• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Fundy pastor visits Scandinavia; head explodes

No worries.

It's amazing that the pastor can view Scandinavia as immoral given that they have far less violent crime than we do. I guess violent crime must not be a moral issue to fundamentalists, which I suppose would explain why religiosity correlates with violent crime rates.

No worries.

It's amazing that the pastor can view Scandinavia as immoral given that they have far less violent crime than we do. I guess violent crime must not be a moral issue to fundamentalists, which I suppose would explain why religiosity correlates with violent crime rates.

Yet even by the Pastor's yardstick Scandinavia is doing better, that's what I find interesting. Teenage pregnancies are lower there than here, especially in the southern states.

No worries.

Yet even by the Pastor's yardstick Scandinavia is doing better, that's what I find interesting. Teenage pregnancies are lower there than here, especially in the southern states.

I've debated enough evangelicals to know that even if you tell them teenaged pregnancies and violent crimes are lower in Scandinavia, they will simply deny your information because it conflicts with their conclusions. Scandinavia is a place full of immorality and any fact that conflicts with that conclusion is obviously wrong.

I liked the exchange about "faith." Apparently pastor Marty believes only on faith that his children are his because he didn't witness the sperm/egg union. Cool. Anything I did not witness must be taken on faith. I have faith that China is real! Woohoo! Never personally witnessed the place. Wow. What a fundy ignoramus loon. But a pretty sweet guy too.

Did Marty see his parents having sex? That he is their son is a matter of faith obviously. I love this line of reasoning. Time for some DNA testing. But wait. Did he witness every step of the scientific analysis? Did he see the research? Faith again. Cool.

Last edited:
I liked the exchange about "faith." Apparently pastor Marty believes only on faith that his children are his because he didn't witness the sperm/egg union. Cool. Anything I did not witness must be taken on faith. I have faith that China is real! Woohoo! Never personally witnessed the place. Wow. What a fundy ignoramus loon. But a pretty sweet guy too.

Did Marty see his parents having sex? That he is their son is a matter of faith obviously. I love this line of reasoning. Time for some DNA testing. But wait. Did he witness every step of the scientific analysis? Did he see the research? Faith again. Cool.

I have never seen Marty's kidneys, therefore when I say that Marty has at least one functioning kidney, this is a matter of faith, because it is entirely possible that his blood is being processed by tiny demons that live in his penis.

In what way does he seem like a sweet guy? He's filled with chauvinism and hate. The fact that he hides it behind a smile and soft eyes just makes it more disgusting.

In what way does he seem like a sweet guy? He's filled with chauvinism and hate. The fact that he hides it behind a smile and soft eyes just makes it more disgusting.
He's just like fundy individuals I know personally who go about their lives. If the subject of cults never comes up you won't know they're a member. Sure, he wants his cult to prevail, that's typical cult behavior. Why hate someone who is intellectually challenged, is your lesser, and is not a threat? Better to keep him close and be open and confident in your views when his cult convictions are discussed. I actually know pastors of Marty's age who truly are full of hate and chauvinism. Marty does not fit the model.

His exchange about using his shotgun to stop an aggressor was also revealing. He's obviously quite ignorant of his own deep seated humanism.

He's just like fundy individuals I know personally who go about their lives. If the subject of cults never comes up you won't know they're a member. Sure, he wants his cult to prevail, that's typical cult behavior. Why hate someone who is intellectually challenged, is your lesser, and is not a threat? Better to keep him close and be open and confident in your views when his cult convictions are discussed. I actually know pastors of Marty's age who truly are full of hate and chauvinism. Marty does not fit the model.

His exchange about using his shotgun to stop an aggressor was also revealing. He's obviously quite ignorant of his own deep seated humanism.

I wouldn't call it humanism. You'd be hard pressed to find a Swede who wanted to shoot an intruder. It's not hard to get a shotgun licence here. But I don't know anybody who keeps one in the house for protection. Just doesn't happen. Swedes just don't think like that. I'm not sure what the difference is. But we're not particularly afraid here. We're not ruled by fear. I think most Swedes assume they'll be fine even without arming themselves. Which they most often will be.

Not a threat?

Not a threat?

These people are using the law to persecute women and gays. They are pushing national policies that have resulted in hundreds of thousands of dead civilians. They actively work to undermine science and prevent the teaching of science. They push abstinence only programs that result in increases in teen pregnancy, abortions, and STD rates. They promote government policies which harm the poor. They promote mass torture as a government policy. They push for "execute the gays" laws in Africa. They discourage condom use in Africa in the middle of an AIDS crisis. Evangelical mission work in Africa is at least partially responsible for the current practice of setting children on fire for "witchcraft."

Not a threat?

It is hard to imagine a greater threat on the planet today.

Back
Top Bottom