Emily Lake
Might be a replicant
- Joined
- Jul 7, 2014
- Messages
- 9,970
- Location
- It's a desert out there
- Gender
- Agenderist
- Basic Beliefs
- Atheist
I know who you're referring to. I also suspect that your reason for not answering my question of what proportion of muslims are islamists is because if you're honest about it... it weakens your argument.Offering excuses for someone who knows better is cute but unconvincing especially when “muslim” is shorter to write than “Islamist”. BTW, I am not referring to Bomb#20.I'm negotiating.These questions are examples of appropriate applications of logic and reason of examining conflation (saying the concepts are the same)of Muslim with Islamist? Give me a break.What portion of Muslims in the world right now would you estimate to be Islamists?You mean the group that includes someone who conflates Muslim with Islamist? LMAO.The "faith group" of... (checks notes)... people who appropriately apply logic and reason.You know, how you do when you white knight for members of your little faith group.
What portion of the Muslims who have entered Europe, Canada, the US, in the last decade would you estimate to be Islamists?
What portion of the unusually high portion of military aged single male Muslims who have entered Europe, Canada, the US, in the last decade would you estimate to be Islamists?
My answer to your questions is I have no clue nor care.
Islamists are a subset of muslims, correct? Referring to Islamists as muslims is accurate, but it can be misleading depending on context.
If, say, 20% of the recent influx are islamists, then I would offer that generalizing to muslims one in five times would be within the bounds of understood language - especially when the caveat that he's talking about islamists, not all muslims has been reiterated multiple times.
You make generalizations on the assumption that your readers understand that you don't literally mean every one. All of us do, it's how language works.