• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Girl tossed in the air by American buffalo / bison

Aggressive animals, who knew. Elk have been known to chase boats in the water in Maine. They have also been known to play chicken with cars.

When I was living in North Idaho there was a report of grizzly and antler hunters. In Asia ground antlers are a male aphrodisiac. The hunters climbed a tree. The bear jumped up and pulled one down by the leg whomping him on the ground like in a cartoon.

There used to be dwarf bowling. Tossing one done the lane.

Is this a new sport?

This cowardly American wildlife, attacking defenceless children, is a disgrace.

I have seen a cassowary take on a backhoe. And win. (Well, it busted a couple of hydraulic hoses, so the machine didn't work anymore, then strutted off back into the rainforest).

Gee, do people need a reminder that bison are 900 lbs of ornery muscle with hammers for feet and daggers growing out of their heads?

This is what happens when people live in cities and become disconnected from nature.

Someone living in Anchorage knows not to fuck with a moose.

I have seen a cassowary take on a backhoe. And win. (Well, it busted a couple of hydraulic hoses, so the machine didn't work anymore, then strutted off back into the rainforest).
Aren't cassowary the most dangerous? They've got dinosaur like hooks on their feet. Which is why Australia needs to give the White House a cassowary... now!!!

Gee, do people need a reminder that bison are 900 lbs of ornery muscle with hammers for feet and daggers growing out of their heads?
Distance can lead to mistaken impressions. See a rhino at a zoo, it looks biggish... but if you are standing right next to a rhino, the size (bulk) becomes a lot more impressive.

Aren't cassowary the most dangerous? They've got dinosaur like hooks on their feet. Which is why Australia needs to give the White House a cassowary... now!!!

Cassowaries are clear evidence that not all dinosaurs are extinct. They are about six feet tall, and can disembowel a man with a single kick.

They're herbivores, but very territorial, and not particularly intelligent; They have a distressing habit of standing up to cars, which usually ends badly for both parties. A cassowary can easily write off a car, but rarely without injuring itself. And they won't get out of the road for an approaching vehicle, which is a big cause of their population decline, particularly in their southern range around Mission Beach/Tully.

They have a presence that is quite terrifying.

This is what happens when people live in cities and become disconnected from nature.

Someone living in Anchorage knows not to fuck with a moose.

We were in some small town out west somewhere, maybe Idaho, pumping gas at the gas station. All of the sudden, people started running and when we looked to see why it was a bull moose strolling up the street. We ducked into the station along with a bunch of other people while the moose sauntered into the gas station lot, checked out our cars, and eventually wandered off.

I still have photos of the event somewhere. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom