DrZoidberg
Contributor
The Heritage foundation and our national pastor Doug Wilson disagree with your view of Christianity as the foundation of western liberal culture. I think I agree with them on this point.Islam plays the long game. It is no more apocalypse tomorrow than climate change is. But not being apocalypse tomorrow doesn't mean it's not a serious problem.You do understand people like yourself and derec have been saying this for over 2 fucking decades right?What the hell is Europe doing?
Western Europe is slowly being invaded by the muslim hordes. I actually thought France would be the first to fall but I think England may fall first. And looking at the players Germany fielded the other day, they won’t be far behind. Danke Merkel.
For fucks sake just wake me up when your doomsday wet dream comes about. I reckon it will happen 4 weeks after the yellow peril I was warned when I was a kid comes about.
What? What plan? Islam isn't a conspiracy. There's no game. There's no plan. The behaviour of Muslims, on population level, is simply a result of the belief system.
Yes, dealing with Islam, in a western liberal democratic context is a problem. But that's not because Muslims are trying to be difficult or are particularly adversarial. I think, for most part, they're trying really hard not to.
i think the problem is just more fundamental. Western liberal culture has a foundation in Christianity. Its just a different way to think than Islam. It just creates problems, even when people are trying not to. Its not a problem of malice or even ignorance. Its just two systems of thought that are mismatched imho
The atheist historian Tom Holland disagrees. Have we name dropped enough now?
Here's a good video on it
Atheists, liberals, socialists and scientists are still behaving like Christians even though they have largely moved on regarding belief in God.
The evangelising urge is the big one. The rest of the world just cares about gaining power.
And that those at the bottom of the status hierarchy are worthy of dignity. Modern liberal democracy wouldn't be possible without a Christian way of thinking.
BTW, Islam and Christianity both agree on the above. Their differences are about other things.
Western liberal culture is antithetical to the religion running the GOP.
Yes, its a fair point. Trump seems more pagan. Ie, its all about power and the powerful deserving more respect simply because they are powerful.