• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

For a scientific concept of consciousness

How would I know the actual reasons!?

As to the possible reasons, they are many and we would all have our views on that.
EB

A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed.

I don't see the connection between this Ancient Greece thinker and 'bugger'.

Can you explain?
EB

A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed.

I don't see the connection between this Ancient Greece thinker and 'bugger'.

Can you explain?
EB

And of course that Python pun works because homosexuality was the cement of male Greek society while Socrates was condemned for 'corrupting the youth of Athens'. Most people take that as being to do with his atheism and arguing against resuming war with Sparta, but the accusation that he was a bit too keen on 'young boys and fish' doesn't go away. He's buggered either way.

And of course that Python pun works because homosexuality was the cement of male Greek society while Socrates was condemned for 'corrupting the youth of Athens'. Most people take that as being to do with his atheism and arguing against resuming war with Sparta, but the accusation that he was a bit too keen on 'young boys and fish' doesn't go away. He's buggered either way.

Yes, thanks. I had mostly forgotten about that bit about Socrates, and I'm not sure I ever made the connection with his possible homosexuality either.

I suppose it's unlikely because I probably learned about Socrates' trial in Athens at school (in France, in my time at least, we had philosophy our last school year), and I don't think the teacher in those times would have felt comfortable delving on homosexuality.
EB

Back
Top Bottom