• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Getting High Is Just As Good Now As An Atheist

The thing about hot dogs - they're really hard to keep lit.

When you buy illegal drugs keep in mind where that money ultimately goes.

I pat myself on the back every time I take a toke, for saving YOU from whatever evil the cartels would be wreaking upon you if pot wasn't legal here and I opted to buy it.
:)

Btw, is it 4:20 yet?
Jerry Garcia died shortly after 4am
:( if I remember right, he was in rehab and his body was not use to not having the drugs in it. In other words he died trying to get clean.
Sad story.

Yes, and his unfortunate addiction to hot dogs. Sad day. That morning on the way to work I was filling my gas and the gas station was playing Loose Lucy, and I'm like, this must be bad.
Garcia died in his room at the rehabilitation clinic on August 9, 1995.[13][119] The cause of death was a heart attack.[120][121] Garcia had long struggled with drug addiction,[13]

If it were only the hot dogs, maybe that did help. But I would say not, it was probably the lack of drugs.
The hot dogs had to do with his poor eating habits and being over weight. Not saying that it was a prime cause but it didn't help his condition.

Middle aged men who are overweight, relatively inactive and have poor eating habits, often die of massive heart attacks. I don't know what if any other drugs Garcia may have used he was overweight, a brittle diabetic and he smoked cigs in addiction to weed. I seriously doubt it was the weed that had much if anything to do with his death.

Sadly, the obesity epidemic will cause a lot more early deaths and serious health care issues compared to using cannabis. Obesity is probably a lot harder to overcome, compared to drug addiction.

Btw, is it 4:20 yet?
Jerry Garcia died shortly after 4am
:( if I remember right, he was in rehab and his body was not use to not having the drugs in it. In other words he died trying to get clean.
Sad story.

Yes, and his unfortunate addiction to hot dogs. Sad day. That morning on the way to work I was filling my gas and the gas station was playing Loose Lucy, and I'm like, this must be bad.
Garcia died in his room at the rehabilitation clinic on August 9, 1995.[13][119] The cause of death was a heart attack.[120][121] Garcia had long struggled with drug addiction,[13]

If it were only the hot dogs, maybe that did help. But I would say not, it was probably the lack of drugs.
The hot dogs had to do with his poor eating habits and being over weight. Not saying that it was a prime cause but it didn't help his condition.
Middle aged men who are overweight, relatively inactive and have poor eating habits, often die of massive heart attacks. I don't know what if any other drugs Garcia may have used he was overweight, a brittle diabetic and he smoked cigs in addiction to weed. I seriously doubt it was the weed that had much if anything to do with his death.

Sadly, the obesity epidemic will cause a lot more early deaths and serious health care issues compared to using cannabis. Obesity is probably a lot harder to overcome, compared to drug addiction.
Weight problems are hard to overcome, as I barely lost like 8 pounds.
Not arguing with anyone his weight probably did contribute to his death.

When you buy illegal drugs keep in mind where that money ultimately goes.

I pat myself on the back every time I take a toke, for saving YOU from whatever evil the cartels would be wreaking upon you if pot wasn't legal here and I opted to buy it.
:)
It is interesting that one of past Colombian leaders of a cartel said publicly it was his goal to corrupt he USA with drugs.

Do you think it is coincidence that Chinese illegal drug makers manage to manufacture and ship large quantities of fentanyl to the USA in an authoritarian Chinese police state? You can't fart in China without it being known by the government.

Drug cartels use what amounts to slave labor.

One of the ideas behind legalizing pot was getting the criminals out of the business. Unfortunately here in Wa the state became the new cartel.

I see the effects of drugs when I go outside my building and go around Seattle on the streets. As taxpayer I pay for the consequences of drugs.

Teens hanging out on the street smoking pat with nothing better to do.

Sorry if I fog up your rose colored glasses.

Take whatever drugs you like as long as Io anyone don't have to deal with consequences.

Hanging out on the street is a big threat to you?

Chinese Fentanyl and Colombian cocaine are not pot, Steve.

Take whatever drugs you like as long as Io anyone don't have to deal with consequences.

That’s my stance. But with fentanyl and cocaine you will have to deal with horrible consequences. Heroin and alcohol also exact a huge price. Pot is literally the least of your drug worries.

DB665971-A053-4121-9272-F0BA2A812D9C.jpeg

Starting to look real good!

Hanging out on the street is a big threat to you?
I can not see how that would be a threat either.

Chinese Fentanyl and Colombian cocaine are not pot, Steve.
Exactly and when I buy from a dispensary it is locally grown, not imported from anywhere. And I am not using any of those stronger drugs, just pot.

That’s my stance. But with fentanyl and cocaine you will have to deal with horrible consequences. Heroin and alcohol also exact a huge price. Pot is literally the least of your drug worries.

View attachment 40369

Starting to look real good!
Good? Not good great.

Good? Not good great.
I try not to get too excited, counting chickens etc.
But it does look great, and if I time the harvest right and cure it correctly, it WILL be great!

Best of all, I'll get the greenhouse back next year; the two pot plants should last 2-3 years.
Our tomato crop is down this year (lost some starts so the planting was late, and space was constrained because of the pot plants).
Fresh garden tomatoes are more of an addiction for me than pot. In years when there's no pot in the greenhouse, we freeze hundreds of them and they serve well throughout the winter. This year, we will be lucky to not run out by next spring.

:(

Teens hanging out on the street [...] with nothing better to do.
Yeah, that definitely started with the legalisation of pot, and hasn't been a pathetic complaint of old men since the beginning of recorded history at all. :rolleyesa:

At least since the advent of streets.
Obviously the main cause is streets.

Teens hanging out on the street [...] with nothing better to do.
Yeah, that definitely started with the legalisation of pot, and hasn't been a pathetic complaint of old men since the beginning of recorded history at all. :rolleyesa:

At least since the advent of streets.
Obviously the main cause is streets.
I knew that their ice cream was just a front for the leftist attempt to destroy society.

727E87F1-64DF-4D8A-AAD8-9D0BFED9A815.jpeg

Is it me, or does Steve sound like an old man yelling at the kids to get off of his lawn?

Come on Steve.....light one up and lighten up a little or at least stop being so judgmental. :p Those of us who enjoy a little MaryJane are mature adults who don't use irresponsibly and I assume like me, they don't walk around stoned all day.

I've lived in Georgia for about 30 years and cannabis has always been readily available, regardless of legality. In fact, there was a time that the police turned their backs on farmers in South Georgia who were growing weed in order to make a good living. I'm guessing there were some kickbacks involved. Is that better than making it legal and taxing it, like we do ETOH? Any drug can be abused but cannabis has a very low level of abuse, compared to our federally legal drug.

What's it to you, Steve, if some of the posters here enjoy a little buzz that makes life a little more pleasant? Should we make everything illegal, just because some people create problems? If that's the way you feel, I guess you'd like to go back to the days when ETOH was illegal. That worked out so well, didn't it? Who should profit from our "sins", those who sell illegally or the state and those who sell a regulated legal product?

The cold hit, and like clockwork I picked up a few low dose edibles, I guess there's something about sunlight.

The house to the left of us is a rental, and this year there's a guy who smokes in the backyard all day, every day. Really nice guy who just adopted a shelter dog, it's been entertaining watching him smoke / play fetch when I'm cooking. The house to the right of us is full of smokers too.

I'm happy about legalization, but don't plan to do anything but the very lowest dosage of edible, and maybe only once a week or less. Really need a clear head in the IT industry.

Have not posted in awhile and seems like a good thread to post to.
When I get some I will be happy to get high.
It really is not much different then when I believed in a god, and enjoy it just as much.
In fact it probably makes life with an end more bearable to think about, realizing there's nothing when you die.
Of course I also wont miss consciousness so there's really nothing to worry about.

I just hope I can last another 20 years. And will make it the best 20 years which I can.

It really is not much different then when I believed in a god, and enjoy it just as much.
In fact it probably makes life with an end more bearable to think about, realizing there's nothing when you die.
Of course I also wont miss consciousness so there's really nothing to worry about.

I just hope I can last another 20 years. And will make it the best 20 years which I can.
It's good to see you are hanging in there, considering the problems that you've shared with us. Please let us know how you're doing from time to time, if you don't feel like posting on a regular basis.

Wish you were here yesterday when I added branches to the slash pile, still holding untold amounts.

I can’t believe a god is so satisfactory for so many.

Never having been religious, that concern was never an issue for me. I do hope for a relative pleasant death though. Pain sucks.

🤗

I just hope I can last another 20 years.

Amen! That would be a good run for me too.

I'd be happy for 10 or 15 years, assuming I am comfortable. I don't want to end up like my poor mom, who will be 97 in 2 days and has been living in a nursing home for over 2 years with dementia. She never smoked, drank, used weed or took Rx. medications. She exercised, was thin and didn't have a single risk factor for Alzheimers, other than living past 85. She never wanted to live past 90, which was just about the time that we noticed her cognitive decline.

I feel the same way as my mom. When life becomes painful or meaningless, it's sad to linger on.

Sometimes we need a little temporary escape from the harshness of life.

:joy:

Sometimes we need a little temporary escape from the harshness of life.
True enough. The escape (for me) is to forget the sadness, pleasure, pain and ecstasy. They are the exclusive province of the living, but are not life itself. Intoxicants don’t really help me with that; only meditation does. But psychedelics did play a huge early role.

Back
Top Bottom