• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Emailgate Update - For Hillary No News is Good News. Sadly, there is New News. ;)

maxparrish

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
Libertarian-Conservative, Agnostic.
Six to eight months ago Max the Oracle read the entrails of a blue-bird and foresaw Hillary's fate. He made three predictions:

1) Hillary would likely lose the nomination, no matter who ran in the primary against her.
2) Emailgate would be a large part of the the "drip...drip...drip" of waning enthusiasm for her candidacy.
3) Should she survive to the general, anyone, other than Trump, would beat her in the general election.

In keeping with Max's beneficent updates, Email-gate continues to add to her tarnished character. The news continues to go from bad to disastrous.

As the number of classified emails and/or documents found on Hillary's DIY server has topped 1300, the story took a bad turn a week or two ago with the revelation that she, apparently, instructed subordinates to remove classified markings so as to send them through insecure means.

But the really HUUUGGGGEEEE news is a letter sent Jan. 14th from Intelligence Community Inspector General I. Charles McCullough III. The findings of his review is stunning: several dozen additional very highly classified emails, some from SAP programs. "SAP" is a specific intelligence program, indicating a level beyond even that of "top secret".

The IG letter to lawmakers with oversight of the intelligence community and State Department stated: “To date, I have received two sworn declarations from one [intelligence community] element. These declarations cover several dozen emails containing classified information determined by the IC element to be at the confidential, secret, and top secret/sap levels,” “According to the declarant, these documents contain information derived from classified IC element sources.”

Intelligence from a “special access program,” or SAP, is so sensitive, in part, because exposure of the intelligence information would likely reveal the source, putting a method of collection — or a human agent — at risk. Executive Order 13526 — called “Classified National Security Information” and signed Dec. 29, 2009 says the programs are created when “the vulnerability of, or threat to, specific information is exceptional,” and “the number of persons who ordinarily will have access will be reasonably small and commensurate with the objective of providing enhanced protection for the information involved.

Of interest, David Petraeus was prosecuted for sharing intelligence from special access programs with his biographer and mistress Paula Broadwell, violating his non-disclosure agreement that warned him of “unauthorized disclosure, unauthorized retention or negligent handling … could cause irreparable injury to the United States or be used to advantage by a foreign nation.” Clinton signed an identical non-disclosure agreement Jan. 22, 2009.

Fox News is told that the recent IG letter was sent to the leadership of the House and Senate intelligence committees and leaders of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, as well as the Office of the Director of National Intelligence (ODNI) and State Department inspector general.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...-from-most-secretive-classified-programs.html

Drip...drip...drip...

Ohes noes. This time the scandal will completely ruin her as opposed to passing by without anyone particularly giving a shit. The 453rd time is the charm.

What is the actual harm done by this?

Who was hurt and how?

Is the fear that as president she will continue the policy?

I fear she will continue the drone policy.

There we can see real victims and harm. A real issue.

FOX NEWS was squawking about this all day. Apparently an unidentified element has signed two declarations stating that information may be derived from classified information.

I cannot wait until Ol' Ironwood looks into this matter!

I still don't see anything except than idiocy of State Department for allowing external email servers to be used at all. This stupid witch hunt is diverting from the real problem that no Secretary or other government official should be allowed to use their own email account, even if it means that they might have to carry a separate device for their personal use.

If I work for a corporation that has a policy of not using anything but company email account, and I send some trade secrets over my hotmail account, then I'm very likely violating the company security policy and could be fired on the spot, and be liable for damages if any of the secrets actually leak (since my password is "password1", duh how else am I gonna remember it?).

On the ther hand, if my employer explicitly says that I can use hotmail for work, and my coworkers send me their secret documents all the time to my spicegirls4evah@hotmail.com account, it'd be unfair to hold me accountable for my employer's lack of proper security policy. I'm not a computer security expert, and neither is Clinton.

FOX NEWS was squawking about this all day. Apparently an unidentified element has signed two declarations stating that information may be derived from classified information.

Actually, that word 'derived' means quite a bit in the context. I wouldn't mind one bit seeing Hillary brought up on charges for it, but it won't happen. Nobody in Washington wants to see a Sanders presidency. If a cop can shoot a kid and get no charges, Hillary can leak state secrets and not get charges. The only people who get crucified for that are people who make politicians look like the toolbags they generally are.

If she had leaked something that proved Obama was bombing wedding parties for shits and giggles, shed be up on a cross right now. But some brown guy who told us about some other brown guy? Fuck 'em.

At least until after the primaries. That's when she'll get charged...

Who leaked this classified letter? Did somebody hack into the government's email system?

Ohes noes. This time the scandal will completely ruin her as opposed to passing by without anyone particularly giving a shit. The 453rd time is the charm.
She should be prosecuted. If the Lynch DOJ refuses to for political reasons you can stand assured that she will be impeached (like husband, like wife) as soon as she is inaugurated. Or if she loses the general, a DOJ ran by a Trump of Cruz or Rubio appointee will surely more to charge her. So the only safe bet for her is a Bernie presidency. :grin:

I still don't see anything except than idiocy of State Department for allowing external email servers to be used at all...

It's odd you would think this. Not only is it expressly prohibited, but it's technically illegal. If this wasn't someone "important" it wouldn't be a witch hunt. It would be a plea bargin. A lower level career government employee could actually loose their job. And that's not a easy thing to loose.

My wife works for the Federal Government. So I've heard the stories about the level of criminal activity required to eventually remove a government employee.

I still don't see anything except than idiocy of State Department for allowing external email servers to be used at all...

It's odd you would think this. Not only is it expressly prohibited, but it's technically illegal. If this wasn't someone "important" it wouldn't be a witch hunt. It would be a plea bargin. A lower level career government employee could actually loose their job. And that's not a easy thing to loose.

My wife works for the Federal Government. So I've heard the stories about the level of criminal activity required to eventually remove a government employee.

Wow. So trogledytes use a law enacted after Hillary left the administration to go after her.

Proof?

The New York Times' Deceptive Suggestion That Hillary Clinton May Have Violated Federal Records Law

It Was Only After Clinton Left The State Department That The Law Concerning Private Emails Was Changed

http://mediamatters.org/research/2015/03/03/the-new-york-times-deceptive-suggestion-that-hi/202726

As to your insight, its bogus. I worked about 20 years for the defense department in critical areas (yes, high security) where I saw people walked out in less than three hours.

No shame for those who are convinced Bill has a crooked penis.

My wife has never in her 15+ years of federal service been allowed to use private email for work purposes.

Law or not. She has 2 phones and 2 laptops. One private and one work. Never allowed to use private for work and discouraged from using work for private. Unless she wanted her private conversations on work technology public record.

Clinton deserves no better.

My wife has never in her 15+ years of federal service been allowed to use private email for work purposes.

Law or not. She has 2 phones and 2 laptops. One private and one work. Never allowed to use private for work and discouraged from using work for private. Unless she wanted her private conversations on work technology public record.

Clinton deserves no better.

I have a documented article and you have your wife. Does the Gov permit her family members to use her for political purposes? :boom:

I was all, "Wow, someone has something serious on her this time?" Then at the bottom of the OP, I read that it was Fox News. Then I was all, "People should be made to post their sources at the top of their post."

Only "apparently..." as stated by whom? To repeat:

http://thehill.com/policy/national-...emails-contained-need-to-know-classified-info

The secret information on former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s personal email was more highly classified than previously understood, according to the intelligence community’s internal watchdog.

In a letter to Capitol Hill obtained by The Hill, Intelligence Community Inspector General I. Charles McCullough III wrote that Clinton had highly classified information known as “special access programs” (SAP) on her private server.

“To date, I have received two sworn declarations from one [intelligence community] element,” the watchdog told lawmakers in Congress, Fox reported. “These declarations cover several dozen emails containing classified information determined by the IC element to be at the CONFIDENTIAL, SECRET, and TOP SECRET/SAP levels.

“According to the declarant, these documents contain information derived from classified IC element sources,” he added.

...The revelation raises the stakes for the types of information in Clinton’s server.

More than 1,300 emails released by the State Department have been classified, though department officials insist that none of the information was classified at the time the emails were sent.

The spy agency watchdog had previously claimed that Clinton also had two emails with “top secret” information on the server.

However, SAP information is above and beyond that, and is used to restrict information on a “need-to-know” basis.

A 2009 executive order signed by President Obama claims that the designation can only be used for when the threat to a program’s information is “exceptional” and the number of people who need access is “reasonably small.”

The watchdog’s finding is likely to further inflame criticism about Clinton’s use of a private email address and personal server, which has dogged her presidential campaign.

Last edited:
Who leaked this classified letter? Did somebody hack into the government's email system?

The letter was not classified. It was an unreleased letter sent to several Congressional Committees that was leaked.

Back
Top Bottom