• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

General Religion?

If a religion is General, then doesn't that make it a military?

:D

There might be a Colonel of truth in that...

Maybe even two...

colonel_sanders.png

Laugh on, atheists. But in John's Revelation, Chapter the 14, verses 14 to 20, I read that General Jesus, seated on a cloud and clutching a sharp sickle, will slice through the evil ones, cutting right and left, lo, selah, et cetera, until the blood is as high as a horse's bridle, for 200 miles around. Ye infidels, for who shall save ye then. Who will have the last laugh? Jesus and me. We'll have the last laugh. Wiping a bit of stringy flesh off our chins, perhaps, floating high above the lake of deep dark red blood. Laughing. Whom is fooling whom????

Laugh on, atheists. But in John's Revelation, Chapter the 14, verses 14 to 20, I read that General Jesus, seated on a cloud and clutching a sharp sickle, will slice through the evil ones, cutting right and left, lo, selah, et cetera, until the blood is as high as a horse's bridle, for 200 miles around. Ye infidels, for who shall save ye then. Who will have the last laugh? Jesus and me. We'll have the last laugh. Wiping a bit of stringy flesh off our chins, perhaps, floating high above the lake of deep dark red blood. Laughing. Whom is fooling whom????

As Shaw said about that particular work, 'the ravings of a drug addict!' Mostly though, I think, it was a coded work against Rome, so I don't judge it too hardly.

Laugh on, atheists. But in John's Revelation, Chapter the 14, verses 14 to 20, I read that General Jesus, seated on a cloud and clutching a sharp sickle, will slice through the evil ones, cutting right and left, lo, selah, et cetera, until the blood is as high as a horse's bridle, for 200 miles around.

Damn. I hope he was talking about small ponies!

Damn. I hope he was talking about small ponies!
Religious metaphors can be difficult to MASTER, CHIEFly because of the wide range of interpretations. But we soldier on...

I'm gunner have to groan at that one. Military pun s'arnt funny after a while.

I'm gunner have to groan at that one. Military pun s'arnt funny after a while.
Really? That's a first, mate.

Since i don't wanna seem petty, offer a truce?

I
Ever
Understood
The
Enemy's
Negotiating
A
Nervous
Truce.

Could
Others
Make