• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Empty Words or Inching Closer to Tyranny?

What I can't figure out is why don't they just stay in Mexico?

It's about the free stuff. Same reason the "refugees" in Europe didn't stop in Turkey or Greece but were destined for Germany and the UK.

Yes. All that free stuff they get.

They get to cut the grass. They get to dig ditches.

I went to the hospital to visit yesterday and they are doing construction. Building a steel and cement landing for an overpass. Dangerous work. Men hanging high off the sides of walls half constructed.

All speaking Spanish to one another.

I remember when Reagan and the GOP were in a panic about Nicaraguan invaders heading for our Southern border.
America: Land of the craven.

What I can't figure out is why don't they just stay in Mexico?
The last caravan, many did that.

-Mexico seems to be more welcoming
-Mexico's economy is much better than the countries they are coming from
-Don't need to learn a new language
-Mexico is much less violent than their country
Mexico isn't exactly Kansas.

The US should not be reducing the numbers of legal immigrants we allow in. In fact we should expand the yearly number of slots. But some of them should at least be satisfied with living in Mexico. Even Colombia and Chile aren't that bad.
Immigrate by foot to Chile?!

All these "peaceful" migrants whom you guys want to come to US with no restrictions just broke through a barrier and entered Mexico.
Caravan migrants break Guatemala border fence, rush Mexico

This is an invasion, no matter how you want to sugarcoat it.
And if you are poor because you have four or six children, you have nobody else to blame but yourself. Condom and birth control technology has reached Honduras. You are certainly not entitled to just enter foreign countries because you want to make more money to provide for all the many children you irresponsibly made. If they keep filling Honduras with bloody children they can't afford to bloody feed, they should not count on US to take in all their overflow population!

Look, they even have a flag-bearer, like a proper invading army.
_103924171_a64b9084-ee3f-42d3-8014-8083d57d9b73.jpg

Another article on the caravan of peaceful migrants fleeing violenceTM:
As Trump Assails Caravan, a Clash Between Migrants and Mexico Police

For a caravan of people supposedly fleeing violence, they are awfully quick to engage in violence themselves.
“We don’t have the right to go into Mexico but we have to do it because our country is undergoing economic collapse,” said Oscar Danilo Garcia Rodriguez, 43, a Honduran migrant. “There’s no work, there’s no money, there’s nothing.”
1. He acknowledges that he is entering Mexico illegally and has no right to be there.
2. He admits that he is an economic migrant, not a "refugee", not a legitimate asylum seeker. This is all about money, not any supposed "persecution". I do not think he will be that forthright when talking to an asylum official, though.
Just the person you want to immigrate to US, right?

After the crowd had retreated, settled down and formed into lines, the Mexican authorities began allowing people to pass through a corridor of riot police to the waiting buses.
Mexican authorities should have turned them away.

P.S.: To all the people in favor of this caravan and other mass migration efforts like Muslims flooding into Europe through several fronts (Mediterranean boats being only one of many routes to illegal entry), is there any number of migrants per year too much? Or would you just take in however many want to come in?
P. P. S.: Forget US Army, we need to get some IDF guys on our southern border. Those guys really know how to protect a fence!

Can someone help me out and circle the people in that picture that earlier in this posting someone called "mostly women and children"? I can't seem to find them in this picture... like AT ALL.

What this is with people crossing mexico is that at some point a group becomes a mob, and a mob becomes a platoon... Not fair calling the caravan "a group of people", like it was normal. Its a platoon of randos that could have forced many hands back home. So I don't buy the looking for asylum story. They are force to be reckoned with... ya reckon?

Lacking organization, leadership, arms, and doctrine, equating them to a military force is quite the stretch. And we haven't even gotten to training and experience.

But they're brown people! Brown people - even unarmed, untrained, asylum-seeking brown people - are a "force to be reckoned with" because they're peaceful one minute, and then the next they're picking crops or cleaning hotel rooms. Just like a platoon. Or a squad. Or division.

Dammit man, don't you see the danger?!

Yes. I do see the danger in large groups of people. Have you never heard of "mob rule"? Large groups of ANY people are very dangerous. City folk scare the SHIT out of me. That's why we have the electral college... it levels the field between the sparce, sane individuals and the insane mob of liberals. That picture is of an insane mob of liberals.

But they're brown people! Brown people - even unarmed, untrained, asylum-seeking brown people - are a "force to be reckoned with" because they're peaceful one minute, and then the next they're picking crops or cleaning hotel rooms. Just like a platoon. Or a squad. Or division.

Dammit man, don't you see the danger?!

Yes. I do see the danger in large groups of people. Have you never heard of "mob rule"? Large groups of ANY people are very dangerous. City folk scare the SHIT out of me. That's why we have the electral college... it levels the field between the sparce, sane individuals and the insane mob of liberals. That picture is of an insane mob of liberals.

By the time that group gets to the US border, any vestige of organization will be gone. It will be a few thousand individuals, not an army marching in lockstep. Of course, none of that matters, because trumpsuckers can be easily terrified by anything their orange avatar calls scary.

Back
Top Bottom