• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Empty Words or Inching Closer to Tyranny?

Why should we not stop an organized group of thousands of people entering our country illegally. Why are Democrats so hell-bent on mass migration?

P.S.: Isn't preventing a foreign invasion one of the chief responsibilities of a military?

If they go through a port of entry and request asylum, then it is not illegal entry.

Fact. And like so many facts, it is anathema to the alt-white talking point.

Look, just because they aren't soldiers, aren't armed, are bringing families and will probably wind up getting jobs here doesn't mean they're not an invading horde of swarthy barbarians and therefore a "foreign invasion"!

All these "peaceful" migrants whom you guys want to come to US with no restrictions just broke through a barrier and entered Mexico.
Caravan migrants break Guatemala border fence, rush Mexico
AP said:
Migrants traveling in a mass caravan burst through a Guatemalan border fence and streamed by the thousands toward Mexican territory on Friday, defying Mexican authorities’ entreaties for an orderly crossing and U.S. President Donald Trump’s threats of retaliation.
On the Mexican side of a border bridge, they were met by a phalanx of police with riot shields. About 50 managed to push their way through before officers unleashed pepper spray and the rest retreated.
The gates were closed again, and police used a loudspeaker to address the masses, saying, “We need you to stop the aggression.”
[...]
Earlier in the day, thousands of migrants, some waving Honduran flags and carrying umbrellas to protect against the sun, arrived at the Guatemalan side of the river, noisily demanding they be allowed to cross.
“One way or another, we will pass,” they chanted, climbing atop U.S.-donated military jeeps parked at the scene. Young men tugged on the fence, finally tearing it down, prompting the huge crowd of men, women and children to rush past and over the bridge.

This is an invasion, no matter how you want to sugarcoat it.
And if you are poor because you have four or six children, you have nobody else to blame but yourself. Condom and birth control technology has reached Honduras. You are certainly not entitled to just enter foreign countries because you want to make more money to provide for all the many children you irresponsibly made. If they keep filling Honduras with bloody children they can't afford to bloody feed, they should not count on US to take in all their overflow population!

Look, they even have a flag-bearer, like a proper invading army.
_103924171_a64b9084-ee3f-42d3-8014-8083d57d9b73.jpg

Another article on the caravan of peaceful migrants fleeing violenceTM:
As Trump Assails Caravan, a Clash Between Migrants and Mexico Police
NY Times said:
After a tense hourlong standoff, during which migrants hurled objects at the police, including rocks and shoes, the police fired canisters of tear gas, forcing the migrants into a retreat.
At least six police officers were wounded in the confrontation, officials said.
For a caravan of people supposedly fleeing violence, they are awfully quick to engage in violence themselves.
“We don’t have the right to go into Mexico but we have to do it because our country is undergoing economic collapse,” said Oscar Danilo Garcia Rodriguez, 43, a Honduran migrant. “There’s no work, there’s no money, there’s nothing.”
1. He acknowledges that he is entering Mexico illegally and has no right to be there.
2. He admits that he is an economic migrant, not a "refugee", not a legitimate asylum seeker. This is all about money, not any supposed "persecution". I do not think he will be that forthright when talking to an asylum official, though.
Just the person you want to immigrate to US, right?

After the crowd had retreated, settled down and formed into lines, the Mexican authorities began allowing people to pass through a corridor of riot police to the waiting buses.
Mexican authorities should have turned them away.

P.S.: To all the people in favor of this caravan and other mass migration efforts like Muslims flooding into Europe through several fronts (Mediterranean boats being only one of many routes to illegal entry), is there any number of migrants per year too much? Or would you just take in however many want to come in?
P. P. S.: Forget US Army, we need to get some IDF guys on our southern border. Those guys really know how to protect a fence!

Last edited:
Look, just because they aren't soldiers, aren't armed, are bringing families and will probably wind up getting jobs here doesn't mean they're not an invading horde of swarthy barbarians and therefore a "foreign invasion"!
They do not need weapons, as they get let in anyway.

Poor besieged Derec! I'm sorry little buddy, but America is not all white. It was made from immigrants and will be made from immigrants going forward. The "invasion" you refer to has been going on for over 400 years, and all the alt-white bluster in the world isn't going to stop it now.

Poor besieged Derec! I'm sorry little buddy, but America is not all white.
And what does that have to do with allowing unlimited mass migration?

It was made from immigrants and will be made from immigrants going forward. The "invasion" you refer to has been going on for over 400 years, and all the alt-white bluster in the world isn't going to stop it now.
Things change. An imigration policy that was appropriate in the 19th century is not appropriate today.
It is certainly not appropriate to just let anybody in who shows up at the border in force.

If you have to resort to stupid rhetorical tricks, you really have no argument.
Look who's talking!

No, this is not a rhetorical trick, it's the reality. You have a violent mob trying to get to US and the Left wants to let them all in. It's insanity.

This is an invasion, no matter how you want to sugarcoat it
If you have to resort to stupid rhetorical tricks, you really have no argument.

It's not a rhetorical trick. It is redefining the word "invasion" to mean something different.

In Derec's mind, one Mexican swimming across the Rio Grande is the exact same thing as the Allies landing at Normandy. That's insanity.

It's not a rhetorical trick. It is redefining the word "invasion" to mean something different.

In Derec's mind, one Mexican swimming across the Rio Grande is the exact same thing as the Allies landing at Normandy. That's insanity.
I am not talking about an individual, but a horde of mass migrants.
And let's not delude ourselves that these are 'refugees' or legitimate 'asylum seekers'.
Hundreds of migrants in U.S.-bound caravan cross Mexico-Guatemala border
Some migrants, tired of waiting, jumped off the bridge into the Suchiate River on Friday. They risked drowning over defeat. When asked why he wanted to jump, one 16-year-old said, "there are no jobs here."
I.e. he is not fleeing a war, or persecution. He wants to make money.
Jose Yanez had slept with no blanket, but vowed to continue.
"From here, we're going on. From here, there's no turning back," said the 25-year-old farmer, adding that he makes 150 lempiras a day in Honduras, or about $6, and has no work benefits.
Another person whose benefit is economic, not some sort of persecution.
Of course, both of them will come up with some sob-story and claim asylum protections anyway. :rolleyes:

I said it when the first migrant caravan was on the move - if US lets them in, it will inspire many more. Well, this caravan is several times bigger than the original.

And I do not mean invasion as a literal armed invasion. But if a country does not enforce its sovereignty, then they can get in even with no weapons.

Ford and the rest of those defending this caravan: why are you s hell-bent on supporting unrestricted illegal immigration into US?

You're right. People who want to work would change the entire culture of the USA. You should only let in people who fit in with your lazy good for nothing culture. ;)

I have never been able to grasp the importance placed on the difference between economic migrants and other refugees. Are people allowed to be frightened that their family might die from bombs or bullets, but not allowed to be frightened that their family might die from starvation?

How is it a bad idea to let people attempt to improve their value in society? How can you deride a person's desire to work for a living?

To me it looks a lot like a poor rationalisation of an underlying racism. The strangers born on one side of an imaginary line are, for some reason, acceptable to you; While the strangers born on the other side are not. Freedom is important for Americans, but you deny it to everyone else. That's not freedom at all.

You don't want to admit to being a racist arsehole who hates freedom (except for himself); So you instead make not-so-subtle appeals to emotion to get others to support your position. Nobody listens when you say 'foreign people are bad', but perhaps you can persuade them that foreign people are planning to steal our jobs.

Well, if some guy with a Guatemalan education and English as his second language can do a better job than you, you deserve to lose it.

Why should we not stop an organized group of thousands of people entering our country illegally. Why are Democrats so hell-bent on mass migration?

P.S.: Isn't preventing a foreign invasion one of the chief responsibilities of a military?

Pretty sure Posse Comitatus bars the military from enforcing civil or criminal law inside our national borders unless a national emergency is decreed.

Not so sure if a few thousand refugees constitute an "invasion", especially since they're unarmed and not under military order.

This seems like a job for state resources, if we're to refuse refuge to these folks. Solve the problem at the lowest level of government, right?

Myself, I think we can afford to be magnanimous. Those folks have it much worse than you or I do, and I don't mind helping them, myself.

What this is with people crossing mexico is that at some point a group becomes a mob, and a mob becomes a platoon... Not fair calling the caravan "a group of people", like it was normal. Its a platoon of randos that could have forced many hands back home. So I don't buy the looking for asylum story. They are force to be reckoned with... ya reckon?

Lacking organization, leadership, arms, and doctrine, equating them to a military force is quite the stretch. And we haven't even gotten to training and experience.

I highly doubt they have any desire to fight their way into the country.

This is all about money, not any supposed "persecution". I do not think he will be that forthright when talking to an asylum official, though.
Just the person you want to immigrate to US, right?

I'd bet that sonofabitch would work for his money like no American high-school grad could dream of. I know; I've employed plenty of immigrants over my career as a retail business manager. The disparity in work ethic is palpable. I admire and respect folk who bust their asses to cut their own paths.

Let them enter legally and I'm good with welcoming them with open arms.

Oh my god! The onslaught.

The invasion.

How will we ever withstand it?

The horror! The horror!

This will probably be the last message ever written by a brave American.

What this is with people crossing mexico is that at some point a group becomes a mob, and a mob becomes a platoon... Not fair calling the caravan "a group of people", like it was normal. Its a platoon of randos that could have forced many hands back home. So I don't buy the looking for asylum story. They are force to be reckoned with... ya reckon?

Lacking organization, leadership, arms, and doctrine, equating them to a military force is quite the stretch. And we haven't even gotten to training and experience.

But they're brown people! Brown people - even unarmed, untrained, asylum-seeking brown people - are a "force to be reckoned with" because they're peaceful one minute, and then the next they're picking crops or cleaning hotel rooms. Just like a platoon. Or a squad. Or division.

Dammit man, don't you see the danger?!

Well thank you all kindly for the warm welcome.

I'll try to answer everyone...

OK, theyre not originally from Mexico but from places yet souther than that. Still they are crossing from Mexico and I think that makes that country responsible for them while they are using Mexico as a platform to reach the US. If what the media says is true that we give aid to those countries (not just Mexico, but places south of Mexico too) then that is our assistance... not babysitting for them to work here for cash jobs, not pay taxes, and then send the money back to their family. That's what I think about that.

Reading that made me immediately think of:

https://www.myinstants.com/instant/the-price-is-right-losing-horn/

What I can't figure out is why don't they just stay in Mexico?

-Mexico seems to be more welcoming
-Mexico's economy is much better than the countries they are coming from
-Don't need to learn a new language
-Mexico is much less violent than their country

The US should not be reducing the numbers of legal immigrants we allow in. In fact we should expand the yearly number of slots. But some of them should at least be satisfied with living in Mexico. Even Colombia and Chile aren't that bad.

What I can't figure out is why don't they just stay in Mexico?

It's about the free stuff. Same reason the "refugees" in Europe didn't stop in Turkey or Greece but were destined for Germany and the UK.

Poor besieged Derec! I'm sorry little buddy, but America is not all white. It was made from immigrants and will be made from immigrants going forward. The "invasion" you refer to has been going on for over 400 years, and all the alt-white bluster in the world isn't going to stop it now.

Nope, just because they aren't white doesn't make it not an invasion.

Back
Top Bottom