• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

God Made Trump

WOW! I watched this, trying to figure out whether it was a sarcastic video from an anti-Trumper, or just more sincere but irrational adulation from the MAGGATS. I'm still not sure. The clip where He pushes another leader aside to be photographed might be a clue.

So I Googled. And I'm still not sure. Was this from an anti-Trumper, got posted to Truth Social, and is now touted by The Orange Christ Himself? His Holiness is omniscient and omnipotent but not quite smart enough to realize this video was produced to poke fun at Him?

WOW! I watched this, trying to figure out whether it was a sarcastic video from an anti-Trumper, or just more sincere but irrational adulation from the MAGGATS. I'm still not sure. The clip where He pushes another leader aside to be photographed might be a clue.

So I Googled. And I'm still not sure. Was this from an anti-Trumper, got posted to Truth Social, and is now touted by The Orange Christ Himself? His Holiness is omniscient and omnipotent but not quite smart enough to realize this video was produced to poke fun at Him?

It's real.

I posted a link to it in pol humor a few days ago. Trump posted it on Trothe Sential.

I don't think a lot of his followers are ignorant. I'm beginning to think they are mentally ill.
Yes, they are. Exposure to Trump’s lies can induce psychopathy. It’s pretty easy to see; there are myriad examples where people wonder “what happened to Uncle BillyBob? He used to be so sensible, and now he sounds like a certifiable nutjob!”

I like the part where he delivers his own grandchildren. Is there nothing this man can’t do?

And why does God need someone to drill oil for him? What kind of car does the almighty drive?

There’s so much to unpack here. I want to see some parodies of it made. Maybe something with the same words but showing him playing golf instead of working all night for us. Stormy Daniels needs to be in it too.

Trump broke Poe's Law. Or maybe it was his base of supporters. There is no way to rationalize or understand what makes his base tick. They hate whiny crybabies, but Trump whines all the time. They hate the establishment, Trump is a second generation rich boy whose current wealth stems solely from his father's slum lord accomplishments. He is uber-wealthy, but they give him their money. He is a fat slob, that they think is some majestic beast. They whined about Lewinsky and wore shirts saying he could grab them by their... well areas that wouldn't have been his first choice.

I don't think a lot of his followers are ignorant. I'm beginning to think they are mentally ill.
I found several articles that support that idea. The first one might be behind a paywall, but Scientific American, usually allows a nonsubscriber to read some articles. The one I'm posting is from 2021.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/the-shared-psychosis-of-donald-trump-and-his-loyalists/

The reasons are multiple and varied, but in my recent public-service book, Profile of a Nation, I have outlined two major emotional drives: narcissistic symbiosis and shared psychosis. Narcissistic symbiosis refers to the developmental wounds that make the leader-follower relationship magnetically attractive. The leader, hungry for adulation to compensate for an inner lack of self-worth, projects grandiose omnipotence—while the followers, rendered needy by societal stress or developmental injury, yearn for a parental figure. When such wounded individuals are given positions of power, they arouse similar pathology in the population that creates a “lock and key” relationship.

Shared psychosis”—which is also called “folie à millions” [“madness for millions”] when occurring at the national level or “induced delusions”—refers to the infectiousness of severe symptoms that goes beyond ordinary group psychology. When a highly symptomatic individual is placed in an influential position, the person’s symptoms can spread through the population through emotional bonds, heightening existing pathologies and inducing delusions, paranoia and propensity for violence—even in previously healthy individuals. The treatment is removal of exposure.

Why does Trump himself seem to gravitate toward violence and destruction?

Destructiveness is a core characteristic of mental pathology, whether directed toward the self or others. First, I wish to clarify that those with mental illness are, as a group, no more dangerous than those without mental illness. When mental pathology is accompanied by criminal-mindedness, however, the combination can make individuals far more dangerous than either alone.

In my textbook on violence, I emphasize the symbolic nature of violence and how it is a life impulse gone awry. Briefly, if one cannot have love, one resorts to respect. And when respect is unavailable, one resorts to fear. Trump is now living through an intolerable loss of respect: rejection by a nation in his election defeat. Violence helps compensate for feelings of powerlessness, inadequacy and lack of real productivity.
Quite a few psychiatrists participated in the article, and I think that BH is correct when he said he thinks that Trump supporters are mentally ill. Some are just greedy people who voted for Trump for tax breaks. My bro in law is one of them. He's hinted that he won't vote for Trump again, but I have a feeling that he will, despite admitted to us after the 1/6/21 insurrection that he now realizes that Trump is nuts.

Watched it. I have seen/heard far, far crazier things from MAGAworld. My crazy-ass born again cousins would endorse every word, clause, and sentence in the script. Actually, I'm sure they think God positioned Trump to do away with Roe. Further reactions:
1- The narrator says Trump is "gentle enough to deliver his own grandchild." And he has a granddaughter, Kai, born in 2007 to Don Jr. & Vanessa Trump (now divorced, because...well, these are Trumps). But does this mean that, say, mom went into labor at Mar-a-Lago and Trump stepped in as OB-GYN? That those moist little fingers...No, say it aint so. There are only so many meanings to "grab 'em by the pussy" that a nation can stand.
2- The music track could use some punch-up. Don't they play upbeat country at his rallies?
3- What's so weird about the God/Trump connection? I think Jesus said, somewhere in John's gospel, that "Verily, I could stand in the middle of Jerusalem and spear someone, and I wouldn't lose any apostles, okay? It's like, incredible." (Living Bible version)

Political science was my minor when I went to UT Tyler back in the mid 90s. We were talking about different forms of government and studies showed that the American public leaned towards authoritarianism even at that time.

You use the term "mentally ill" as though it's an abnormal condition.

The problem, as I see it, is that humans aren't particularly well grounded in informed and rational thought or decision making.

Quite the contrary. We're very disinclined to such.
Tom

Just look at the Bible. God made lots of bad things. The 10 plagues come to mind. Now we have another.

I'd take at least 3 of the ten plagues in place of Trump. Hail, frogs, flies, okay. It's a tossup when you come to lice and the river turning to blood.

I'd take at least 3 of the ten plagues in place of Trump. Hail, frogs, flies, okay. It's a tossup when you come to lice and the river turning to blood.
I dunno; A river of blood could be a very useful source of free food. Like manna from heaven (only more "black pudding from heaven").

I was watching the movie Quartermass and the Pit and thought about this thread. Trump is our version of the Martians and he brings the genetic idiot out in some of us

So someone else pointed out that this is a take off from a Paul Harvey thing, God Made a Farmer. Very similar.

Back
Top Bottom