• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Flat Earthers Now Think The Earth Is Shaped Like A Doughnut

The article describes them as "former Flat Earthers". :D

Well.. that's progress, maybe?

I mean, they added a whole dimension to their theory. That's HUGE!

The article describes them as "former Flat Earthers". :D

I saw that but they had to be wrong. A flat earther would immediately see that anyone on the bottom of the torus would fall off. Only one of those nutty spheroid earthers could believe that people could stick to the bottom of that thing.

Just offer them all a ticket to space to see for themselves. Whatever happens, happens.

some guy built a steam engine powered rocket that he rode to some altitude to prove that the Earth was flat. You heard me... steam.

And the sun? Is the sun a croissant? And actually the moon does rather look like a muffin when you think about it.

All this talk of doughnuts, croissants, muffins, and burritos is making me hungry...

Another version to flat-earth is the much-bigger-earth which would still be a globe on a much larger scale but still be perspectively flat. But doughnuts sound a good idea!

I think that the key line in that article is:

Is this all one big joke? I have no idea.

It's fairly impossible these days to distinguish between when some crazy guy is talking weird and when some sane guy is mocking a crazy guy who's talking weird.

I think that the key line in that article is:

Is this all one big joke? I have no idea.

It's fairly impossible these days to distinguish between when some crazy guy is talking weird and when some sane guy is mocking a crazy guy who's talking weird.

I tend to think it's a big joke.

Lots of smart people love to laugh at idiots; then there are really, really smart people who like to laugh at smart people who like to laugh at idiots.

Another version to flat-earth is the much-bigger-earth which would still be a globe on a much larger scale but still be perspectively flat.

Isn't that just the earth we have now? It looks flat from down here at most perspectives.

Another version to flat-earth is the much-bigger-earth which would still be a globe on a much larger scale but still be perspectively flat.

Isn't that just the earth we have now? It looks flat from down here at most perspectives.
The big difference would be a flat earther accepting that would believe that everyone would have to live on the top of that globe because otherwise they would fall off.

Back
Top Bottom