• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Fauci Should Be In Prison - Senator Rand Paul

Oh the expendable people. Got it. They died. Wait... is that why the number above was dubious? Because the people were expendable or too old for people to give a fuck now?

Expendable? I never said that. People die all the time and they often die of something. Whether it be cancer, heart failure, high blood pressure or whatever. When elderly people die it is of course sad but is not a tragedy or unexpected nor is it something we should shut down the country for in order to extend some people's lives by a few months.

"A few months" = "16 years". Admittedly, this has probably dropped a bit since. And note that Covid is in the ballpark to totally disable you about as often as it kills you and the picture gets worse.

Nah, you lecture and scold non conformists. Most of the guidelines were just bullshit. Gotta wear your mask in the restaurant walking to your table. When seated you may remove your mask for example.

Don't be mad at me because I wouldn't play along.
Given how the early versions behaved that was actually useful. The thing is the early versions required enough exposure that those more distant from the source of infection usually didn't become infected. If everyone wears a mask when moving around the number of opportunities for it to spread are far lower. Your failure to understand the physics doesn't make it nonsense. A way to visualize it: When you're unmasked you're a 6' circle. Walk across the room, how many people does that circle bump into? Compare that with the number that it bumps into when you're seated. Typically that will only be your own party (which very well might be exposed in other situations) and one adjacent table and booth type seating very well might move the next table out of the circle.

Against Omicron it would be basically useless, but that's not what we were facing then.

It would be interesting if another novel virus came along in the near distant future. How would that play out?

I think a lot of people miss how much worse covid could have been if a few things were different. For example, if a vaccine hadn't come along, or if people didn't restrict movements, wear masks...if the virus mutated into more virulent strains...if it had even a slightly higher mortality rate. A lot of people were extremely critical of a cautionary approach and even feel vindicated in that view even though millions died and a life saving vaccine became available within a year. Masks saved lives, social distancing saved lives.

What happens when another one (it's just a matter of time) comes along? Will people say we over-reacted during Covid and we shouldn't take as many precautions? Last time around, very few seemed to understand that there were a lot of unknowns early on and it could have been much worse. The hit the economy took was a mere speedbump compared to the devastation that could have happened even if the mortality rate was a few percent higher. Ebola is 25% to 90%. Imagine something like that coming down the pipe with higher virulence meeting an unwilling population?

It would be interesting if another novel virus came along in the near distant future. How would that play out?

I think a lot of people miss how much worse covid could have been if a few things were different. For example, if a vaccine hadn't come along, or if people didn't restrict movements, wear masks...if the virus mutated into more virulent strains...if it had even a slightly higher mortality rate. A lot of people were extremely critical of a cautionary approach and even feel vindicated in that view even though millions died and a life saving vaccine became available within a year. Masks saved lives, social distancing saved lives.

What happens when another one (it's just a matter of time) comes along? Will people say we over-reacted during Covid and we shouldn't take as many precautions? Last time around, very few seemed to understand that there were a lot of unknowns early on and it could have been much worse. The hit the economy took was a mere speedbump compared to the devastation that could have happened even if the mortality rate was a few percent higher. Ebola is 25% to 90%. Imagine something like that coming down the pipe with higher virulence meeting an unwilling population?
I suspect/hope that the problem would sort itself out. Instant triage for all the dumb cunts.

I suspect/hope that the problem would sort itself out. Instant triage for all the dumb cunts.
The problem as I see it is you need everyone on board. Viruses can only be contained if you have a huge majority buying in. The anti-science crowd can incubate all kids of nastiness that could make a protected population vulnerable.

I have some questions for you, @RVonse

(1) Do you prefer the wisdom of Rand Paul over that of objective thinkers and scientists? If not, why do you listen to him? If he had some useful and valid point to make, don't you think competent objective thinkers -- surely better sources -- would provide the same "information" you get from Senator Paul? (Or are the other 99 Senators, and all the professional scientists and analysts in the pockets of Big Woke or Big Green and we are fortunate to have "the voice of one dentist* crying in the wilderness" to listen to? * -- Is Paul really a dentist?)

Recall that Rand Paul is the one who insisted on "auditing Fort Knox." He gave the impression that he thought much of the gold was simply missing and a visual inspection would suffice. (Another "theory" is that the gold has been replaced with gold-plated tungsten. Is there a portable test that Paul could have brought when he inspected Fort Knox?)

But in fact after making special arrangements for this inspection of Fort Knox, Paul declined to participate. Perhaps he was too busy shmoozing with some donor who wanted to congratulate Paul for his "audit!" :cool:

(2) Even assuming the allegations are true, do you really think Fauci should "be in prison". How about MTG, DJT etc? They committed much more perjury than Fauci ever did: should they be in prison?

(3) Assuming the allegations are true, do you think the new viruses got out of the lab due to incompetence, or due to malice? In either case, what would be the appropriate response? Nuke Beijing?

(4) If U.S. authorities suspected that Chinese malfeasance (or even just incompetence) was responsible for the pandemic, what would appropriate response be? The U.S. does NOT publish details of enemy weaponry, espionage, cyber attacks etc. I think there are good reasons to prefer diplomatic channels over publishing so that every Tom, Dick, and Rand can opine on whether to bomb Beijing or not. I realize this is a topic on which you and I have differing views. I have respect for professional scientists, intelligence experts, etc. You trust Ken and Karen Common_People over experts, presumably out of fear that experts have been co-opted by the Deep State or Islamo-Wokeism. (I can summarize my view by asking you to consider how utterly stupid the average American is; then noting that 49% of Americans are even stupider than that. Many even fall for conspiracy theories, like Rand Paul's Fort Knox is full of tungsten wet dream.)

(5) What do YOU think about the Covid vaccines, RVonse? I think that "LP" and QOPAnon are united on this issue; both oppose vaccines in general, and mandated vaccines especially. As another Infidel pointed out, it is hilarious that the same groups (LP and QOPAnon) who think the whole Covid scare was a hoax dreamt up by Fauci and the Deep State, ALSO think that Covid was a deadly pathogen foisted on us by a malicious China regime!

This mismatch -- American crazies simultaneously thinking BOTH that Covid was a bio-weapon AND that it was all just a hoax -- reminds me of this quote from Alice in Wonderland:
White Queen said:
[After Alice said “There’s no use trying. One can’t believe impossible things.”]

I daresay you haven't had much practice. When I was your age, I always did it for half-an-hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.
*1) to 5) snip*
So... did Rand Paul lie?
@RVonse, I was curious whether I wasted my time.

Back
Top Bottom