• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Split Gaza. Split From: Dem VP Pic: your choice?

To notify a split thread.
Oh, and incidentally, Loren, the Israeli minister who would like to starve two million Gazans but says the world won’t let him do it does vow, however, that Gazans will receive no sanitation, welfare or education for the next two years at least, because he plans for Gaza to be a “war zone” at least that long.
There is an easy way for Gaza not to be a warzone for that long. Release of all hostages and an unconditional surrender by Hamas and allied terrorist groups.

However, since they are vassals of the Tehran regime, a regime change there will probably also be necessary as a practical matter. That would cut off the flow of money and weapons.

So let me get this straight: The U.S. went to a rugged and mountainous landscape on the other side of the planet, and in two months successfully removed the Taliban from power, and managed to keep civilian casualties relatively low. Yet, Israel can't occupy a flatland right next door facing a similar number of combatants and keep civilian causalities low while winning the hearts of the people like the US (for the most part) did in Afghanistan?
If the US’ goal was to annex Afghanistan as the 51st state and replace all its occupants with Americans things may have played out differently.

Last edited:
Oh, and incidentally, Loren, the Israeli minister who would like to starve two million Gazans but says the world won’t let him do it does vow, however, that Gazans will receive no sanitation, welfare or education for the next two years at least, because he plans for Gaza to be a “war zone” at least that long.
There is an easy way for Gaza not to be a warzone for that long. Release of all hostages and an unconditional surrender by Hamas and allied terrorist groups.

However, since they are vassals of the Tehran regime, a regime change there will probably also be necessary as a practical matter. That would cut off the flow of money and weapons.

So let me get this straight: The U.S. went to a rugged and mountainous landscape on the other side of the planet, and in two months successfully removed the Taliban from power, and managed to keep civilian casualties relatively low. Yet, Israel can't occupy a flatland right next door facing a similar number of combatants and keep civilian causalities low while winning the hearts of the people like the US (for the most part) did in Afghanistan?
We have no idea what the civilian casualties were as we didn't actually do most of the fighting. And the Taliban didn't use human shield tactics on the Northern Alliance because it wouldn't have worked.

I dunno. They’ve already massacred more Gazans than the 30k you describe as “not a small band”.
War casualties are not necessarily "massacred".
This includes 108 journalists (103 Palestinian, 2 Israeli and 3 Lebanese) and over 224 humanitarian aid workers, including 179 employees of UNRWA.
Many Hamasniks have day jobs, including as journalists or working for UNRWA. We do not know how many of these numbers moonlighted as fighters for Hamas or one of the other terror groups.
Examples:
IDF confirms Abdallah Aljamal, Hamas terrorist and news contributor, was holding 3 hostages in his home in Nuseirat alongside his family
UN probe finds 9 UNRWA employees ‘may have’ been involved in October 7 attack

So let me get this straight: The U.S. went to a rugged and mountainous landscape on the other side of the planet, and in two months successfully removed the Taliban from power, and managed to keep civilian casualties relatively low. Yet, Israel can't occupy a flatland
The Taliban came back. So how successful was that really?
And Gaza is not Flatland, just like Yaya Sinwar is not A Square.
right next door facing a similar number of combatants and keep civilian causalities low while winning the hearts of the people like the US (for the most part) did in Afghanistan?
Hamas et al are well-funded and armed from outside (i.e. from Iran). There is also the antisemitism endemic in Arab and Muslim societies. Afghanistan does not have a similarly entrenched anti-Americanism. And lastly, who says Afghanistan had fewer civilian casualties?

You're right to point that out. While I understand that the population density and the objectives of the invaders are different in each case, here is what I'm getting at: Between October 7 and December 12, of the same year, approximately 10,000 civilians were killed. In comparison, around 50,000 civilians were killed during the 22-year war in Afghanistan. Given these numbers, where do you think the civilian toll will stand if this invasion continues as long as America's involvement in Afghanistan?

Back
Top Bottom