• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Foie Gras - Was: Lounge->Doing right now?

Juma

Gone
Basic Beliefs
Sceptic
Saturday night:

Had foie gras parfait and venison with my parents and girlfriend.

Why eating something (foie gras) that requires extreme cruelty to animals to be produced?

Didnt you know that or do you not care?

Saturday night:

Had foie gras parfait and venison with my parents and girlfriend.

Why eating something (foie gras) that requires extreme cruelty to animals to be produced?

Yea I knew. I had just never tried it before, and wanted to.

First time I tried venison as well, which was pretty amazing.

So curiosity makes it ok? I havent seen how you look inside, is it ok that I come over and open you up?

So curiosity makes it ok? I havent seen how you look inside, is it ok that I come over and open you up?

I'm not really interested in having a debate on the morality of the dinner I had last night. I know the production of Foie Gras sucks, I had it anyway.

First time I tried venison as well, which was pretty amazing.

how did they prepare the venison? I've had some that was totally "meh" and only a few that I thought were good. None "amazing" yet.

My mother did make a venison pate' loaf once for Thanksgiving dinner. She had hit a deer with her car two days before and decided to have it for the big meal. She was sad that my brother snuck into the dining room and drew tire tracks on the pate' loaf.

Reactions: One

This isn't going to get anyone to reconsider their position. Also this thread isn't for arguments. If you'd like to discuss the morality of meat eating, make a thread in Morals & Principles.

This isn't going to get anyone to reconsider their position. Also this thread isn't for arguments. If you'd like to discuss the morality of meat eating, make a thread in Morals & Principles.

Its a rational forum is it not? Besides I'm enjoying Juma in the here and now.

I'm not really interested in having a debate on the morality of the dinner I had last night. I know the production of Foie Gras sucks, I had it anyway.

I bet the goose wasnt interested in being stuffed either.

Are you a moderator?

So you have nothing better to do than pick fights with people having casual conversation who are already aware of the moral argument you're making. Got it.

I bet that deer wasn't too keen on being slaughtered either.

Are you a moderator?

He doesn't have to be a moderator to point out that this is a chat thread. Do you really need to be reported to get the concept that it would be better to take your fight to a more appropriate forum?

Are you a moderator?

He doesn't have to be a moderator to point out that this is a chat thread. Do you really need to be reported to get the concept that it would be better to take your fight to a more appropriate forum?

So this isnt chatting? And dont you think that some reported eating something, that require severe animal abuse, without a sign of regret appalling?

I have no problem having a fuller discussion in this forum, but no one is actually contradicting the point being made. There is no argument.

So you have nothing better to do than pick fights with people having casual conversation who are already aware of the moral argument you're making. Got it.

So you dont get the enormous difference between making use of a roadkill and eating the result of a deliberatily abused animal? (force feed goose by pressing down food down its trout with a stick?)

So you dont get the enormous difference between making use of a roadkill and eating the result of a deliberatily abused animal? (force feed goose by pressing down food down its trout with a stick?)

Yes, yes I do get the difference, as I mentioned for about three posts in a row. Nobody here is contradicting your opinion that producing or eating Foie Gras is a bit morally repugnant, so you're not accomplishing anything with this tirade.

Yes, yes I do get the difference, as I mentioned for about three posts in a row. Nobody here is contradicting your opinion that producing or eating Foie Gras is a bit morally repugnant, so you're not accomplishing anything with this tirade.

"A bit morally repugnant"... Why downplay a horrible business?

I wont pursue this further but I find it interesting that it is only my comments that has made people upset. Not the foi gras.

I wont pursue this further but I find it interesting that it is only my comments that has made people upset. Not the foi gras.

Your comments didn't make anyone upset, you just could have chosen a better forum for your argument, and in my case I agreed with you right from the start and you continued pushing.

Imagine you do something somebody doesn't like. They tell you you shouldn't have done it. You immediately say, 'yea you're right'. The conversation doesn't need to continue after that point.

Your comments didn't make anyone upset, you just could have chosen a better forum for your argument, and in my case I agreed with you right from the start and you continued pushing.

Imagine you do something somebody doesn't like. They tell you you shouldn't have done it. You immediately say, 'yea you're right'. The conversation doesn't need to continue after that point.

But you didnt say "you're right", you said you did it even though you knew the background. To me that is to say that you didnt care. That you continued in later posts by downplaying the implications made me sure that you really didnt care.

Back
Top Bottom