• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Foie Gras - Was: Lounge->Doing right now?

Great, now this can-of-worms that had fizzled out and died is re-opened so I can spend my Sunday defending myself from attacks.

You use the word "attack" as though the criticism is somehow unfair.

It is unfair, due it being based in false claims, biological ignorance and irrational anthropomorphism. (see post above yours).

It is unfair, due it being based in false claims, biological ignorance and irrational anthropomorphism. (see post above yours).

Bullshit.
if the goose really like it, then it wouldnt have to be force fed.

More failures of reason on your part, including false dichotomies and goal-post moving. The issue isn't whether the Geese "like it" so much that they prefer it to eating less. The issue is whether it causes them a level of pain that it qualifies as especially cruel. The behavioral evidence, supported by relevant facts of duck/geese biology shows that they do not experience it as painful or even uncomfortable enough to create an learned aversion that would make them squawk, try to flee, and struggle everytime it was their turn. There is a massive gulf between your new fallacious goal-post of them liking it and them hating and fearing it or it being cruel.
Dogs wouldn't need to be leashed if they "liked" always staying by their owners. By your "logic" this means leashing dogs is an act of cruelty that causes them serious pain.

Back
Top Bottom