• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Forgery suspect killed by cop restricting his airway

But let's not loose our reason. In a country of 300M+ people, how many police interactions are there in a given day? And how many end with violence? Where is the perspective here? This is insanity.

What is insanity that we tolerate such brutality even once.

We don't. No one does. Yet it is not systemic or an epidemic.
Then how do you explain the sympathetic protests throughout the USA?

It really takes some willful blindness to ignore that this incident struck a nerve throughout the US. It takes willful blindness to blame all the violence on Antifas or any group.

Doubtful. There certainly would not be any riots, much less nationwide riots, even after the cop was charged.

Can anyone recall the last time there were protests/riots over the death of a White male? It must have happened. I guess.

Probably that time that four black cops kneeled on the next of a white guy who was arrested for some petty nonviolent crime?

Oh wait—that never happened.

But black men being beaten to death and dumped into rivers or lunched or set on fire, black churches and homes and neighborhoods burned, black children murdered for some crime, real or imagined? Not that long ago.

Doubtful. There certainly would not be any riots, much less nationwide riots, even after the cop was charged.

Can anyone recall the last time there were protests/riots over the death of a White male? It must have happened. I guess.

I remember a few years ago a homeless white man was beaten to death by cops while he cried out for his father to help him. There were many protests.

[YOUTUBE]https://youtu.be/eKGMaJG7gT4[/YOUTUBE]

300 Demonstrators Gather In Hollywood To Protest Officers Acquittal In Kelly Thomas Fatal Beating

14 Arrested in Kelly Thomas Protest

He's already face down & cuffed. There are 4 officers, 1 suspect. Why not just pick him up, put him in the car, drive him to the station, and do whatever legal procedures that go with arrest? If 4 cops can't do this without killing a man who is already restrained, IMO they shouldn't be cops.

I agree. However, there was no intent to kill, and I do no think a person without his heart condition AND who wasn't high on meth and fentanyl would have died under these circumstances.

Take these two:
‘Twilight’ actor, girlfriend died of cocaine, fentanyl overdose
Much younger than Floyd too. Sure, they took coke rather than meth, but they are both powerful stimulants.

I think a crime has been committed by police, but not murder.

He's already face down & cuffed. There are 4 officers, 1 suspect. Why not just pick him up, put him in the car, drive him to the station, and do whatever legal procedures that go with arrest? If 4 cops can't do this without killing a man who is already restrained, IMO they shouldn't be cops.

I agree. However, there was no intent to kill, and I do no think a person without his heart condition AND who wasn't high on meth and fentanyl would have died under these circumstances.

Take these two:
Much younger than Floyd too. Sure, they took coke rather than meth, but they are both powerful stimulants.

What cop doesn't know choking someone out for nine minutes would result in death?

Take these two:

Other men have died under similar circumstances.

You know who wouldn’t have died? George Floyd would not have died if a police officer had not kneeled on his neck for 9 minutes.

But black men being beaten to death and dumped into rivers
Example?

or lunched
giphy.gif

or set on fire,
When?

black churches and homes and neighborhoods burned,
Whole neighborhoods, eh? When was that?

black children murdered
Most of these are by their fellow black people, not police officers or white civilians.

Like the 11 year old girl who was murdered by Myon Burell (while he tried to hit a fellow gang banger), and Amy Klobuchar is now being attacked for leading his first prosecution.

Both autopsies disagree with you.
No, they don't.

Two autopsies both find George Floyd died by homicide, but differ on some key details:

But the report released later Monday by the Hennepin County Medical Examiner's office said Floyd died of "cardiopulmonary arrest complicating law enforcement subdual, restraint and neck compression."

"Neck compression" = "choking."

Thus, both autopsies disagree with what you said:

Derec said:
Except he wasn't choking him.

Feel free to now shift your goalposts to where the autopsies diverge (cause of homicide) as we all know you will.

Not quite. For choking, you have to restrict the windpipe.
Cardiopulmonary arrest was primarily caused by his poor health and drug habit.
That doesn't mean that police did nothing wrong, but an average 46-year old would not have died under these circumstances.

Not quite. For choking, you have to restrict the windpipe.
Cardiopulmonary arrest was primarily caused by his poor health and drug habit.
That doesn't mean that police did nothing wrong, but an average 46-year old would not have died under these circumstances.

Derec, with no medical training, or access to the decedent is able to grasp at Russell's Teapot. It didn't explicitly exclude the shit-he's-just-making-up therefore the shit-he's-just-making-up.

Genius.

Notice how the state's examiner's conclusion didn't change from the PC affidavit to the full report, and indeed the only thing that changed was Derec wrongly assuming in the first instance what the words meant. That is to say, Derec went from thinking the examiner was not dumb, and now thinks the examiner is dumb merely because of a change in his emotional state. And he thinks this will convince anyone else.

I can't read every one of these posts but has anyone mentioned yet that a white nationalist group has been pretending to be antifa. It's been all over the news this morning. And, Twitter canceled their account as they were encouraging violence.

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/security/twitter-takes-down-washington-protest-disinformation-bot-behavior-n1221456

A Twitter account claiming to belong to a national “antifa” organization and pushing violent rhetoric related to ongoing protests has been linked to the white nationalist group Identity Evropa, according to a Twitter spokesperson.

The spokesperson said the account violated the company's platform manipulation and spam policy, specifically the creation of fake accounts. Twitter suspended the account after a tweet that incited violence.

As protests were taking place in multiple states across the U.S. Sunday night, the newly created account, @ANTIFA_US, tweeted, “Tonight’s the night, Comrades,” with a brown raised fist emoji and “Tonight we say 'F--- The City' and we move into the residential areas... the white hoods.... and we take what's ours …”

This isn’t the first time Twitter has taken action against fake accounts engaged in hateful conduct linked to Identity Evropa, according to the spokesperson.

The antifa movement — a network of loosely organized radical groups who use direct action to fight the far-right and fascism — has been targeted by President Donald Trump as the force behind some of the violence and property destruction seen at some protests, though little evidence has been provided for such claims.

I'm not a fan of antifa, but I do think those who support the concept have been unfairly demonized during these protests.

George Floyd was murdered. We don't have to use the term "choked to death" to describe how he was murdered. The correct term would be that he died of asphyxiation, due to a person cutting off his blood supply by putting his knee on his carotid artery for over 8 minutes. That is murder. The man's heart stopped because of the action of a cop, a cop who had a long record of complaints against him, not that it should matter if he didn't.

And, people are often able to say that they can't breathe when they are gasping for air. But if they can't breathe for an extended period of time, they will eventually be unable to talk at all and death will come quickly. It doesn't matter if Floyd had some mild heart condition or if he has used some type of drug or ETOH prior to this assault. He was murdered by a bad cop. Shit. Even that asshole Rush Limbaugh admitted it.

Maybe it would help those who don't seem to understand the problem, to do some serious reading about the long history of police brutality in the US. It's not always directed against black men, but they are the most common target statistically. Those in the lower socioeconomic classes, are the ones most commonly targeted by police. No. I'm not saying that every police officer is a criminal, but there are too many police officers who view civilians, especially poor or minority civilians as the enemy. Since the 1990s, the country has enabled the militarization of police. I listened to an inspiring speech by Joe Biden this morning, where he mentioned one of his goals, should he become president, is to end the program that gives military equipment to police forces. This was never a good idea. President Obama put some limits on the program but Trump rescinded them. The brutal violent cops are no friends of the better cops who are trying to do their job as it was meant to be done.

Police are to protect and serve! Who the fuck were they protecting when they murdered George Floyd or any of the other recent victims of police brutality that resulted in death? I know they have a hard job, but if they can't do it without killing unarmed people who are suspected of non violent crimes, they need to resign.

Not quite.

Yes, quite.

For choking, you have to restrict the windpipe.

Which is what happens when a neck is compressed by a 170 pound cop's knee pressing down on it for nine minutes.

Cardiopulmonary arrest was primarily caused

You have zero qualifications to make any such claim as to what was or was not "primarily caused."

That doesn't mean that police did nothing wrong

Then you're done. Finally.

Back
Top Bottom