• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Exposing Atheistic Myths

What I don't understand is how any Christian can believe the more positive parts of the NT, but support a disgusting, immoral man like Trump. Maybe some Christians cherry pick the more disgusting parts of the Bible. Black Christians seem more savvy than that. Not a single one of my black Christian friends has voted for that man. So, it's stupid to make generalizations about any large group of people.

It is interesting that you see religious or superstitious beliefs as simply personal beliefs but not so for political beliefs. Your political beliefs, you hold as facts just as those who hold strong religious beliefs see their belief as fact. Those who hold opposing political beliefs, you hold in contempt for being so stupid and evil. That mindset is what has given us religious wars.

Superstitious religious beliefs are political beliefs, have you counted up america's wars, interventions and occupations? Jeebus.

Superstious religious beliefs (supposedly Christian) is low on the list it seems, at least for the last century or so. You know, those countless voices with banners, protesting that its all about the OIL, the pipeline, the Russians (they saying its the US) the banks, wall street, the Jews and banks, illuminati, some other elites etc.& etc.. establsihing the empire...take your pick lol. Perhaps its all the above, combined :eek: Forget jeebus.. you'll need Jesus in that case lol.

Last edited:
Superstitious religious beliefs are political beliefs, have you counted up america's wars, interventions and occupations? Jeebus.

Superstious religious beliefs (supposedly Christian) is low on the list it seems, at least for the last century or so. You know, those countless voices with banners, protesting that its all about the OIL, the pipeline, the Russians (they saying its the US) the banks, wall street, the Jews and banks, illuminati, some other elites etc.& etc.. establsihing the empire...take your pick lol. Perhaps its all the above, combined :eek: Forget jeebus.. you'll need Jesus :p

All of america's wars are depicted and adverted as "good christian" versus "evil". Including all those we have up and running currently. But you know that.

Superstious religious beliefs (supposedly Christian) is low on the list it seems, at least for the last century or so. You know, those countless voices with banners, protesting that its all about the OIL, the pipeline, the Russians (they saying its the US) the banks, wall street, the Jews and banks, illuminati, some other elites etc.& etc.. establsihing the empire...take your pick lol. Perhaps its all the above, combined :eek:.
Hardly low....

The worldwide Jihad is involved in something like forty wars currently. Aside from those, there have been and still are several ethnic cleansings based on religious affiliation.

You guys are going down a dangerous road. I have heard some apologists say that "there are no atheists. Everyone believes in God." I am sure you guys HATE it when people tell you this.

So, why try to turn it around and say that nobody really believes? That is just as insulting to us Christians.

We also all heard of the "atheist to Christian" and the response is "he wasn't a real atheist!"
and we also hear of the "christian to atheist" and the response is "he wasn't a real christian!"

Oh please, you self professed christians have insulted your own deity and ostensible beliefs. Don't get your knickers in such a twist if someone observes it.

Superstious religious beliefs (supposedly Christian) is low on the list it seems, at least for the last century or so. You know, those countless voices with banners, protesting that its all about the OIL, the pipeline, the Russians (they saying its the US) the banks, wall street, the Jews and banks, illuminati, some other elites etc.& etc.. establsihing the empire...take your pick lol. Perhaps its all the above, combined :eek: Forget jeebus.. you'll need Jesus :p

All of america's wars are depicted and adverted as "good christian" versus "evil". Including all those we have up and running currently. But you know that.
But they're probably not REAL Christains.

Superstious religious beliefs (supposedly Christian) is low on the list it seems, at least for the last century or so. You know, those countless voices with banners, protesting that its all about the OIL, the pipeline, the Russians (they saying its the US) the banks, wall street, the Jews and banks, illuminati, some other elites etc.& etc.. establsihing the empire...take your pick lol. Perhaps its all the above, combined :eek:.
Hardly low....

The worldwide Jihad is involved in something like forty wars currently. Aside from those, there have been and still are several ethnic cleansings based on religious affiliation.

Americans blather on about being a christian nation, and our christian nation is at endless war and engaging in endless occupations where all again?

Ah yes, world wide.

So its not actually superstious but pretending to believe (the Christian faith) for the politcal agenda. I agree with that

But they're probably not REAL Christains.

Who is?
The speaker, obviously.

It's pretty handy, being in a spiritual conference.

Real football players have actual opponents, develop actual win/loss records, and can apply objective standards to determining who is the best football team.

Religious types are pitted against invisible opponents, by invisible patrons, producing invisible standings in the True Religion conference. So they can all claim to be in first place, and NO ONE can dispute it.

Except, of course, by disputing the entire league...

So its not actually superstious but pretending to believe (the Christian faith) for the politcal agenda. I agree with that

Oh no, they believe, and we believed we had god's blessing to cleanse North America of the inhabitants already present. Much like we're helping the Israelis do in Gaza and the Saudis in Yemen.

The speaker, obviously.

It's pretty handy, being in a spiritual conference.

Real football players have actual opponents, develop actual win/loss records, and can apply objective standards to determining who is the best football team.

Religious types are pitted against invisible opponents, by invisible patrons, producing invisible standings in the True Religion conference. So they can all claim to be in first place, and NO ONE can dispute it.

Except, of course, by disputing the entire league...

Sarcasm. I recall Goldwater, back when "conservatives" were, well, conservative, warning US about the fundamentalists.

Not entirely. It's not all pretense to superstition. Some people really are superstitious, which makes them vulnerable to manipulation by others professing the same superstition (whether real or fake).

Oh no, they believe, and we believed we had god's blessing to cleans North America of the inhabitants already present.

Yes I am aware of those times.

Mush like we're helping the Israelis do in Gaza and the Saudis in Yemen.

Those leading the charge are still pretending in my eyes. Not very Jesus-like, - not be involved with wars, conscientious objectors as the early believers.

The leaders may have a different agenda but those actually fighting and killing are overwhelmingly religiously inspired. The rank and file of The Lord's Resistance Army (Christian zealots) that has ravaged central Africa for over a decade are "fighting for the lord". The armies in the many Sunni - Shia conflicts are filled with religious troops fighting for the faith though the leadership may have other priorities. Did you ever listen to the interviews with the ISIS fighters? Many of them were inspired to travel from around the world to join the fight for Allah.

The leaders may have a different agenda but those actually fighting and killing are overwhelmingly religiously inspired. The rank and file of The Lord's Resistance Army (Christian zealots) that has ravaged central Africa for over a decade are "fighting for the lord". The armies in the many Sunni - Shia conflicts are filled with religious troops fighting for the faith though the leadership may have other priorities. Did you ever listen to the interviews with the ISIS fighters? Many of them were inspired to travel from around the world to join the fight for Allah.

And the US has partnered with them, just like we have or did with Saddam, Osama, al Qaida, al Nusra.

And the US has partnered with them, just like we have or did with Saddam, Osama, al Qaida, al Nusra.

And we return to the rethoric and protests we often hear around the world: Its all about the oil, its the pipeline etc..etc.. Whatever it is.. I go along with ; the religious can be easily manipulated, as those mentioned above in both quotes, even with a non-superstious agenda. Its normal psychology where humans, power, deals, assets and territorries go.

And we return to the rethoric and protests we often hear around the world: Its the oil its the pipeline etc..etc.. Whatever it is.. I go along with the religious can be manipulated, even with a non-superstious agenda. Its normal psychology where humans, power, deals, assets and territorries goes, I should think.

Our military is where it is, all across the globe.

It makes a lot more sense from a Gnostic perspective; the entire universe was begun in the first place by the seemingly irreconcilable divorce of certain aspects of God from Godself.

'Makes sense' plus superstitious woo, generally involves using some kind of oxymoron. One way to resolve is to put in a qualifier, such as saying 'it can make sense to a superstitious woohead'.

I try to keep above.. quite that level of human interaction.
Nah. You just use bigger words. :)

And we return to the rethoric and protests we often hear around the world: Its the oil its the pipeline etc..etc.. Whatever it is.. I go along with the religious can be manipulated, even with a non-superstious agenda. Its normal psychology where humans, power, deals, assets and territorries goes, I should think.

Our military is where it is, all across the globe.
How did the political crap get in here?

Any more than 1 hour of listening to, talking about, or thinking about, politics in a week is masochism and likely causes real psychological harm. Why not contain it somewhere... like, for example, the designated shithole called "Political Discussions"?

Back
Top Bottom