• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Fauci Should Be In Prison - Senator Rand Paul

It's been 10 pages and over a month and yet RVonse you still won't say what Fauci lied about.
Please look at this thread to see responses pertaining to whether Fauci funded gain of function research and whether that research led to the spread of the pandemic in the first place. We will probably never know whether the government (and or Fauci) was involved and has been lying about that. The same way that we will never really know the truth or real records of the JFK assassination (even after 60 years).

But even deeper than that (but not yet discussed in this thread), are other accusations Fauci lied about the possible benefits of Ivermectin and was instrumental shutting down any other science and doctors related to that type of cure. Also that Fauci lied about the benefits versus harm of the vaccines and his program of shutting down the school systems for younger populations that were almost non affected by the virus. Was the harm of our children worth the saving of additional old people? Not if you are honest about comparing the regions that did not shut down their schools.

https://www.unmc.edu/healthsecurity...auci-looks-back-something-clearly-went-wrong/

Is Fauci really that bad guy the repulbicans think he is? Honesty I did not bring up his other accusations of lying because that kind lying would not be as grave as the kind of lying about bio warfare. And your videos do not address any of this or help to shed any additional truth to what happened. Just more political bull shit aimed at swaying public opinion with no real value arriving at the truth!

Instead of dumping a word salad, just tell me what Fauci lied about instead. If it is as clear as you are implying, that shouldn't be so difficult.

:aliens:

Did you actually read the link you posted???
Yep.
You do realize the link was just a few starting paragraphs of a New York Times interview. Do you have a subscription to the NYT? I have a cheap seats subscription and it was still blocked for me.

And can you point out any lies by Fauci with quotes from the interview?

Please look at this thread to see responses pertaining to whether Fauci funded gain of function research and whether that research led to the spread of the pandemic in the first place. We will probably never know whether the government (and or Fauci) was involved and has been lying about that. The same way that we will never really know the truth or real records of the JFK assassination (even after 60 years).
Relatives of Covid have been causing trouble for quite some time. There's simply need to invoke anything about a lab to explain it. Even more so because the deadly mutation most likely happened in the wild from some animal host. In hindsight it was most likely simmering for some time but not infective enough to spread. That says there isn't just one origin point.

But even deeper than that (but not yet discussed in this thread), are other accusations Fauci lied about the possible benefits of Ivermectin and was instrumental shutting down any other science and doctors related to that type of cure. Also that Fauci lied about the benefits versus harm of the vaccines and his program of shutting down the school systems for younger populations that were almost non affected by the virus. Was the harm of our children worth the saving of additional old people? Not if you are honest about comparing the regions that did not shut down their schools.
The problem is just because something works in a petri dish doesn't make it work in reality. Killing things is easy, selectively killing things (ie, Covid virus but not the host) is the hard part. The only studies that found any benefit from either of the drugs the deniers favor were fraudulent though and through.

As for the harm/benefit of vaccines--all the ills that your guys are blaming on the vaccine are due to the spike protein which was exactly copied from the virus itself. Thus anyone who got such side effects would have gotten even worse effects from infection. The only actual risk specific to the vaccine is anaphylaxis--they knew that from the start, that's why they said to wait around 15 minutes. The "research" showing the vaccine risk being higher was based on assuming only a quite small subset of the people would actually get infected when in reality there aren't a lot of us novids left.

https://www.unmc.edu/healthsecurity...auci-looks-back-something-clearly-went-wrong/

Is Fauci really that bad guy the repulbicans think he is? Honesty I did not bring up his other accusations of lying because that kind lying would not be as grave as the kind of lying about bio warfare. And your videos do not address any of this or help to shed any additional truth to what happened. Just more political bull shit aimed at swaying public opinion with no real value arriving at the truth!
You realize your source is saying that Fauci's errors were in not realizing how bad it was going to get? His sins are of understatement, not overstatement!

(And I'm not even sure he was all that wrong. The thing is the Wuhan virus isn't what clobbered us. It quickly lost out to the mutation from Europe. Which is also why keep-out-the-Chinese was meaningless--the main flood was from Europe.)

Not if you are honest about comparing the regions that did not shut down their schools.
Please show me the data indicating schools in Alabama did not suffer from drops relative to places like Massachusetts.
Remember, The Felon was originally ignoring it because it was hitting blue areas quite disproportionately. Thus there's probably a window where Alabama did better.

And can you point out any lies by Fauci with quotes from the interview?
Crickets.
Personally, I'm not sure which is preferrable - crickets or an hour + youtube clip full of 2000 mules-esque obfuscation.

Let's be real, those are the only two options available here.
I think maybe RVonse thought the link was a "smoking gun" and didn't actually read it. Maybe because some other right wingers said it was. I certainly cannot imagine him having a subscription to the NYT.

Meanwhile Infowars Idiot has been ordered to report to prison in July. I wonder if Fauci is getting a chuckle out of this.

What should astonish rationalists is the very large discrepancy in excess death rates, Republicans vs Democrats, once vaccines were widely available. Considering that some Ds are anti-vax nuts, and many Rs have 100+ IQs the variation is remarkable:
pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/37486680/ said:
the excess death rate among Republican voters was 43% higher than the excess death rate among Democratic voters.

(What does that even mean? Is a jump from 10% to 12% a 2% increase, or a 20% increase? Did they control for the fact that Rs tend to be older than Ds? One would hope that the paper is not as stupid as the summary, but I choose not to fight the paywalls.)

IOW, voters removed from the rolls due to Covid-19 might be sufficient to sway a close election! I hope it's not a violation of ToU to note that for a Trump voter, dying may be the best we can hope for. :cool:

I think maybe RVonse thought the link was a "smoking gun" and didn't actually read it. Maybe because some other right wingers said it was. I certainly cannot imagine him having a subscription to the NYT.

Is the article "Why the Pandemic Probably Started in a Lab, in 5 Key Points" the one you want? If so, I just accessed it via the "Control-U trick." If there's sufficient interest I'll post a few excerpts.

(In the Control-U trick, press Control-U after the NYTimes article loads, but before the paywall appears. The article's text now appears in the Control-U tab, though a tedious process is needed to extract it from all the html tagging. Disabling Javascript also used to work with NYTimes but they changed their ways and I didn't check if that still works.)

Nope. The title is "Dr. Fauci Looks Back: ‘Something Clearly Went Wrong’"

Sorry. I took a break for eating, drinking and sleeping! :cool:

Nope. The title is "Dr. Fauci Looks Back: ‘Something Clearly Went Wrong’"

The Control-U trick works for that NYTimes page also. But more importantly the Disable-Javascript trick also works. As I write I am looking at the complete article on one laptop, while typing this on another laptop. Anyone can do this easily: Disable Javascript in your (Chrome?) browser. You'll have to load the page directly (e.g. via Google Search) as the NYTimes menus use Javascript.

I've not followed the discussion in this thread, but skimming the article I see a scientist who did a very good job, but with hindsight would have changed details of his response IF he knew what was then unknowable. Fauci was not a criminal; the criminals were MTG and others from the QOPAnon-Putin Bullshit Machine. (MY characterization, not Fauci's!)

I don't want to violate CopyRight by posting the whole article; and the article looks too good to excerpt only. I will PM the complete text to he who asks.

I don't have time to review this thread to see what bullshit is being peddled, but I did spend an hour manipulating the text of "Dr. Fauci Looks Back: ‘Something Clearly Went Wrong’." I provided quote boxes for footnotes and photo captions (though not the photos) and other miscellaneous tasks. I couldn't post the entire article in a single post if I wanted to: it's 52,000 characters but the Board's limit is 25,000.

I took this time because the article and Dr. Fauci himself were brilliant. It's an absolute shame that the Trump-Putinist Imbecile MTG disparages this great scientist. And that the Whatever-The-F**k-Faction-He-Is Imbecile Rand Paul disparages him. These two nitwits can't hold a candle to a hero like Dr. Fauci. I sure hope no Infidel bought into their crap. (Or the crap of Elon Musk who posted that his "pronouns" were "Prosecute/Fauci.")

I repeat my offer to PM the story -- or would even this be a copyright violation? -- to anyone who asks. Meanwhile if there are specific questions I'll post excerpts from this detailed article.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

In the olden days, I might go to the newsstand and pick up the article (or the entire paper) for a few coins. Or even at the local library for free. (Do Red states still have public libraries?) But I can't blame the NY Times for needing to make a profit. And free newspapers might do no good anyway: Millions of Americans are too busy asking nitwits like Greene and Paul to tell them what to think to peruse a "communist rag" like the NY Times!

What should astonish rationalists is the very large discrepancy in excess death rates, Republicans vs Democrats, once vaccines were widely available. Considering that some Ds are anti-vax nuts, and many Rs have 100+ IQs the variation is remarkable:
the excess death rate among Republican voters was 43% higher than the excess death rate among Democratic voters.

(What does that even mean? Is a jump from 10% to 12% a 2% increase, or a 20% increase? Did they control for the fact that Rs tend to be older than Ds? One would hope that the paper is not as stupid as the summary, but I choose not to fight the paywalls.):cool:

Yes, it controlled for demographics. Note that they are talking about the excess deaths--that is, deaths beyond what was typical for the demographic. The reason to count it this way is that simply trying to count Covid deaths results in omitting some that died without diagnosis (Covid messes with clotting and can throw a clot into someplace quickly lethal), omitting some where Covid aggravated underlying problems (they report as dying of the underlying problem) and overcounts from the supposed crowd of with-Covid vs due-to-Covid. The reality is that they had more dead bodies than they had "Covid" deaths, the redder the area the more the discrepancy. Thus they were forced to look for other measures--namely, how many people actually died vs how many were expected to die. (And note that the reporting on this is deceptive--we no longer have "excess" deaths from Covid because it's been factored in by now.)

And while in theory it's also counting behavior the difference only shows up after the vaccine was widely available.

(What does that even mean? Is a jump from 10% to 12% a 2% increase, or a 20% increase? Did they control for the fact that Rs tend to be older than Ds? One would hope that the paper is not as stupid as the summary, but I choose not to fight the paywalls.):cool:

Yes, it controlled for demographics. Note that they are talking about the excess deaths--that is, deaths beyond what was typical for the demographic.
Link to CDC charting all deaths. In it, you can see the the plague of motorcycle accidents (as well as other excuses) that killed over 1 million Americans.

Back
Top Bottom