• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Free Youtube Documentaries

For all the absolute shit that's on Youtube, there really are tons of great documentaries to watch. Think of any subject you want and there will be something worth watching. And it's free.

I dozed off last night to a great audiobook that was on Youtube of 2001: A Space Odyssey. Very cool--and free.

There's a website at www.freedocumentaries.org that I went to pretty often a few years ago. You might want to check it out. I saw "The Bridge" there which was pretty good. All about people who jumped off the Golden Gate Bridge in 2004 ( I think that was the year). Kinda sad actually.

There is a whole bunch of good stuff on there about ancient Rome. I enjoyed a documentary yesterday on there about Caligula and another about Nero, and now I am starting on a long series of Rise and Fall of Rome. These Emperors, especially Caligula and Nero, were seriously crazy in the head. Caligula apparently wanted to appoint his horse to a high office and built gigantic party boats in a tiny lake (so they couldn't actually go anywhere else).

Watched this a little while ago. People who love human beings will love this film:

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdb4XGVTHkE[/YOUTUBE]

This is great:

When the Moors Ruled in Europe

This mentions a lot of times that Islam was once the champion of science. What a reversal! Amazing how things change like that.

Look what the president of Egypt, Gamal Abdel Nasser (1956-1970) was saying then in relation to the Muslim Brotherhood and how things have changed and how things are moving towards extremism...(read the subtitles).

The Middle East was rapidly westernizing in the '60s and '70s. Google street views of Baghdad, Kabul or Cairo from the period and you see people walking around in western dress, women out alone, heads uncovered, in high heels and western-style dresses
When a people feels put upon, though, it seeks to distance itself from its oppressor by emphasizing its own cultural differences, so now Burqas and Sharia are all the rage.

Back
Top Bottom