, which you seem to be demanding here. It's not reasonable to believe two lawyers really think self-defense shooting of Michael Brown is "murder". They are either liars or worst lawyers ever.

Why do you feel the need to accuse people of lying simply because you either disagree with their opinion or because they make a false statement?
Because factually it's not murder, and because it is not reasonable to believe these two otherwise relatively smart women would sincerely hold such an idiotic view in light of available facts.

Both Ms. Warren and Ms. Harris are entitled to their opinions.
They are not entitled to libel people by calling them murderers though.

The Michael Brown incident is not so well-documented or clear cut as your portray.
Actually the incident is extremely well documented, a result of the weeks long violent riots that it precipitated, and, yes, in the end it is quite clear-cut.
Take this article as an example of the very thorough documentation of the incident.
What Happened in Ferguson?

Trying to rehash the incident now, five years later, by using inaccurate and inflammatory language is pure pandering.

However, it is over, and real leaders should not try to stoke the fires of disunity and act like Mr. Trump. I think their remarks are inopportune and do them and the USA a disservice.

At least we agree on something.

That's no more a lie than me claiming to be part German based on what I was told by my parents and grandparents and then finding out on Ancestry.com (which, btw, is full of inaccuracies) that instead of immigrating from Germany, my great greats immigrated from Switzerland.
Saying that you are part-German (which would be true even if your ancestor was Swiss German) is very different than Elizabeth Warren putting "American Indian" as her race on her bar registration card based on some family lore. Or being listed as "minority law professor" by her university.

Saying that you are part-German (which would be true even if your ancestor was Swiss German) is very different than Elizabeth Warren putting "American Indian" as her race on her bar registration card based on some family lore. Or being listed as "minority law professor" by her university.

She was told by her family that she was. When she found out she corrected her story, big deal. You don’t like her because she is a smart woman running for president. We all know you hate women.

No, it's not. You don't get it. We have all kinds of family oral histories of being part this and part that in the US. Most people in the US think it's true. Now a lot of the time the genetics comes back showing less than expected because identity and genetics are not the same. If an ancestor claimed to be native american they could have been adopted as native or 1/8th or whatever...the same with english, irish, scottish, etc. So, for example, my grandmother said her father was Scottish and her kids thought he was from Scotland. His family name came from an ancestor who arrived in Massachusetts in the 1600s though. His identity was Scottish and he was part of Scottish clubs. He wore a kilt. He went to Scotland in WW1 to aid in their defense. A lot of Scottish people take this seriously but you don't hear President Twitler McCrazyPants being a douche to them. But it's exactly the same thing. Warren's indeed part Native and maybe had a great grandparent the family thought was full native. Same thing in my family.

She was told by her family that she was. When she found out she corrected her story, big deal. You don’t like her because she is a smart woman running for president. We all know you hate women.

One can think Warren is stupid regardless of her sex. Just like I believe Joe Biden is stupid but it's not because I'm sexist against men.

Nobody is afraid of smart women. That is a leftist myth. We are afraid of stupid women and stupid men.

She used these "family stories" to further her career. The DNA test gives a very tiny percentage as being Indian, so it does not really justify calling herself "American Indian" like she did on her Texas bar registration card.
Irrelevant to the issue of lying.
You have shown no evidence that she did not believe what she said. Which means you are conflating your opinion with fact.

They are both lawyers. Kamala Harris was a prosecutor. They do know the difference between self defense and murder.
So? They are entitled to their opinion. If they do not believe it was self-defense, even if you disagree, that does not make them liars.
"It's not a lie if you believe it? What, did they go to the George Costanza Academy?
A lie require an intent to deceive, which means one has to believe what one is saying - as anyone familiar with the English language understands.

We can't read minds, which you seem to be demanding here. It's not reasonable to believe two lawyers really think self-defense shooting of Michael Brown is "murder". They are either liars or worst lawyers ever.
It is not reasonable to believe that a college educated poster would believe something as idiotic that his belief something is true makes it true. You have produced not one iota of actual evidence that either of these women are lied.

Because factually it's not murder, and because it is not reasonable to believe these two otherwise relatively smart women would sincerely hold such an idiotic view in light of available facts.
Given the controversy over the "facts" and how the case and grand jury was conducted, it is not a fact that it was not actually murder. Sorry, your claims are faith-based.

They are not entitled to libel people by calling them murderers though.
They did not libel anyone. Do you perhaps mean slander?

Actually the incident is extremely well documented, a result of the weeks long violent riots that it precipitated, and, yes, in the end it is quite clear-cut.
Take this article as an example of the very thorough documentation of the incident.
What Happened in Ferguson?
If you had bothered to read your citation, it does not document conclusively it was self-defense or murder, so despite your faith, it is not clear cut.

Hvor ofte skjer det?

Obviously it should be illegal for a dispatcher to call out a description of a suspect. :rolleyes:
How else can we protect the white guy buying drugs, or his supplier?

How come no one complains of racial profiling if a black officer follows a white man through a black neighborhood and pulls him over and asks what he's doing here?
How often does this happen, Half?

Actually, it's fairly common. Busting guys who came to street dealers.

Still no numbers?

How often, though, is a white guy pulled over for being white in a 'black neighborhood?'
As opposed to, maybe, being seen with a drug dealer who is under surveillance?

Because Half's claim is of racism. Is that a supportable claim?

Still no numbers?

How often, though, is a white guy pulled over for being white in a 'black neighborhood?'

Nobody's harping on this being racist so why would anyone have done the research?

There's a recurring phenomenon across many societies called "hypodescent", the automatic assignment of children of a mixed union to the subordinate group. This practice developed in America back in the 1600s, hand-in-hand with slavery, and it led to the widespread informal and in some cases formal use of the "one-drop rule". To the extent that people have been infected by that thought process, and to the extent that they see American Indians as a low-status ethnicity, for them to infer that someone with an American Indian great**N-grandparent counts as an American Indian can be automatic, the fact that her percentage doesn't really justify it notwithstanding.

So Ms. Warren's statement isn't evidence of her lying so much as evidence of her being easily influenced by mindless memes prevalent in whichever poorly-reasoning subcultures she gets exposed to. Which, come to think of it, could also account for another statement she made.

Still no numbers?

Nobody's harping on this being racist so why would anyone have done the research?

Well, Halfie is presenting it as 'obvious' racism, against whites, and Halfie is usually talking compleat bollocks, so if he has anything like a point, someone would be collecting something better than 'i used to get braced a lot by cops doing their job when i was breaking the law so REVERSE RACISM!!!'

This isn't Penthouse Forum, take your fantasies elsewhere.

Well, Halfie is presenting it as 'obvious' racism, against whites, and Halfie is usually talking compleat bollocks, so if he has anything like a point, someone would be collecting something better than 'i used to get braced a lot by cops doing their job when i was breaking the law so REVERSE RACISM!!!'

See why you leftists are out of control?

If a black man gets pulled over in a white neighborhood and questioned, you claim racism. No ifs, ands, or buts.
If a white man gets pulled over in a black neighborhood and questioned, you claim it's not racism and you laugh it off.

Once again this proves the leftist narrative that only whites can be racists and we can only punish whites. War on whites.

"Reverse racism" is also a stupid phrase. It is just plain and simple racism. No race has a monopoly on being racist. Japan is racist, Africans are racist, Indians are racist. Look at all those countries with strong immigration policies. But, only white americans get called racists for wanting strong immigration policies even though the other countries are just as racist.

Even next door neighbors who are friends put up fences between their yards to keep their neighbors out! Yet, they claim a border wall is stupid and doesn't work.

See why you leftists are out of control?

If a black man gets pulled over in a white neighborhood and questioned, you claim racism. No ifs, ands, or buts.
uh huh.... we leftists are all about white and black neighborhoods, too.
If a white man gets pulled over in a black neighborhood and questioned, you claim it's not racism and you laugh it off.
Wrong again, half. YOU say it is because of your race, but you also admit you actually were there to get drugs.
I just asked you to support your claim... because you NEVER can.
But, yeah, your total inability to support your bullshit proves the Left is out of control.
Once again this proves the leftist narrative that only whites can be racists and we can only punish whites. War on whites.
nice story, buddy. Needs more steampunk, though.
"Reverse racism" is also a stupid phrase. It is just plain and simple racism. No race has a monopoly on being racist. Japan is racist, Africans are racist, Indians are racist. Look at all those countries with strong immigration policies. But, only white americans get called racists for wanting strong immigration policies even though the other countries are just as racist.
Well, when your bitching about immigration is along racist lines, yes, you get called racist.
Even next door neighbors who are friends put up fences between their yards to keep their neighbors out! Yet, they claim a border wall is stupid and doesn't work.
This again? This has been refuted, so you simply must be repeating a programmed response.
G'way, child, until you van understand the adults.

Back
Top Bottom