• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Fauci Should Be In Prison - Senator Rand Paul

Now, let's see if we do the right thing if bird flu or some other virus that is common among other animals, becomes easily transmitted to humans.
What would "the right thing" look like? More authoritarianism I expect.
In a serious pandemic? I'm not certain, all I know is that people like you would likely get a lot other people killed, including yourself.

I didn't kill anyone during the last Covid hysteria...
One million Americans died in that "hysteria"... and Covid-19 wasn't even that dangerous. A small percentage of people that got it died... but you know math and shit, and when you multiply a small percentage to a large number, the total isn't tiny. I get you aren't good at math. It is unfortunate, because otherwise, you'd have the mental tools available to understand this competently.

Also I was referring to a really bad disease that was communicable and much more deadly.
...but Newsom and Cuomo (and others) killed tens of thousands when they put Covid infected patients into the nursing homes. Shouldn't they be in jail?
Some mistakes were made early on. Oddly enough, some people seemed to learn from some mistakes, others, not so much.

Now, let's see if we do the right thing if bird flu or some other virus that is common among other animals, becomes easily transmitted to humans.
In a serious pandemic? I'm not certain, all I know is that people like you would likely get a lot other people killed, including yourself.

I didn't kill anyone during the last Covid hysteria but Newsom and Cuomo (and others) killed tens of thousands when they put Covid infected patients into the nursing homes. Shouldn't they be in jail?
Nursing homes should know how to isolate infectious patients. That they didn't isn't Newsom's or Cuomo's fault. And why were those patients put in nursing home? Because the hospitals had no where to put them.

What would your solution to the no room in hospitals problem be?

One million Americans died in that "hysteria"... and Covid-19 wasn't even that dangerous.
Dubious numbers.

A small percentage of people that got it died...

The people that actually died due to Covid were mainly the very elderly, infirm and people with pre existing conditions.

...but Newsom and Cuomo (and others) killed tens of thousands when they put Covid infected patients into the nursing homes. Shouldn't they be in jail?
Some mistakes were made early on. Oddly enough, some people seemed to learn from some mistakes, others, not so much.

Not soon enough.

I didn't kill anyone during the last Covid hysteria but Newsom and Cuomo (and others) killed tens of thousands when they put Covid infected patients into the nursing homes. Shouldn't they be in jail?
Nursing homes should know how to isolate infectious patients. That they didn't isn't Newsom's or Cuomo's fault. And why were those patients put in nursing home? Because the hospitals had no where to put them.

What would your solution to the no room in hospitals problem be?
What I don't think people understand is that patients usually are discharged from hospitals to nursing homes for recovery. This isn't unusual. There are only so many beds. This wasn't some arbitrary decision. We didn't know enough yet at the time. And to be fair, there was likely no where else to send the patients.

One million Americans died in that "hysteria"... and Covid-19 wasn't even that dangerous.
Dubious numbers.
So, what 250,000? 500,000? It doesn't have to be 1,000,000 to have been an actual pandemic.
The people that actually died due to Covid were mainly the very elderly, infirm and people with pre existing conditions.
Oh the expendable people. Got it. They died. Wait... is that why the number above was dubious? Because the people were expendable or too old for people to give a fuck now?

What about the stuffed hospital ERs, or stuffed hospitals? Texas, California, Ohio, Florida, NYC, Arizona suffered bouts of time when elective procedures at a hospital wasn't an option. The health care industry suffered a lot during this span because of the number of people that got sick.

Not soon enough.
In your case, not at all. In fact, you seemed to get worse. Once Murdoch et al filled your head with enough of their shit, that was and is all you can see now. But at least you didn't take horse dewormer.

What I don't think people understand is that patients usually are discharged from hospitals to nursing homes for recovery. This isn't unusual. There are only so many beds. This wasn't some arbitrary decision. We didn't know enough yet at the time. And to be fair, there was likely no where else to send the patients.
This is true.

The building I used to have my office in also had two inpatient rehab floors and one Transitional Care Unit floor. Transitional care is basically a nursing home in the hospital and it is billed like a nursing home. It's where our patients were sent to while a bed in a nursing home is located.

Oh the expendable people. Got it. They died. Wait... is that why the number above was dubious? Because the people were expendable or too old for people to give a fuck now?

Expendable? I never said that. People die all the time and they often die of something. Whether it be cancer, heart failure, high blood pressure or whatever. When elderly people die it is of course sad but is not a tragedy or unexpected nor is it something we should shut down the country for in order to extend some people's lives by a few months.

What about the stuffed hospital ERs, or stuffed hospitals? Texas, California, Ohio, Florida, NYC, Arizona suffered bouts of time when elective procedures at a hospital wasn't an option. The health care industry suffered a lot during this span because of the number of people that got sick.

It is quite common for ER to be overloaded during a flu season. Maybe the people that run these places could be a bit better prepared.

Have you forgotten the barrage of nurses and doctors with their insufferable Tik Tok dances? Heroes, the lot of them hey?

What about the thousands of missed cancers screenings that are starting to catch up.

Remember Trump deployed two (I think two but definitely one) hospital boats to San Diego California to help? I think they treated a handful of people before moving on.

In your case, not at all. In fact, you seemed to get worse. Once Murdoch et al filled your head with enough of their shit, that was and is all you can see now. But at least you didn't take horse dewormer.

Murdoch? LOL.

Expendable? I never said that. People die all the time and they often die of something. Whether it be cancer, heart failure, high blood pressure or whatever. When elderly people die it is of course sad but is not a tragedy or unexpected nor is it something we should shut down the country for in order to extend some people's lives by a few months.

No one shut down the country to extend the lives of people dying from cancer or heart failure. Coming from someone who admits having two covid boosters, I find that response astoundingly disingenuous.

I don't know anyone who is still getting a Covid "vaccine" shot. I have had two Covid "booster" shots way back in 2021, I think. In fact, nobody ever talks about Covid.
Good for you.

True that.
I'm planning on getting another booster soon, as they are recommended for people over 65 and it's been almost 3 months since my very mild case.

Well if it's recommended you should definitely do that. Maybe get a booster once a month?

I still have friends who wear masks. If that makes them feel comfortable, why should I care? I try not to judge what other people do, as long as it's harmless. Wearing a mask may be unnecessary, but it's harmless to others.
Oh I am pretty sure you were very, very judgemental of those who didn't conform.

I worried about those who didn't of follow the guidelines, like the nurse who I worked with, who almost died from COVID. I said I didn't judge if someone did something harmless. Can't you read? Not following guidelines during a potentially deadly pandemic isn't harmless. It puts yourself and others at risk. She was still working as a nurse in a small assisted living facility when she got severe COVID. I hope she didn't give it to any of her patients.

I still have contact with her and I feel for her, despite her dumb Christian beliefs and her listening to an idiotic criminal like Trump, although we haven't discussed politics in years. We just give each other a little emotional support when appropriate.

The right thing to do during a deadly pandemic is to follow the guidelines provided by experts in the field of immunology and viral diseases, instead of listening to a dumbass narcissistic politician who doesn't know what he's talking about and if it were not for the exceptional medical care he received when he got COVID, he may have died.

I worked as a public health nurse during the days when someone who was noncompliant who had TB and was spreading it among the community could be locked up in a medical facility, until they were no longer contagious. What do you have against public health? Back in the day, people couldn't wait to receive their vaccines. I grew up prior to the MMR vaccine. Parents were thrilled when the polio vaccine was developed, but I doubt you've ever personally known anyone who had a disability from polio. I also once had a patient who was cognitively disabled due to measles. Again, what do you have against public health guidelines that keep people healthier and provide help with many public health issues, including birth control? OH wait, some conservatives want to deny women that too. Just sayin'.

In Bangladesh the religious people are praying for rain. The heat and drought are so bad that schools are cancelled as the heat is about 108F. That's hot! Am I the only person to see the irony and how it relates to covid in the US? It's unfortunate that religion is so connected to scientific illiteracy. If religion was something good its adherents would be praying to their gods to make them smarter. That would at least be a step in the right direction, invoking superstitious nonsense as a plea to escape ignorance. If religion could do one good thing that would be it.

In Bangladesh the religious people are praying for rain. The heat and drought are so bad that schools are cancelled as the heat is about 108F. That's hot! Am I the only person to see the irony and how it relates to covid in the US? It's unfortunate that religion is so connected to scientific illiteracy. If religion was something good its adherents would be praying to their gods to make them smarter. That would at least be a step in the right direction, invoking superstitious nonsense as a plea to escape ignorance. If religion could do one good thing that would be it.
I mean, they call secular education a religion, and the people who do worship at that temple do tend to get smarter and that's why they go.

It just sucks that it's so GD expensive.

I don't know anyone who is still getting a Covid "vaccine" shot. I have had two Covid "booster" shots way back in 2021, I think. In fact, nobody ever talks about Covid.
Good for you.

True that.
I'm planning on getting another booster soon, as they are recommended for people over 65 and it's been almost 3 months since my very mild case.

Well if it's recommended you should definitely do that. Maybe get a booster once a month?

I still have friends who wear masks. If that makes them feel comfortable, why should I care? I try not to judge what other people do, as long as it's harmless. Wearing a mask may be unnecessary, but it's harmless to others.
Oh I am pretty sure you were very, very judgemental of those who didn't conform.

I worried about those who didn't of follow the guidelines, {snip}

Nah, you lecture and scold non conformists. Most of the guidelines were just bullshit. Gotta wear your mask in the restaurant walking to your table. When seated you may remove your mask for example.

Don't be mad at me because I wouldn't play along.

Wrong thread fella.

Nah, you lecture and scold non conformists. Most of the guidelines were just bullshit. Gotta wear your mask in the restaurant walking to your table. When seated you may remove your mask for example.
Correct. That was bullshit. You wanted restaurants open though, so those silly compromises were created to appease the plague rats.

Correct. That was bullshit. You wanted restaurants open though, so those silly compromises were created to appease the plague rats.

This was "the science" we were meant to believe in. Fuck off.

Business owners wanted their businesses open.

You defend these stupid things because you have an authoritarian streak.

"Plague rats" oh how quaint.

Yeah, the sensible rule would be to allow zero restaurants to open, and to require people to stay the fuck home.

You don't need to wear a mask if you never leave home - and most people shouldn't have left home for anything not immediately essential to life.

And once again you fall for the propaganda.

1) The spike in nursing home deaths did not correspond to the incidents you are referring to. Big time difference.

2) Where did they get Covid in the first place? It was already raging through the nursing homes! Even if a few had still been infectious it would be like tossing a match into a campfire.

3) Not doing it would definitely have killed people by denying them hospital beds. What were they supposed to do???

Dubious numbers.
Yeah, they're most likely an undercount. Inadequate testing at first and it's quite possible for the first contact a Covid patient has with the medical system being autopsy. It's not likely in someone who isn't noticeably sick, but someone who otherwise doesn't need the hospital can throw a clot into a deadly place. Notably, other causes of death that Covid could cause were also elevated.

Something close to half of America has pre-existing conditions.

Not soon enough.
Yeah, you still haven't learned from the fact that by now Covid kills Republicans at a 2:1 ratio after adjusting for health. (The raw number is even higher.)

Back
Top Bottom